Author Topic: tearingdownwalls  (Read 6809 times)

Offline tearingdownwalls

• Stranger in a Strange Land
  • makin music in montreal
tearingdownwalls
« on: February 24, 2009, 11:13:11 AM »
Hello All! I am a musician/singer/songwriter...mostly retired now. Just do the occasional gig. Perform storytelling in Montreal, travel a bit, write ..a LOT!! Hahaha. Also counsel, homeless, prisoners, street youth. Old hippie, biker chick..Old..Still alive, hahah! Bonus!

I'm from New Orleans, lived in Canada 30 years, love it. Huge U2 fan from forever. Dont do forums much but this is Great!

Joshua Tree was a revelation for me. Still gives me chills. Charts my soul, in some ways. Where the streets have no name..the best, for me.

Love the Band, respect them. Adore Larry, and Bono and Edge's HUGE HEART for the downtrodden. Deep admiration there.

Well, I'm Cherokee and Irish, American born. Proud of an Irish band that rules! Stirs my Celtic Soul!

Hope to get to know some of ya.

Cheers! ...tearing down walls
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 11:40:44 AM by tearingdownwalls »

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
Re: tearingdownwalls
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 11:57:14 AM »
Welcome to the forum!

Offline julesport

• Holy Joe
  • Free yourself to be yourself...
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 12:47:57 PM »
Hi Tearingdownthewalls......Welcome to the forum....Seems like you have lead a full life!!

luieu2

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 01:08:44 PM »
hi :D

Offline NOLA Fly

• Staring at the Sun
  • Feel like trash, You make me feel clean...
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 02:11:12 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  Always good to meet new fans (U2 and Springsteen alike).  I am of Irish descent, as well, with some other things thrown in for good measure.  My wife and I are taking a trip this year to Ireland.  We were supposed to go there for our honeymoon, but Katrina wrecked those plans.  It's taken over three years, but we're finally getting to go.  We're pumped.  Wow, Canada.  Talk about a climate change to overcome.  It was in the 40's here the other day and I was freezing.  I'm originally from a town called Walker outside of Baton Rouge.  I met my wife, who is also from Kenner, in college at SLU in Hammond, and we live down here now.  I play a little guitar, just enough for me to enjoy.  I hope that everything goes well with your retirement.  It sounds like you're keeping busy.  Nobody's busy around here with Mardi Gras.  My wife is at one of the parades now.  I've been to a couple over the past two days and took today off to lounge around the house.  Well, I look forward to seeing you on the forum.  Have a great day.  Happy Mardi Gras.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 02:11:36 PM »
Welcome tearingdownwalls!!! You sound like such an interesting person. I am looking forward to chatting with you.  Oh and check out the Poetry Corner Thread. I have a hunch you might like that one. You remind me of our friend Sunflower Gypsy!  I really think you will like chatting with her!!! Check her out.  ;)

Offline GYPSY Girl

• Elevated
  • Soul Of A Gypsy
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 05:22:02 PM »
Hi tdw..this is ya old friend Gypsy from hisgoldeneyes.com forum. Glad to see ya made over here. ttys Gypsy

Offline Starguitar

• Desert Rose
  • Thanks U2 & the 360 tour for the best night ever.
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 08:02:29 PM »
Hey! Cool name by the way.  :)

Offline Popman

• Wanderer
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 12:32:16 AM »
Welcome to the forum! ;)