Author Topic: Will SOI win a Grammy tonight? Will U2 be at the show?  (Read 5173 times)

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
Re: Will SOI win a Grammy tonight? Will U2 be at the show?
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2015, 01:12:22 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The fact that Royal Blood doesn't exist to the Grammys tells a lot. Also, <there's the grit we're talking about.

They won't get recognised until they are past their best playing enormodomes with their 4th album which isn't a patch on what came before it

Offline New Zooland

• Refugee
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2015, 01:57:41 AM »
Well done Beck. Great album.

Offline zeeTV

• Numb
  • But I can change the world in me... REJOICE
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2015, 04:04:36 AM »
Not my cup of tea.
Tbh.
Don't really care for these awards bar the fashion & some performances. Like the fact that Macklemore once one the Rap category ahead of Kendrick Lamar speaks VOLUMES.
Yeezy has basically taken the words outta my mouth You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
... Beyonce CHANGED THE GAME ... her album like U2, draws on many aspects of her life & upbringing maybe not presented in the way U2 did, but in her own artistic way. She released album + SEVENTEEN Videos without no promotion, without a leak, she stopped the world, she sold over 600,000 copies in three days, three days.... urgh ah well ...

Offline New Zooland

• Refugee
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2015, 05:55:55 AM »
Beck should give the award to Beyonce to "respect artistry"?

Beyonce had more than 20 writers and more than a dozen producers to create her album. Beck wrote, performed and produced the songs on his album himself. I'd call that " artistry".

Album sales? Shania Twain sold 40 million copies of her 1997 album. Personally I prefer Pop.

Offline JHook

• Numb
  • Your voice was all I heard.
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2015, 08:02:45 AM »
Somebody had to win and Beck is deserving. I haven't listened to him that much of late, but he is a talented and adventurous musician. I'm sure the U2 boys aren't crying in their beer over this.

Offline ZooClothes

• Precious Stone
  • This is where you can reach me now.
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2015, 09:53:05 AM »
I'm a little torn about the Kanye stuff. On one hand, he sure does run off at the mouth. On the other hand, it's sure refreshing to hear someone who has real opinions about their fellow musicians, rather than constant glad-handing.

Edgedisciple

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2015, 10:48:27 AM »
The fact that neither Edge was at the show (and we know for sure that he was in town) says pretty much everything, given the importance that they usually give to that awards joke. They knew they a hadn't a single chance of winning or they've acknowledged that SOI momentum is dead and gone.

Offline summerrain

• Refugee
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2015, 11:08:21 AM »
The fact that neither Edge was at the show (and we know for sure that he was in town) says pretty much everything, given the importance that they usually give to that awards joke. They knew they a hadn't a single chance of winning or they've acknowledged that SOI momentum is dead and gone.

According to this tweet Edge was behind Paul McCartney

Check out @LanceASchart's Tweet: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I didn't watch the show, so I really don't know

Edgedisciple

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2015, 11:42:02 AM »

According to this tweet Edge was behind Paul McCartney

Check out @LanceASchart's Tweet: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I didn't watch the show, so I really don't know
Really? And no one noticed him? He must've avoided the red carpet then, because there are no pictures of him available. Strange...

Offline wik73

• Numb
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2015, 11:44:40 AM »
Couldn't have been. I saw multiple shots of McCartney and never saw the edge. When they announced nominees U2 was the only one they showed no live picture of.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2015, 11:48:13 AM »
The tweeter may have just seen a guy in a beanie??? Don't know where Sir Paul sat, but three rows behind Paul would be not a bad seat. Hmmmm

Offline Kurukira

• Numb
  • Don't Expect, Suggest.
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2015, 12:27:50 PM »
With reading so many "Who is Beck?" tweets, I officially accepted the fact that my generation is over.  If you grew up or came of age in the 90s, the name Beck is very familiar.  It was thought that he'd be a one hit wonder, but in actuality his post-Odelay albums have proven that he was not some flash in the pan.  2002's Sea Change was a big critical favorite and Morning Phase was a quasi-sequel to that.  I like that the millenial bitches are complaining about Beck like he's some here-today gone-tomorrow singer who just swept in to steal Bey's thunder only to never be seen or heard from again.  Sorry, but most of your idols are like that - he's been around for nearly three decades.  I did like what Prince said  - "albums still matter", and as an ALBUM SOI worked very well (though it didn't win).  Haters can hate, but we knew Beck longer than you were even alive - Google him like you Google everything else you don't understand or learned in school.