Author Topic: 2015 Setlist: What staples would you like to see shelved for I+E?  (Read 6696 times)

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
Re: 2015 Setlist: What staples would you like to see shelved for I+E?
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2015, 09:54:26 AM »
If they barely played Indian Summer Sky on TUF tour I think they chances of their resurrecting it in 2015 are miniscule.  I agree it'd be great if Please reappeared but have had my full of Bullet the Blue Sky.

Offline snailstampede

• Wanderer
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2015, 10:02:07 AM »
I'd be fine hearing just about any song. Considering this will only be my second and third live U2 experiences, I'd still love to see ANY of the classics live.
That said, I'd love to hear Out of Control or Electric Co over I Will Follow.
ISHFWILF is my favorite song of all time. I could hear it every day (and almost do) so they can play that as many times as they'd like (and I'd be bummed if they didn't play it at least ONE of the nights).
SBS and Pride are also tired, but I'd still be welcome to seeing them (or maybe a reimagining of either).
I agree with the general consensus that none of these songs should be shelved over the entirety of the tour, but maybe played less often. I'm looking forward to seeing what gets played over the course of the two nights.
Really nothing can dampen my excitement for this tour (except maybe Get On Your Boots... it still pains me that the phrases "sexy boots" and "bossy boots" made it in to a U2 song, a single even).

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2015, 05:43:06 AM »
For me, I would at this stage, rather hear Boots live than yet again hear them belt out SBS, Pride, WOWY, ISHF, songs just beaten to death over the years.  They need to put these to rest for some time and maybe bring them back on their farewell/retirement tour whenever that is. 

Offline Droo

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • don't expect, suggest
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2015, 11:47:56 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If they barely played Indian Summer Sky on TUF tour I think they chances of their resurrecting it in 2015 are miniscule.  I agree it'd be great if Please reappeared but have had my full of Bullet the Blue Sky.

Scarlet was a setlist staple on 360. Absolutely anything is possible.

Offline very good

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2015, 03:19:13 PM »
If streets is shelved I will refuse to leave the building until they come back on and play it.

Offline Afliktor

• Babyface
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2015, 04:44:47 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
***********CONTROVERSY ALERT**************

Streets - Yes I know this is heresy to most, but it has been played on every tour since it came out and the 360 version was the sound of a band tired of it, bored with it and going through the motions. It bombed at Glastonbury, Muse played it with more energy, passion and verve, nicely assisted by Edge who seemed to enjoy playing it with them more than he did with U2 at Glastonbury.

I actually somewhat agree with this... I think U2 needs to rediscover the joy in Streets.  It needs a proper buildup and transition for one - Streets should be the highlight of any U2 show; a blissful catharsis, a breakthrough moment after the darkness... U2 needs to go back and watch RTSS-->Streets, Please-->Streets, and Bad/40-->Streets and remember how to make that song truly transcend.  and as far as I'm concerned it's the first post-rock song and ought to be 10 minutes long.  they need to think of it as an experience, not just a staple or hit they are obligated to play.  but they can't not play it; that song live is the epitome of U2.  it's the only song I feel like they 100% cannot drop ever

I am surprised so many people said SBS.  I never get tired of that song personally; I can see it being used with footage from ISIS or something this tour.  plus it fits thematically with Raised By Wolves.  would actually love a whole political section of Raised/SBS/Bullet/Please...

Pride needs to go.  It really has not been great live since Lovetown and U2 has so many better hits.  Still Haven't Found is so boring live even Bono can't bring himself to sing it half the time; he just lets the crowd do the work.  and I hate to admit it but I'm a bit tired of One at this point.  also could do without Stuck and Walk On, BD is a must though and though they have much better songs I won't complain if they keep Elevation in cuz it's a blast live. 

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2015, 06:57:43 PM »
The fact the crowd all sing ISHFWILF shows it's immensely popular with the vast majority of people at the shows.  Beautiful Day, One, WTSHNN, City of Blinding Lights, WOWY - these songs always go down very well, so it'd be unrealistic to think they'd drop them for the hardcore fans who have seen them played tour after tour.   I've certainly noticed Pride doesn't pack the same punch with crowds as it did in the 80s and early 90s, but it is a fantastic single, one of the very best they've ever put out. 

I'd like to see Sunday Bloody Sunday go, the song they hoped "one day never to have to sing again".  The last time I got something from it was the Popmart tour with the Edge doing the singing.  I'd much rather they performed a song like "Please" if they want to tread these issues on the upcoming tour.