Author Topic: Discounts already???  (Read 4146 times)

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
Re: Discounts already???
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2015, 01:59:22 PM »
I have no idea what happens with singles these days, but the fact that hardcore fans don't know what they have done or are unsure speaks volumes....if people here don't know then joe public have no chance of knowing and therefore being interested......is that a problem? Well only if the band still harbour some ambition to be the worlds biggest band and all that business...

For me the real barometer of this albums momentum and therefore the bands momentum will be what happens once they are on the road touring these songs.....can they awake from the slumber live that I felt they fell into on the last tour?

Charts, Joe Public loving them, biggest band in world etc. for me is meaningless and hopefully none of it applying won't make any difference to what the band do going forward and what they release.....if it does then for me they are doing what they do for the wrong reasons.

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2015, 03:15:25 PM »
Well that pretty much sums it up for me, total confusion and I'm a hardcore fan.  I think they pretty much have given up on SOI as no word from them on next single some 5 months later.  There probably won't be any.  It was doomed right from the beginning.  No one is talking about it, but only about the whole way it was released, no buzz and no radio play and shunned by the grammys.  Their confidence must be really low right now, working on SOI for 4 years and it had no impact in the public at large.  And regarding the tour, if we hardcore fans don't know what the hell is going on, how can they expect as you say Joe Public to shell out $300 and not know what to expect and what the hell I&E tour title means.  Are they going to play hits one night, rare stuff next? Acoustic one night, rock the next? There is even confusion about stage setup.  Is the main stage at the end with a catwalk down the middle?  Main stage in the middle?  Playing in the round?  They officially haven't made any statements regarding this.  These are questions casual fans are asking and are hesitant to buy tickets as they would want to know before hand what night to go for and know where their seats are in regards to the main stage.  I'm headed to Vancouver not knowing what to expect, all I know is that I shelled out a lot of money and don't know what I'm goinng to get.  Like I said before, fire Guy and bring back Paul, maybe they can salvage a comeback with SOE.  But it is not looking good with the last two albums NLOTH and now SOI being released and not being noticed, something the band have said they find unacceptable, releasing albums that don't make and impact and an indication they have said that it is time to hang it up.  Will they take their own advice?  I hope not.  I hope they go on an making music they want and for the fans that care.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 03:48:28 PM by boom boom »

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2015, 03:49:06 PM »
Only part of what is being said here I don't get is this stuff about the gigs....surely they will just be like all other gigs where the band play a mix of new and old songs...I feel way too much has been made of/read into about these supposed different shows - some of this based on some bono comments and the rest on the title of the tour - a lot of speculation that feels a bit like people getting carried away to me.

It always struck me that innocence and experience meant them touring songs of Innocence as an experienced band, playing those songs with their other songs not totally differing nights and shows....
Maybe I havent been paying enough attention..
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 03:51:05 PM by an tha »

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2015, 03:53:13 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Only part of what is being said here I don't get is this stuff about the gigs....surely they will just be like all other gigs where the band play a mix of new and old songs...I feel way too much ha seen made of /read into about these supposed different shows - some of this based on some bono comments and the rest on the title of the tour.

It always struck me that innocence and experience meant them touring songs of Innocence as an experienced band, not totally differing nights and shows....
Maybe I havent been paying enough attention..
The band have made different statements on this in interviews and it is confusing.  They made statements to playing different songs each night, to saying they want different feeling from one night to the next to statements on having acoustic nights. The E in I&E could mean SOE, which is more confusing to fans because it is not even out yet.  Are they themselves confused?  Because I sure am and I'm sure the casual fan is to with all these mixed statements?  All we want is them to clarify and make a statement as what to expect.  Maybe they feeling SOI didn't take off that now they have to back track on all these statements and now have to figure what they want to do.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 04:03:56 PM by boom boom »

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2015, 04:00:50 PM »
As I say maybe I haven't been paying attention.

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2015, 04:07:17 PM »
It's okay.  All this talk of what the hell is going on is giving me a headache.  I think I'm going to grab a beer and crank out an old dvd, maybe it will all be clear in the morning?  Probably not!

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2015, 04:10:15 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It's okay.  All this talk of what the hell is going on is giving me a headache.  I think I'm going to grab a beer and crank out an old dvd, maybe it will all be clear in the morning?  Probably not!

My advice, don't think about it too much....

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2015, 07:07:04 PM »
The main thing that suggests something different happening with the setlist is their insistence on booking all the shows in pairs, which is definitely a new thing.