Author Topic: Vertigo vs. Innocence prices  (Read 697 times)

Offline achtung child

• Headache in a Suitcase
Vertigo vs. Innocence prices
« on: January 04, 2015, 08:43:16 AM »
Just outta curiosity, how do the prices compare?  Were they cheaper during Vertigo, or the same?  I had lower level seating that time and forgot how much I paid.  Does anybody recall the specific seating chart prices in the US for Vertigo?

MrAC

Re: Vertigo vs. Innocence prices
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 09:54:21 AM »
I've been looking for a Vertigo seating chart as well, mainly to see which end of the arena the stage was at. I can't find anything, kinda weird considering how big of a tour Vertigo was.

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 04:58:56 PM »
This matches with what I remembered from back then:

"Conservative estimates put the Vertigo tour's gross potential at $225 ... Ticket prices will average $90, with $49.50 at the low end and $165 at the high end."
From You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I had $50 seats behind the band in Charlotte

Offline peggy2ten

• Stateless
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 05:47:09 PM »
Found several old TM emails in my inbox.  Paid $ 176.80 with fees for lower level seat in Miami.  GA in Washinton was $64 with fees.

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 06:01:53 PM »
Generally speaking, I think the highest price seats nearly doubled and the higher price range crept into more of the seating.  There were fewer cheap seats this time around and I'm guessing fewer GA's, considering the stage designs. There were more Red Zone/VIP seats this time around....probably trying to make up for cheap GA's and upper deck seating.

Any direct comparisons would have to factor in the inflation rate over the last decade, which is probably 2-3% per year. 

I think it's a bit high, even considering the market, inflation, etc.   It shouldn't cost nearly $1000 (for the best seats) for someone to take a date to a rock concert.  I know you can get cheaper seats or GA but those are in the highest demand and difficult to get.  I know a few people who feel a bit uneasy about what they shelled out for tickets (of course, it's a choice).  I'm sure the guilt will be fully gone by concert time.

Maybe next tour, TM should implement a payment plan option.