Author Topic: ** I&E Tour Stage CONFIRMED **  (Read 49913 times)

Waffles

Re: ** I&E Tour Stage CONFIRMED **
« Reply #150 on: March 02, 2015, 09:08:54 PM »
There's actually a cool phone app called wham city lights. It synchronizes all phones to have same color, pattern, etc. many performers have started using it

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
« Reply #151 on: March 02, 2015, 10:04:23 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
What if U2 did a cool syncronized light show using wristbands sort of like all of the lights in the Invisible video or the bands at this Coldplay concert You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ?
Then it wouldn't be cool.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #152 on: March 02, 2015, 11:53:14 PM »
What if U2 did a cool syncronized light show using wristbands sort of like all of the lights in the Invisible video or the bands at this Coldplay concert You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ?

We were excited for the wristbands at our first ever Coldplay concert on MX. It was fun, but not as wow as you'd think and cost the band lots of $ I heard. I'd rather they go into the crowd more like they did for Speed of Sound w/ the portable piano. ;)

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #153 on: March 03, 2015, 12:55:58 AM »
Anything that encourages people to get their phones out at a gig should be deemed a bad idea!

Things already ruin atmosphere and some of the experience

Offline bp0105

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #154 on: March 09, 2015, 05:05:34 AM »
Hi Bonzo!

Does this setting match the video you are talking about ?

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline J_Rock321

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Hiiipower
« Reply #155 on: March 09, 2015, 05:58:29 AM »
Here's a translation

Offline bp0105

« Reply #156 on: March 09, 2015, 06:44:48 AM »
Yes, this was the stage set up shown in the interactive presentation on U2.com, with the screen above the whole stage... the other map on the link is totally new.

Do you know what the article is about?

I wrote the article. Nothing official in it, I just tried to imagine what the scene could look like. Your story about this video helped me to do it.

The second map is from my imagination : I thought the tour logo looked like a stage and I tried to render it on a map.

Waffles

« Reply #157 on: March 09, 2015, 12:26:55 PM »
For me, San Jose is the most legit. It is the most detailed and matches the Tour logo. Having a circle at the end makes sense for acoustic songs (breaking wave, stuck in a moment, staring at the sun). Having the back/main stage area is more likely to happen as edges and Adams Amps won't be in the way of a dead centered stage. Not sure why they wouldn't use a 360 degree screen inside an arena where it's easily doable

Waffles

« Reply #158 on: March 10, 2015, 10:29:52 PM »
The tour logo shows what the stage is in the middle of the floor. Also the "I" is where I believe orchestra and edge/lady's amps will be. In reality, San jose and your drawing aren't much different. One just gives more room for equipment. However, I do believe, the "e" will be used as a b stage even though it isn't called one.

Offline u2CanHappenToAnyone

• Stateless
« Reply #159 on: March 11, 2015, 06:19:34 AM »
The tour logo shows what the stage is in the middle of the floor. Also the "I" is where I believe orchestra and edge/lady's amps will be. In reality, San jose and your drawing aren't much different. One just gives more room for equipment. However, I do believe, the "e" will be used as a b stage even though it isn't called one.

wow. if the stage design really is the same as the tour logo ... well, that'll be brilliant.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
« Reply #160 on: March 11, 2015, 09:45:06 AM »
Is anyone else sensing a new excitement? Maybe mine is because I just purchased my back up plan final goal for tickets - for now and until Dublin is announced.

We've had dribs and drabs of news fairly regularly the last few weeks. I was getting excited once the new EBW short film dropped.

ANTICIPATION!!

Offline gerberdfw

« Reply #161 on: May 06, 2015, 11:11:43 AM »
double sided screen could be very creative. Nine inch nails did a tour where the band performed inside the LED video screens.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
« Reply #162 on: May 06, 2015, 11:13:35 AM »
double sided screen could be very creative. Nine inch nails did a tour where the band performed inside the LED video screens.

Perhaps this plays into the purposely divided audience after intermission?