Author Topic: One last thing: Buy now or wait??  (Read 1143 times)

Offline achtung child

• Headache in a Suitcase
One last thing: Buy now or wait??
« on: December 18, 2014, 08:42:55 AM »
I know I was asking about Stubhub and this will be the last (for awhile) :-X  I've found some nosebleeds for about $70 a piece.  Others are priced around $100.  Should I buy them now, or is it likely the prices will come down as the show gets closer next year? 

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
Re: One last thing: Buy now or wait??
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 09:47:22 AM »
Stubhub is a legit service. If it is piece of mind you are after than I would buy them now. The markup is very minimal if that bothers you or not. There are chances you could get better tickets but depends on what you how badly you want to be close to the edge! Safety or risk, you decide.

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 09:47:44 AM »
check to make sure those $70 ones aren't obstructed views. i've been buying from scalpers and craigslist for years and generally the closer to the show the prices come down. if you wait till the night of the show then you may be able to get a deal. risk and reward. but if those $70 are not obstructed view then they aren't a bad option if you don't mind being far away.

Offline achtung child

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 11:40:32 AM »
Ya, I just figure somebody ought to come down off their high horse and bargain for at least $60.  That being said, there is a nosebleed going for nearly $10,000 on Stubhub.  True story.

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 01:12:10 PM »
Kind of depends on which city you are in and what you want. I know a Springsteen fan who has been going to shows for 30 years and has never arrived at the gig with a ticket. If you don't care to miss the opening act and are a bit of a gambler, there's no need for you to get ripped off.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 02:38:45 PM »
LOL, Saint so true.

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 08:38:27 PM »
Basically what everyone else said. If you want peace of mind and the tickets are decent, knock yourself out. But if not, waiting until much closer to the show could result in something cheaper.

Offline weinerdog

• Stateless
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 09:10:32 PM »
No reason to buy now imo. Keep an eye out on here and other fan forums for face value tickets, and there will be ticket drops as the show dates near. Also, Stubhub is probably a bit 'safer', although most of the other scalper sites are tied into the same database of tickets.

The difference is that Stubhub hits the seller harder with fees. The other sites will often hit the buyer with fees that would make Ticketmaster blush.

Offline aurabender

• Numb
  • dressed up like a car crash
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2015, 11:02:19 PM »
Since they cant sell out all their existing dates, i would wait.