Author Topic: Hello from London - Does I used to like them in the old days = Joshua Tree  (Read 487 times)

Offline dhlovesu2

• Stranger in a Strange Land
  • I can eat 27 portions of Fruit and Veg in 10 secs!
This is my first post so I am classing myself as a long term U2 fan.  This is based on the following theory of listening to others,  who say I  used to like U2 in the old days. This makes me interested to listen further until I realise the old days means The Joshua Tree!
I first bought the War album for my sisters Xmas present as she was going to marry a singer called Bono, which clearly never happened!
The relentless playing of those early albums did something for me and I have never looked back.  As a result, I have been to every tour since 1987 and even won tickets to the Astoria gig in 2001, which was amazing.
I have my tickets for this years tour and Im trying as always to convince my wife, friends and anybody else that we need to follow the tour round Europe but strangely enough they dont seem as excited as me!

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
Re: Hello from London - Does I used to like them in the old days = Joshua Tree
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 11:16:20 AM »
JT counts as 'old days', it's 28 years since its release!!

Hopefully U2 has spent at least some of those 28 years making music you like DH. I like to think that until Achtung, Baby, U2 made great albums, and since AB they've made great songs.

In any case, welcome to the best English language U2 fan forum on Earth.