Author Topic: SHARON OSBOURNE Felt 'Terrible' For Slamming U2 Over Album Giveaway Read more at  (Read 5795 times)

Offline wildgirl

• Wanderer
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

How classy from U2! And this is how you turn hate around...

smee

U2 ooze class. The ONLY time i felt they let themselves down, was back in about 93....and the whole Phil Collins thing. Im sure tho, it wasnt meant as nasty. I coulda kicked their asses that time!!

Online u2live

• Intellectual Tortoise
but of course the apology won't get the attention her scathing remarks got................ damage done

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
Class over sass, and ugly sass at that. Love these guys more and more. How is this possible? Only U2!

Offline wik73

• Numb
Love this.

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
Love how she uses the excuse of "It's just business".

It's wasn't business, it was personal: "U2, you are business moguls, not musicians anymore. No wonder you have to give your mediocre music away for free 'cause no one wants to buy it."

Sharon used to be quite the music manager but she's lost her credibility over the years. U2 took the high road, good for them.

Offline JHook

• Numb
  • Your voice was all I heard.
All of this from a woman who most people only recognize from a reality show. How much good music has Ozzy put out lately? I'm sorry, I'd love to be as classy and forgiving as U2 but I'm a mere mortal. She's a horrible person. She only jumped on the "U2 is evil" bandwagon because no one was paying any attention to her for five minutes.

Online u2live

• Intellectual Tortoise
yep, damage done already

Online u2live

• Intellectual Tortoise
U2 has taken a beating in the US media deserved or not it's hurt the band ....... I guess they can keep promoting the meaningless music that comes out that country instead. 

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
U2 ooze class. The ONLY time i felt they let themselves down, was back in about 93....and the whole Phil Collins thing. Im sure tho, it wasnt meant as nasty. I coulda kicked their asses that time!!

Yep. That's about the only time I've ever been embarrassed to be a U2 fan. And the video is still just as cringeworthy now.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
Uhhhm, not sure about that one. If an artist falls into stalehood or predictably I feel that comments such as that in the Dublin pub are acceptable.

Offline achtungx

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Lillywhite Called Me a Naughty British Slang Word

Yep. That's about the only time I've ever been embarrassed to be a U2 fan. And the video is still just as cringeworthy now.

Hate to say it, but my 16 year old self loved that moment. :) Collins just seemed so "last decade" at the time, sort of like U2 would've most likely come across at the time if they had released "Joshua Tree II: Electric Bugaloo" instead of Achtung Baby. Not saying that I didn't own "We Can't Dance," but it wasn't really cutting edge in the rock world.

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)

That's one reason not to mix alcohol and award shows. Watching Rickie Gervais on the Golden Globes reminded me of that.  Granted, sometimes it's hysterical, but not always.

surit87

That Phil Collins thing was friendly banter and nothing more, don't make such a big deal out of it.

Offline JHook

• Numb
  • Your voice was all I heard.
I'm sure Phil is over it now.