Author Topic: SHARON OSBOURNE Felt 'Terrible' For Slamming U2 Over Album Giveaway Read more at  (Read 5798 times)

hrsan

I wonder if she feels terrible about what she did to Jake E. Lee, Bob Daisley, Lee Kerslake, Iron Maiden, Leah Remini, and God knows how many others.

smee

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm sure Phil is over it now.
It dont escape the fact, that at the time...as much as i was heavily into the band...i thought they came across as big headed twats.

Offline MissSarajevo

• Party Girl/Boy
I'm sure Phil is over it now.
It dont escape the fact, that at the time...as much as i was heavily into the band...i thought they came across as big headed twats.

True
 I actually don't remember the band publicly mocking anybody before or after that

Offline Mary C

• Headache in a Suitcase
Okay, as great as my personal stock of U2 trivia is, I seem to have forgotten this one. What was the Phil Collins thing about?

Offline rcamu2

• Headache in a Suitcase
it's on YouTube. a drunk U2 mocking phil collins. really no big deal.

Offline Johnny_Mac12

• Refugee
Okay, as great as my personal stock of U2 trivia is, I seem to have forgotten this one. What was the Phil Collins thing about?
During some award show in the early nineties, the band was shown in a bar (presumably live) because they couldn't be there. Bono pretended to call Phil and tell him that he could open for the band. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about any of that.

meximofo

I frankly see that as just tongue-in-cheek, nothing too serious.

Offline ZooClothes

• Precious Stone
  • This is where you can reach me now.
Scripted on both ends.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
Scripted on both ends.

Pretty much. No harm and all in good fun. They were in a pub at 1:30 in the am and they're Irish! This is just what they and the awards show wanted. Was Phil actually publicly upset about it?

surit87

Back to the topic: If there's something Sharon should feel terrible about then it should be her notorious attack on Iron Maiden and her personal vendetta on frontman Bruce Dickinson. Badmouthing other musicians are pardonable but having an audience pelt eggs on a band in a rock show is just taking things to the disturbing extreme.

Offline Vox

• Running to Stand Still
  • Time is irrelevant, it's not linear.
I watched it live and on You Tube in the recent years.  I didn't think it was serious then or now.  I love this version of U2.  At the end the bartender says "I'm not that old..."  LOL. 

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
Posts have been removed. As a reminder, we don't allow personal attacks in the forum. If you can't disagree maturely, please don't post anything.

Carry on.

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
Can I point out that it was actually big of Sharon Osbourne to apologize?

meximofo

Nice gesture indeed, but it didn't feel like an apology. She only felt terrible against U2's "uber-class", like a slap with a white glove.  A proper apology could've been something along the lines "I stand by my opinions, but the harsh words and personal attacks against U2 were uncalled for and for that, I'm sorry", but that would've been too much for her ego.

Offline rcamu2

• Headache in a Suitcase

meaningless empty words from a scumbag source who cheated band members out of royalties, has she apologized to them or paid them what they are owed ?

she's still a (insert taboo word here)