Author Topic: Limited view sections in Boston TD Garden?  (Read 1607 times)

Offline tokeloc

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Limited view sections in Boston TD Garden?
« on: January 20, 2015, 05:39:09 AM »
Hello, hello....our tickets to the Boston shows, section loge 8, rows 25 & 26 say "limited view".  Does anyone know how "limited" that really is?  The view from the Garden's own interactive seat viewer looks clear, so perhaps it has something to do with U2's unique staging?  Many thanks!

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
Re: Limited view sections in Boston TD Garden?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 07:04:31 AM »
No, sorry. But it's a real annoyance of mine that the band can/may be configuring a show taking place in an arena that has restricted or limited views. Will almost certainly be production and stage equipment which if they put up a normal end stage production would be behind the stage and blocking nobodies view.

They would also have a bigger floor capacity for standing, meaning more cheaper tickets and a better floor atmosphere with one big mass of humanity, ok they wouldn't be able to sell seats at one end but lets face it they don't need the money...

A case like 360 of trying to be too clever/poorly executed idea? I guess we'll see. The last 'n the round' type attempt failed for me hopefully they learn and get it right this time, it has been done before pretty well so should be possible. Metallica  seemed to nail it in an arena with a very full floor of fans surrounding them too.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 07:08:55 AM by an tha »

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
Re: Limited view sections in Boston TD Garden?
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 01:58:42 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
No, sorry. But it's a real annoyance of mine that the band can/may be configuring a show taking place in an arena that has restricted or limited views. Will almost certainly be production and stage equipment which if they put up a normal end stage production would be behind the stage and blocking nobodies view.

They would also have a bigger floor capacity for standing, meaning more cheaper tickets and a better floor atmosphere with one big mass of humanity, ok they wouldn't be able to sell seats at one end but lets face it they don't need the money...

A case like 360 of trying to be too clever/poorly executed idea? I guess we'll see. The last 'n the round' type attempt failed for me hopefully they learn and get it right this time, it has been done before pretty well so should be possible. Metallica  seemed to nail it in an arena with a very full floor of fans surrounding them too.

Yes, and it looks like the Foo Fighters have done a great job with the in-the-round approach...