Author Topic: Are Stubhub tickets reliable?  (Read 1653 times)

Offline achtung child

• Headache in a Suitcase
Are Stubhub tickets reliable?
« on: December 16, 2014, 11:17:25 AM »
I've been thinking of purchasing nosebleeds to a couple shows.  Are they reliable?

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
Re: Are Stubhub tickets reliable?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 11:45:57 AM »
I've not had a problem and great customer service. I also appreciate that their price always includes all fees up front.

Offline achtung child

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 11:58:29 AM »
What about other reliable ticketing sources aside from Stubhub?

Offline rcamu2

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 12:33:05 PM »
stub hub is great.

Offline achtung child

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 12:39:21 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Are there any others you would recommend?

Are there any others you would recommend?

Offline judgesmails

• Wanderer
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 01:30:40 PM »
I've used Stubhub several times, and I've never had a problem.  Also, I contacted them about tickets for the upcoming tour and they confirmed that any tickets sold on their site are transferable - no need to present the credit card or ID associated with the original purchase.

Offline Wolf359

• Babyface
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 01:53:30 PM »
Stubhub is definitely the best/most reliable resale site. If for any reason your tickets dont scan, SH will refund your money AND make sure you get into the show with seats that are at least as good (if not better) than the ones you purchased. SH usually has a tent/temporary office outside the venue for a large event/show like these.

Offline bonorules

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 02:04:17 PM »
StubHub is usually okay, because they will help you get a refund or different seats if something happens with your order.  Remember though, if you do have an issue with your ticket and StubHub isn't the "official" ticket reseller for the venue, their box office will not be able to help you, because you are not the name on the account in their ticketing system. 

Most StubHub sales are okay, but I work a lot of events and the number one issue at a box office's customer service window is with people who resold their tickets via TM+ and again via StubHub.  It is entirely up to the venue on how they handle this situation, but most allow the TM+ customer to stay, because that would be their "official" reseller and they can confirm that account sale, and the StubHub customer is sent away disappointed.  (BTW, if that ever happens to you, be sure to ask the box office for a copy of the ticket.  StubHub will want proof that you were denied entry before they refund your money, or if it's still enough time before the event start, find you new tickets.)

Offline achtung child

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 02:04:27 PM »
What about vivid seats?

Offline bonorules

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 02:06:36 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
What about vivid seats?

I would say they are the same as StubHub, but I'm not sure they are as customer friendly for getting refunds or new seats if there is an issue.

Offline achtung child

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2014, 02:09:13 PM »
Cool, well I've got a ticket for three of the nights in Chicago.  Contemplating a fourth in the nosebleeds.  I worry they will not be back out for a LONG time after this tour.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 02:11:46 PM by achtung child »

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2014, 02:12:30 PM »
A few years back, I read an article about reliable resellers and StubHub and VividSeats were mentioned. I have email subscriptions to both and VividSeats seem to be more frequent in their coupon offers. VividSeats usually is higher priced and doesn't show you the fees up front.

Quick Google Search turned up this - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  I've not heard of TicketLodge, but it's this site's #1 resource.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2014, 09:04:30 PM »
I have had no problems with stubhub and even paid lower than face in the past. I was curious about vivid too but they don't see to have the 'muscle' that stubhub has. The CC entry system might actually only be for FLOOR tickets so you might want to contact your specific venue.