Author Topic: Song of Experience to be Released Early 2015  (Read 14441 times)

smee

Re: Song of Experience to be Released Early 2015
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2014, 09:35:58 AM »
Why call the tour Innocence and Experience Tour if they have no songs from SoE to play. I predict an album prior to tour kick off

Offline wildgirl

• Wanderer
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2014, 09:51:07 AM »
Maybe SOE was petty much ready before launching SOI and they said 70% just to lower expectations. Maybe both albums were already completed and it is all part of a larger plan. Just my 2 cents. We will see.

Offline Siberian Tiger

• Child of Grace
  • There is no them, there's only us
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2014, 10:43:05 AM »
Songs of Experience: Feb-Mar 2015.
Songs of Ascent: Feb-Mar 2016.
Stadium tour with a new name in 2016.

Offline tommyboy6913

• Refugee
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2014, 10:50:35 AM »
My guess is that SOE will be out in March of 2015.

Offline Parsons

• Child of Grace
  • I've seen love conquer the great divide.
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2014, 02:05:51 PM »
I hope U2 will release the next two records SOE,and SOA rapidly in spite of the general populace' s lack of interest and the media's unwarranted disdain for the band and their music.
Unfortunately without a shadow of a doubt I see all this as the final trilogy of my all time favorite band but I believe they will go out with a bang and not a whimper.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 02:24:32 PM by Parsons »

Offline PowerSurge

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Hello Hello
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2014, 04:55:59 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Why call the tour Innocence and Experience Tour if they have no songs from SoE to play. I predict an album prior to tour kick off

Agreed.

Its easy to forget that the power of the album is long gone; its all about singles. SOI is a really solid ALBUM, but doesn't really have any stand out SINGLES. If they feel that SOE has some more stand out singles, then it would only make sense to release it pre tour. This isn't 1993 anymore. Bands don't have the luxury to slowly spit out 4-5 singles over the course of a year or so to promote album sales....its one and done these days. It doesn't surprise me the least bit that they would consider flooding the market with music at a moment when people still kind of give a $#!t about the band; good or bad.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2014, 04:58:07 PM »
They should just continue to do what they did on the 360 which is record, tour, promote and when its done its done.

Offline The Edges Cat

• Desert Rose
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2014, 05:13:33 PM »
I'm confident SoE will be out early next year. With SoI's promotion disrupted by Bono's injury I don't think U2 will want to play catch up with that, they'll jump to the next phase and won't look back. They've seemed fairly blasé about releasing a single, too, which might mean they'll push one heavily next month and then segue from that to SoE. We've heard from the band and others they plan to release SoE fairly quickly anyway, a one-two punch.

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2014, 05:35:57 PM »
Just a theory, but they may have decided to call it the I&E tour rather than just the Innocence tour in anticipation of the full blown stadium tour in 2016/17(with the album coming out near the end of 2015) which will be more extensive.  Remember this is just a limited run of just 19 cities, (9 in North America, an 10 in Europe).  Hardly a tour in terms of U2 standards.  The stadium tour will be playing to much more cities that were missed and even revisiting cities already been to, probably similar to the 360 tour schedule of the cities played.  If they named it the Innocence Tour then they would have to rename it in 2016 to the I&E tour.  This way also all the gross sales will come under one tour rather than two if they had to rename it, which they might have been thinking of if they were somehow considering breaking the 360 tour record which doing it this way just might be possible maybe making it the first billion dollar tour?  Knowing U2, they are probably thinking of this.  Also, it might be possible they might release SOE just before the Dublin shows which haven't been announced yet.  They did say the were planning something special for these shows.  We will wait and see.  However, they might play one or two teasers from SOE on the 2015 tour just to give us a taste.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 06:31:07 PM by boom boom »

Offline MASTER YODA

• Staring at the Sun
  • Patriots 2017!!!
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2014, 09:08:20 PM »
^^^agreed. We got plenty of time

Offline Parsons

• Child of Grace
  • I've seen love conquer the great divide.
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2014, 09:27:31 PM »
Just a theory, but they may have decided to call it the I&E tour rather than just the Innocence tour in anticipation of the full blown stadium tour in 2016/17(with the album coming out near the end of 2015) which will be more extensive.  Remember this is just a limited run of just 19 cities, (9 in North America, an 10 in Europe).  Hardly a tour in terms of U2 standards.  The stadium tour will be playing to much more cities that were missed and even revisiting cities already been to, probably similar to the 360 tour schedule of the cities played.  If they named it the Innocence Tour then they would have to rename it in 2016 to the I&E tour.  This way also all the gross sales will come under one tour rather than two if they had to rename it, which they might have been thinking of if they were somehow considering breaking the 360 tour record which doing it this way just might be possible maybe making it the first billion dollar tour?  Knowing U2, they are probably thinking of this.  Also, it might be possible they might release SOE just before the Dublin shows which haven't been announced yet.  They did say the were planning something special for these shows.  We will wait and see.  However, they might play one or two teasers from SOE on the 2015 tour just to give us a taste.
It all sounds good but will they find enough people to fill stadiums after all their having trouble selling tickets in some areas now  ?

Offline DulmoU2

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2014, 10:13:23 PM »
They might do what they did on the back half of 360 and give us unreleased SOE songs on the early legs, then release SOE for the holiday season in 2015....then in 2016 a stadium tour with SOE material included....

Probable...

Offline Pocket Merlin

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2014, 12:07:58 AM »
Bands don't have the luxury to slowly spit out 4-5 singles over the course of a year or so to promote album sales....its one and done these days.

OneRepublic seems to be pretty good at it. Maybe Ryan Tedder can share with U2 the secret of making it happen, ha ha.

Offline markt

• Refugee
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2014, 04:08:03 AM »
They can also do a show having fun playing around with "idea" of experience without releasing SoE... they have a massive back catalogue of songs that could represent experience.

I don't see the hard dependency between the name of the tour and SoE being released before it can start. I agree with the comments above that the whole tour is called Innocence and Experience which encompasses a 2016 stadium tour.  I think it's more likely SoE will come out late 2015 to drive 2016 ticket sales.

I have to admit one thing though... if they don't play any SoI songs during the "experience" arena shows then it means those shows wouldn't contain any new material which seems odd.  Unless they play them before SoE is released.  Dunno what to think really :-)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 04:19:06 AM by markt »

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2014, 06:26:08 AM »
It all sounds good but will they find enough people to fill stadiums after all their having trouble selling tickets in some areas now  ?
Agreed, the prices for the stadium tour will have to come down.  There will probably be more price levels at more reasonable ranges and probably drop the 300 dollars to at least what they were charging on 360 tour which was $250 for the top price, maybe even lower it to $220.