Author Topic: I have been banned form liking U2!  (Read 7378 times)

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
  • she's the wave,she turns the Tide
Re: I have been banned form liking U2!
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2009, 07:10:13 PM »
Dark Angel
The only reason I can think of for your parents behavior ( being one myself)-- How's your homework?  Hmmmm?!!
Just kidding..... :D

Offline Starguitar

• Desert Rose
  • Thanks U2 & the 360 tour for the best night ever.
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2009, 07:56:21 PM »
Eh, DA, parents seems to just have those stages at time if you will where they get really touchy about what you're doing. Not all parents, but some. My mom hates U2 because of how I like them. Apparently "too much", but I keep listening. I've got the support of my dad to a certain extent which helps. My dad sees rock music in me as if it's inspired enough in me to pick up piano and guitar as well as flute to learn, so it's not all bad.  :)

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2009, 03:44:37 AM »
*Update*

Thanks for all wonderfull advice and I really appreciate it.  I told them how mush I would be missed on here and how much you guys all mean to me. My parents said to me this moning that they are ok with it they where just very tired last night and took all their frustration out on me :-\ . Anyway the good news is I can still come on here! the bad news I cant talk about them (very oftern) in the real world (ie the human world) So I guess it is all ok now!

Angel xxx

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2009, 03:56:15 AM »
*Takes down notice sign*

Please don't scare us like that again  :D :)

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2009, 04:01:02 AM »
awww I promise I won't  :-*

Offline Malachi

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Is in cyberspace
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2009, 05:21:05 AM »
Just a thought Dark angel. As you make your way into the big wide of other band's and people( crazy I know) ;D world alway's remember that.

U2 are better than that coldplay! ;D 8)

Always!

Mal
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 05:24:21 AM by malachi »

Offline julesport

• Holy Joe
  • Free yourself to be yourself...
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2009, 07:57:08 AM »
Welcome back Angel!!! ;D

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2009, 07:58:16 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Welcome back Angel!!! ;D

Hip Hip hooray - our Angel is back!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2009, 10:54:34 AM »
Aw dear... let a 34 year old gal give you some advice.

I have always been obsessed with SOMETHING for as long as I can remember.  The first thing I remember was the Detroit Tigers (yes... I had every baseball card of them I could get).  This was about the age of 12.  Then, I found music, and from the age of 16-19 I loved all the bands that came out of Manchester, so much so that I went to England twice when I was 17 & 19, had the time of my life.  When I was 17, I met Noel Gallagher as he was working for one of the bands I liked at the time.  Then, everything went crazy over Oasis.  I "grew up", got married, bought a house, have a career... but I never hurt anyone in all this, made lots of friends because of it, and actually ended up marrying an Oasis fan.  When I look back at all the friends and people I've known over the years, all my best ones have been someone who also liked what I like.  It shaped me as a person and the things I like are now just part of who I am.  I go to work every day and am a responsible adult, but when I like to have fun and let loose, I have my music.  In fact, I find when I'm working too hard I have to do that MORE sometimes just to keep myself from stressing out too much.

My mother always just watched and wondered, but she was always supportive of the trips I took all over in the early 20s to see Oasis play everywhere.  Even to this day I am taking trips to North Carolina on a yearly basis to watch my NFL team play and seeing all my friends I met because of them.  I also missed out on seeing Oasis from the years of 2000-2008, but rest assured a few 30-somethings jumped into a car in late August of 2008 and drove to 3 prairie cities in 4 days to see them play when they finally came within a 7 hour car ride of where I live for the first time ever.  We had the time of our lives that weekend and partied like we were 19 again :)

So, hang in there... my ma had moments of annoyance as well, but you've gotta have something outside of the daily responsibilities of life to just "take you away".  And if you're not lying in the street jobless with a heroin needle in your arm HUMMING U2 because you don't have an Ipod or a plug to charge it with, it's all good :)

Offline Got U2

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • High People ! !
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2009, 03:58:33 PM »

But, I have a feeling DarkAngel will resurface sooner than you think.  ;)

soon is right, a matter of Hours and DA has returned.

Addictions can last a life time ! !

Offline ElJayVee

• Airborne Ranger
  • Love is clockworks and cold steel
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2009, 04:27:46 PM »
DarkAngel, I'm with StrongGirl - old enough to be your mom with kids of my own.  The reverse is true in my house - I'm the one here and my husband worries that I'm obsessed.  I guess I have an obsessive personality.  I know being here gets in the way of other stuff I should be doing, but it's way too much fun!

Glad your parents are okay with your being here from time to time.

BTW, I've gone from refugee to Original of the Species in about 2 weeks.  I expect to be a Mofo before the album is released!

Offline achtungespresso

• Running to Stand Still
  • I found grace, it's all that I found
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2009, 07:36:06 PM »
I'm so sorry DarkAngel! My parents don't know that I'm on here---they know I "like" U2 and "know some stuff about them," but I treat it just like I would for any other band. Of course the opposite is true, but they don't know. I'd say just lay low (even though they said they were taking frustration out on you). Know that you can come here anytime you want to indulge your obsession  :D

Offline Thehorsefly [whinny!]

• Desert Rose
  • Nobody gonna feel no pain,Nobody gonna cry someday
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2009, 07:50:18 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so sorry!!!! I'd get so mad!!!!!

shockdocta22

« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2009, 07:54:29 PM »

That is why no one knows  MUAHAHAHAHA ;D ::)

Offline ABloodRedSky

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • We're sorry, we're closed for lunch.
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2009, 08:01:28 PM »

That is why no one knows  MUAHAHAHAHA ;D ::)

Everyone is so nice here =D With the exception of um...that...guy. J. Who hasn't been on in a while.

Whoo.