Author Topic: Video for EBW?  (Read 11398 times)

meximofo

Re: Video for EBW?
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2015, 09:09:22 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
in other words the band think SOI is a dud, dead, buried, time to wack SOI, kill the source - eg - Bono falling from his bike..

I mean come on at the very least the edge Larry & Adam could have conducted tv interviews, radio interview. Edge could have sung instead of Bono...

Trust me they have wacked SOI I believe.
Good to know. I'll let the band know that from this point on, they abjured from SOI.

Offline JHook

• Numb
  • Your voice was all I heard.
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2015, 09:42:30 AM »
in other words the band think SOI is a dud, dead, buried, time to wack SOI, kill the source - eg - Bono falling from his bike..

I mean come on at the very least the edge Larry & Adam could have conducted tv interviews, radio interview. Edge could have sung instead of Bono...

Trust me they have wacked SOI I believe.
Are you suggesting that Bono fell off his bike on purpose, or that the whole bike incident was invented because the album allegedly didn't succeed? I've read some whack things here but this is the whackest. Let's remember that we're talking about a band and an album here. They're important to us, but they're not the most important things on earth. Take a breath.

Offline The Bonzo

• Stateless
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2015, 09:48:53 AM »
That's showbusiness for you buddy...

I sometimes do feel U2 know they F'd up totally with the release, the album got panned - they could not see a way of coming back from this.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2015, 09:51:14 AM »

I sometimes do feel U2 know they F'd up totally with the release, the album got panned - they could not see a way of coming back from this.

Sure, right as they were going to perform for a week on The Tonight Show w/ a huge fan as its host and just the right demographic.

Surely, Bono f'ed up even the bike accident as well. He should have not included the pinky and elbow. This man can't even fall correctly! That Bono - such a wa**er!   >:(

Offline The Bonzo

• Stateless
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2015, 09:53:24 AM »
lol

Offline JHook

• Numb
  • Your voice was all I heard.
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2015, 11:08:09 AM »

Well "buddy," if that's the case I think Bono might have waited to mangle himself until after the band played its week-long residency on the Jimmy Fallon show. Then, if things were still going badly, he could have hurled himself off his bike. (We need a tinfoil-hat smiley here.)

Offline The Bonzo

• Stateless
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2015, 11:17:17 AM »
Jhook, calm down sunny jim

Offline J_Rock321

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Hiiipower
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2015, 01:59:01 PM »
I just cant see U2 making a video for Every Breaking Wave.

If I am honest I personally believe they are willing to write off Songs of Innocence..

Firstly they way it was released bought all this bad publicity - nobody mentioned the music.  If it was a band such as Coldplay or say RHCP they would have been applauded.  But because Bono is U2 it gave people a reason to attack U2 just because of Bono being Bono.

They did the UK promos.  They even did the facebook questions and answers which was so badly choreographed in my opinion.

More bad publicity for Bono in December 2014 with the new Band Aid single being criticised for its song and lyrics.

Bono thinks F this, i need an idea...let me get out of this BS by crashing my bike. 

Nobody ever mentioned how the album was, the music, the lyrics, the production etc..

Now with regards to SOE my guess was the album was finished but looking how at SOI did I bet they are in the studio and re-working it all ove again - hence why it was not be released before the tour opener.
So your saying Bono thought, guys guys I came with a genius idea I'm going to nearly shatter my elbow and just kill the momentum of promoting SOI yeah everybody is going to forget all about the Apple release.  I believe u2 made their cast for SOI in Europe (EMAs, late night interviews, various performances, magazines interviews.) While in the U.S they only got around to phone interviews two weeks after the release, magazines interviews, the iheart radio interview with Bono and and Larry.  The only thing they couldn't do in the U.S was perform which they were going to do with the tonight show residence and the world AIDS day concert in Times Square and announce the tour on the tonight show.  I know you have a theory of what may of happened but to me it doesn't make sense or add up with what they were doing  at the time.  They were pushing the album (unlike the manager)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 02:01:29 PM by J_Rock321 »