Author Topic: ** I&E Tour Stage CONFIRMED **  (Read 50100 times)

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
Re: ** I&E Tour Stage CONFIRMED **
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2015, 04:44:10 PM »
Yeah, there's no better version of "Bullet" anywhere. And it leads right into "Bad," if memory serves. You almost have to hear them both back-to-back.

meximofo

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2015, 04:46:53 PM »
It's Bad -> The First Time (snippet) -> Bullet  epic.
5 songs from Zooropa sang or at least snippeted!

Offline Sloanish

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2015, 05:25:51 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
U2Start have also confirmed the U2 Innocence & Experience Tour Presentation on U2.com via their Twitter feed.

They're just confirming that you said you something on U2.com.  Nobody has confirmed the main stage because the information you posted is most likely untrue.

Offline Sloanish

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2015, 05:38:13 PM »
U2Start have said they saw a power point style presentation which I did not see.

I have no reason to lie.

Not sure why you are doing this.  Actually I do, but it's just sad to bring up.  They just reported what you wrote verbatim.  They make no mention of power point.

"U2.com accidentally posted a presentation, which they then removed, with all details about the stage of the #U2ieTour"

meximofo

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2015, 05:44:59 PM »
Actually they did mention powerpoint, but it could be a semantics issue, using the term "powerpoint" for any type of presentation. I'm pretty sure they reported what Bonzo reported here first.

meximofo

« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2015, 05:51:36 PM »
Hold on Bonzo, I never implied that you were lying (why would you?). I was just clarifying the possible use of the word "powerpoint" in their tweet.

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2015, 05:56:02 PM »
Hold on Bonzo, I never implied that you were lying (why would you?). I was just clarifying the possible use of the word "powerpoint" in their tweet.
i think he was referring to Sloanish and a few others (not you) who basically called The Bonzo a liar....

Offline bbison

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2015, 09:43:52 PM »
The mini orchestra bit is frustrating.

Again, I really want to see U2 play. Not Bono and Edge plus mini orchestra.

Agreed. No thanks to Burt Bacharach mode. ELP tried it on their Works tour. Epic fail.
Is this rock & roll?!?!?

Did you actually see the Works show? Soldier Field '77 was petty damn otherworldly, though a full 70 person orchestra was a bit of overkill. Peter Gabriel used a smaller one on his New Blood tour, but that was more of a re-imagining of the songs than enhancement.

More recently, Rush had a 12 (??) member string section for the Clockwork angels portion of their last tour, I was astounded how well it worked. Definitely not Bacharachian!

Anyway, we can all think of a few U2 songs where this might work. Will they have to hide under the stage like the phantom keyboard player?

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2015, 10:40:27 PM »
Enough with the repeated accusations and personal attacks against the original poster.

Offline robgalloway

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2015, 12:50:39 AM »

Enough with the repeated accusations and personal attacks against the original poster.
+1

The amount of personal attacks/accusations on here is embarrassing... Remember the Dublin video shoot thread? ... It really is a bad advert for the site when people behave this way ... It also stops people like me from getting more involved

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2015, 07:46:25 AM »
Just saw this..

definitely shows the stage in the middle..

I saw that before, but now I'm looking at it closer. It's a HUGE area with a smaller STAGE in the middle. GA Floor is clearly NOT part of that larger rectangle. Hmmmm...

Offline u2edy

• Babyface
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2015, 08:46:16 AM »

Offline bbison

« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2015, 11:33:21 AM »
Maybe I'm a conspiracy theorist, but I think the San Jose chart--which has details and specs--is likely to be 100% accurate, and all of the Ticketmaster charts and scalper charts are intentionally vague to help with ticket sales.

When I bought Chicago 3 tix, I hadn't used my "experience" code yet, so I had little/no competition and zero delay. 113 (closest to an end-stage setup) was almost entirely gone, while I could have had my pick of all of 111/112. (The other side was, and is, VIP priced--just wait for the un-VIPification of a bunch of those two weeks out.) What I saw was the band/promoter hold seats (which are usually the closest section to the stage) were in 113. There were exactly 2 seats available in the first 13 rows. If this were a center stage-dominant setup, there would have been a chunk of 111/112 blocked off instead.

But we'll all know soon enough, right?

For my money, this was the best in-the round ever. Small stage, constantly (but slowly) rotating, singer in the middle:

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline qiinoM

• Stateless
  • maybe i'm amazed
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2015, 02:23:07 PM »
Doubt it only San Jose had that particular seating chart and i think possibly Amsterdam also had a different one.

here's amsterdam for you:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

i don't think this one's so different? didn't make a study of them though ;)

Offline K2

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • light my way
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2015, 12:12:58 PM »
If only it were confirmed.... I would love to get a better idea of the stage layout because there may yet be concerts announced (Like Chicago July 2 & 3) and I hate to buy more tickets "blind." The $300 ticket price is killing me -- if I knew the layout I'd be better able to choose good seats, possibly in a lower price bracket. I hate it that you have to pay $300 to get a half decent seat, and $595 to get a great seat. (Of course GA is the best "seat" but so far I haven't been able to get any GA tx, and my code is long gone.)

So - if anyone can capture screen shots of these stage layouts - please do so!