Author Topic: U2 Boston Meet Up!  (Read 4450 times)

Offline shorne

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Two crap albums in a row and we're done...
Re: U2 Boston Meet Up!
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2015, 04:42:16 AM »
I'm coming down from Ottawa Canada... for the 14th and 15th shows... newly single and have two singles available for cool fans... looking forward to hanging with Boston U2 fans.  Anyone want to play tourist with me?

Offline shorne

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2015, 06:21:01 PM »
I will be t the harp! 14th and 15th! Coming down from Ottawa, Canada.

Offline DanielCT

• Stateless
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2015, 06:33:01 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I will be t the harp! 14th and 15th! Coming down from Ottawa, Canada.

Sounds good - hope to see you there on the 14th.

Offline 2HeartsBoston

• Wanderer
Re: U2 Boston Meet Up! U2 are on the Streets of Boston already
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2015, 11:32:00 AM »
Confirmed out and about of course enjoying the City of Boston
Regarding the meet up at The Harp looks due to the Posting of the Mod breaking each date out for meet ups did not allow for a general roll all sign up. As a result I will not be troubling the mngr of the Harp to put up a sign on all 4 Nights at the back bar near the glass. I will put it up on Tues & Wens. All are of course welcome to the Harp and enjoy cold beer at reasonable prices as well as local cover band Joshua Tree playing after Fri/ Sat playing prior & after. playing only prior Tues / Wens.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 12:19:45 PM by 2HeartsBoston »

Offline gatork

• Babyface
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2015, 07:27:35 PM »
Great see everyone Friday and Saturday before show.
Kevin

Offline DanielCT

• Stateless
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2015, 06:01:58 AM »
See you all later today at the Harp. I'll be there with a couple of friends from upstate NY. I'll have on my Outside Broadcast tour shirt and my jean shorts so say hi if you want -

Offline shorne

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2015, 08:36:50 AM »
if anyone you know wants a single, bring them by I have one loge15 second level I think.  happy to part at face value.  text me at 8199214246

Offline Lloyddoblersboombox

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2015, 02:26:05 PM »
Anything going in for tonight's 7/14 show?

Offline shorne

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2015, 02:48:47 PM »
at the harp... by the window who's here?

Offline 2HeartsBoston

• Wanderer
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2015, 01:38:43 PM »
See you all later today at the Harp. I'll be there with a couple of friends from upstate NY. I'll have on my Outside Broadcast tour shirt and my jean shorts so say hi if you want -
Hey Dan
Sorry to miss you and your Son. My Son and I took a late dinner at Kinsale dropped in for a quick beer and headed over to GA at 7:30
What did you think of Joshua Tree cover band?
Moreover the show?
Enjoy MSG !!
Ive got the Finale tonight 4th straight show, a little much perhaps but dammit I love this Band Indoors so I made the most of it!
Mike

Offline shorne

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2015, 06:59:58 AM »
Had an awesome time in Boston!  Thanks everyone... I write this as I'm bout to crawl out of bed in Gatineau Quebec... I loved Boston and will definitely be back... s much to do and see there and I only scratched the surface.

Offline DanielCT

• Stateless
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2015, 09:33:46 AM »
Hey Dan
Sorry to miss you and your Son. My Son and I took a late dinner at Kinsale dropped in for a quick beer and headed over to GA at 7:30
What did you think of Joshua Tree cover band?
Moreover the show?
Enjoy MSG !!
Ive got the Finale tonight 4th straight show, a little much perhaps but dammit I love this Band Indoors so I made the most of it!
Mike

I never saw the tribute band. I stopped in for a few minutes before my friends arrived - once they got in they wanted to go get pizza at the place down the block so we went in there. Funnily enough all three of us got carded twice in the time we were in Boston - once at the pizza place and once in the Garden. We're all in our mid forties so I guess it was a nice surprise to be carded. At least we didn't have the troubles Edge had in not having his id with him.

The show was fantastic, as expected. My highlights were Cedarwood Road and The Crystal Ballroom. We had seats way up in the upper deck but still had a great view and were surrounded by great people.

MSG should be great, in particular the final show. MSG is doing wristbands so I won't have to stand out there sweating my ass off all day long to get a decent GA spot.

Offline JohnInAthens

• Refugee
  • atU2 Staff - Venue Archaeologist
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2015, 10:06:32 PM »
I was at the meet-up last Friday:

The Harp was PACKED with U2 fans! It was awesome! The playlist was a perfect primer for the concert!

Well done to the organizers!