Author Topic: Bono sighting!  (Read 21810 times)

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
Bono sighting!
« on: February 18, 2015, 01:03:53 PM »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Today in Dublin

Offline ecadad

• Staring at the Sun
  • 🐍
Re: Bono sighting!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 01:26:09 PM »
He's looking surprisingly good (except for that left eye)

Offline podiumboy

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 01:31:40 PM »
I wonder if he's got it closed because the sun is to his left or something like that, or if he still can't open his eye...

But yeah, looking good otherwise!

Did we ever confirm he was in LA a few weeks ago?

Offline JHook

• Numb
  • Your voice was all I heard.
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 01:54:32 PM »
I just yelled YAAAYYYY!

I'm not at all emotional about this.  :D Aw, so nice to see him out and about.

Offline bonorules

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 02:03:08 PM »
So happy to see Bono out and about!

Offline achtungx

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Lillywhite Called Me a Naughty British Slang Word
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 02:05:29 PM »
That's the thinnest that I've seen him in a picture in years. Wow.

There might be hope.

Offline Kurukira

• Numb
  • Don't Expect, Suggest.
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 02:18:26 PM »

There might be hope.

I hope 'fighting fit' describes his gut.  No offense but when I saw U2 live at 360, it looked from certain angles as if Bono was smuggling a pumpkin if you know what I mean.  I think this rehab will leave him more considerate of the condition of his body.  For a second there I thought that guy on the left was Edge with a frayed hairpiece, LMAO!  Seriously, hard to tell how much thinner Bono looks from his shoulders, but he looks a lot better than I thought.  It just looks as if the sun was in his eyes.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 02:25:28 PM »
So this has been on the U2 Facebook Fan Pages for a few hours now and the comments were intriguing...

Some said he looked awful being so thin and that painkillers make one lose weight.

Some said his eye was damaged and that's why it's closed. (We saw him Christmas Eve to dinner w/ Larry and the family and his eye looked fine.)

Some say he looks old and thin. Well, when a person his age loses weight, and doesn't have a lot of weight to lose, it comes off in the face and that's what you get. It doesn't necessarily look bad, just different.

Then there's a fan who has inside knowledge and says he's not fine-

Me: He's looking into the sun. He has glaucoma. He's mugging as usual. He's not dressed up for public consumption. He's out and about like a local because he is. Sigh... He's fine people, FINE!!

She: Well....actually last reports are he is not....

Me: What last reports?

She: Inside info....from Dublin.

Me: Care to elaborate, please

She: Been with this band for over 33 years, know a lot of people, including staff and close friends....they still very much hold on to the insurance papers....so I sincerely hope he is fine and will be going from strength to strength!

Me: For what he's been through and the fact that he's out and about and even obliging to take a fan pic, that's more than fine for me. As for the insurance papers, they'd be fools not to, of course. I will agree with you and hope that he is indeed going from strength to strength as you put it.

So....

Offline JHook

• Numb
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 02:53:03 PM »
I will reiterate: SO happy to see him! Any weight, any hairstyle, shaven, unshaven, eye closed or open. That mug. :)

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2015, 02:53:48 PM »
I will reiterate: SO happy to see him! Any weight, any hairstyle, shaven, unshaven, eye closed or open. That mug. :)

Indeed!

Offline striker

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Dream Out Loud
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2015, 03:01:19 PM »

There might be hope.

I hope 'fighting fit' describes his gut.  No offense but when I saw U2 live at 360, it looked from certain angles as if Bono was smuggling a pumpkin if you know what I mean.  I think this rehab will leave him more considerate of the condition of his body.  For a second there I thought that guy on the left was Edge with a frayed hairpiece, LMAO!  Seriously, hard to tell how much thinner Bono looks from his shoulders, but he looks a lot better than I thought.  It just looks as if the sun was in his eyes.
You sound like a wonderful person to talk to.

Offline JHook

• Numb
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 03:04:34 PM »

Indeed!

Yes.  :-*

Offline Kurukira

• Numb
  • Don't Expect, Suggest.
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2015, 03:17:10 PM »

There might be hope.

You sound like a wonderful person to talk to.
Haha! I can be too judgemental at times, and too sarcastic at others, and believe me I'm told that a lot.  I'm just happy to see him looking much better.

Offline OnlyU2

• Holy Joe
  • Who's to say what it is will break you
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2015, 04:29:25 PM »
YAYY That made my day ! fuzzy feeling

meximofo

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2015, 04:55:08 PM »
So this has been on the U2 Facebook Fan Pages for a few hours now and the comments were intriguing...

Some said he looked awful being so thin and that painkillers make one lose weight.

Some said his eye was damaged and that's why it's closed. (We saw him Christmas Eve to dinner w/ Larry and the family and his eye looked fine.)

Some say he looks old and thin. Well, when a person his age loses weight, and doesn't have a lot of weight to lose, it comes off in the face and that's what you get. It doesn't necessarily look bad, just different.

Then there's a fan who has inside knowledge and says he's not fine-

Me: He's looking into the sun. He has glaucoma. He's mugging as usual. He's not dressed up for public consumption. He's out and about like a local because he is. Sigh... He's fine people, FINE!!

She: Well....actually last reports are he is not....

Me: What last reports?

She: Inside info....from Dublin.

Me: Care to elaborate, please

She: Been with this band for over 33 years, know a lot of people, including staff and close friends....they still very much hold on to the insurance papers....so I sincerely hope he is fine and will be going from strength to strength!

Me: For what he's been through and the fact that he's out and about and even obliging to take a fan pic, that's more than fine for me. As for the insurance papers, they'd be fools not to, of course. I will agree with you and hope that he is indeed going from strength to strength as you put it.

So....
That "she" sounds like Fisher. (just a joke!)