Author Topic: U2 Boston Meet Up!  (Read 4456 times)

Offline joepit

• Stranger in a Strange Land
U2 Boston Meet Up!
« on: January 15, 2015, 08:20:14 AM »
As U2 and Boston collide on July 10th, U2 fans are invited to The Harp, one of Boston's best watering holes, directly across the street from the TD Garden.  Our meet up will begin at 4:00 PM.  Come on down to The Harp to meet other U2 fanatics and me, U2radio.com blogger Joe from a Cup of Joe series.  Look forward to seeing you there.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
Re: U2 Boston Meet Up!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 08:54:36 PM »
Nice, I'll be there the 14th and 15th, and I know some other fans going for the first round of shows.

Offline 2HeartsBoston

• Wanderer
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 08:12:55 AM »
I'm looking forward to the shows, and The Harp*
Perhaps they* will hire the local tribute  band Joshua Tree they do a good job.
More thank likely there will be a radio broadcast live (WZLX )from The Harp as well.
Remember radio ...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 08:17:05 AM by 2HeartsBoston »

Offline TommyNJ45

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 07:02:18 PM »
Driving up from NJ for the 7/11 show. Never been to the Harp. Looking forward to it.

Offline redlight30

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 04:04:03 PM »
Hopefully will be there the 15th.  Does anyone know on the TD seat plan what end the main stage is located?  Trying to get 50th Bday tickets for wife and would like to be as close to main stage as possible.  thanks in advance.

Offline 2HeartsBoston

• Wanderer
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 12:04:36 PM »
Th Harp is the place for those interested the place with the most space, typical pub food and cold beer at reasonable prices.Its located opposite the main entrance to the Garden.It's a very popular spot.On Backstreets (Springsteen fansite) I've organized pre show Parties for a Cause prior there with 7 bucks going to The Greater Boston Foodbank.I contact the GBFB and get a link to their website, and start a list on a thread called;Pre Show Party for a Cause.Bruce & ESB last area show we raised enough $$ to feed over 2,400 people a meal. I know the Harp Mngr would gladly dedicate space,and a cut in wait line for a Pre Show Party for a Cause, at no cost!! Remember donations go directly to Foodbank online. If interested I'm thinking perhaps Friday or Saturday show. I actually have tickets for Tues & Wens love the last night! Please post if interested and what night,also how many in your group.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 03:24:23 PM by 2HeartsBoston »

Offline EMO

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 08:35:43 PM »
Will be in town for Tues and Weds shows.....city of blinding lights

Offline 2HeartsBoston

• Wanderer
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 09:06:40 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Will be in town for Tues and Weds shows.....city of blinding lights
Welcome to the thread of Boston meet ups
I think their is also a place here where you can introduce your virtual self ..
Anyhow we will see if this meet up idea takes off / I know I will be at The Harp Tues & Wens pre show

Offline DanielCT

• Stateless
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 09:00:21 PM »
I'll swing by the Harp before the show on the 14th -

Offline JohnInAthens

• Refugee
  • atU2 Staff - Venue Archaeologist
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2015, 07:10:33 AM »
It'll be a pint (at least) at the Harp before Boston 1, then!

See y'all there!

Offline DanielCT

• Stateless
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2015, 11:45:43 AM »
FYI - for those of you have never been to The Harp, I popped in there this past Tuesday for a drink before the Rush show at the Garden. Pretty nice place, comfortable, not wall to wall people like some places can be. Should be a nice meet up spot. Boston traffic is another story - I'll take rush hour Manhattan any day over Boston.

Offline 2HeartsBoston

• Wanderer
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 07:52:25 AM »
FYI - for those of you have never been to The Harp, I popped in there this past Tuesday for a drink before the Rush show at the Garden. Pretty nice place, comfortable, not wall to wall people like some places can be. Should be a nice meet up spot. Boston traffic is another story - I'll take rush hour Manhattan any day over Boston.
Too funny I did the exact same. Liked the Rush concert as well! while I was there the mngr told me he has booked our local U2 cover band Joshua Tree for all 4 nights prior and will play after on both weekend nights.They are talented and fun.

Offline 2HeartsBoston

• Wanderer
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2015, 08:00:14 AM »
As U2 and Boston collide on July 10th, U2 fans are invited to The Harp, one of Boston's best watering holes, directly across the street from the TD Garden.  Our meet up will begin at 4:00 PM.  Come on down to The Harp to meet other U2 fanatics and me, U2radio.com blogger Joe from a Cup of Joe series.  Look forward to seeing you there.
As mentioned above it is a big place ( 2 levels ) .. Without a designated meet up spot inside most likely a meet up will not occur...
That is why above I was indicating if people want to say hello it needs to be a bit organized
I can get permission to put up,a sign inside there, my suggestion meet at the end of the back bar / main level specifically close to the window.
If more than 10 ( include guests ) put their names down for any of the 4 nights here I will put a sign there / also they will not have to wait in line. as All area bars will have lines after 5 here's the good news they serve decent pub food and you will spend a lot less than at The GAHDen.

Offline DanielCT

• Stateless
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2015, 07:47:36 PM »
As mentioned above it is a big place ( 2 levels ) .. Without a designated meet up spot inside most likely a meet up will not occur...
That is why above I was indicating if people want to say hello it needs to be a bit organized
I can get permission to put up,a sign inside there, my suggestion meet at the end of the back bar / main level specifically close to the window.
If more than 10 ( include guests ) put their names down for any of the 4 nights here I will put a sign there / also they will not have to wait in line. as All area bars will have lines after 5 here's the good news they serve decent pub food and you will spend a lot less than at The GAHDen.

That sounds like a great idea - there will be 3 of us coming to the show on the 14th. Not sure if I can do any of the other Boston shows.

Offline magnificent1

• Babyface
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2015, 12:24:17 PM »
Great idea!! Me (Denise) and my friend Tracey will be at the Harp by 3:30 or 4:00 on the 14th. Thanks for organizing and putting up a sign marking where to meet. Hope to see some of you there. Enjoy the Boston shows everyone!!!!! ;D ;D