Author Topic: Bono sighting!  (Read 21809 times)

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
Re: Bono sighting!
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2015, 05:01:32 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So this has been on the U2 Facebook Fan Pages for a few hours now and the comments were intriguing...

Some said he looked awful being so thin and that painkillers make one lose weight.

Some said his eye was damaged and that's why it's closed. (We saw him Christmas Eve to dinner w/ Larry and the family and his eye looked fine.)

Some say he looks old and thin. Well, when a person his age loses weight, and doesn't have a lot of weight to lose, it comes off in the face and that's what you get. It doesn't necessarily look bad, just different.

Then there's a fan who has inside knowledge and says he's not fine-

Me: He's looking into the sun. He has glaucoma. He's mugging as usual. He's not dressed up for public consumption. He's out and about like a local because he is. Sigh... He's fine people, FINE!!

She: Well....actually last reports are he is not....

Me: What last reports?

She: Inside info....from Dublin.

Me: Care to elaborate, please

She: Been with this band for over 33 years, know a lot of people, including staff and close friends....they still very much hold on to the insurance papers....so I sincerely hope he is fine and will be going from strength to strength!

Me: For what he's been through and the fact that he's out and about and even obliging to take a fan pic, that's more than fine for me. As for the insurance papers, they'd be fools not to, of course. I will agree with you and hope that he is indeed going from strength to strength as you put it.

So....
That "she" sounds like Fisher. (just a joke!)

Perhaps his girlfriend or wife? I was more cordial than I felt. It struck me not well. Maybe it's just me?  ::)

Waffles

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2015, 05:19:58 PM »
someone please convince him to go back to 2011 haircut

Offline seashells

• Staring at the Sun
  • Let me in the sound
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 08:31:35 AM »
So this has been on the U2 Facebook Fan Pages for a few hours now and the comments were intriguing...

Some said he looked awful being so thin and that painkillers make one lose weight.

Some said his eye was damaged and that's why it's closed. (We saw him Christmas Eve to dinner w/ Larry and the family and his eye looked fine.)

Some say he looks old and thin. Well, when a person his age loses weight, and doesn't have a lot of weight to lose, it comes off in the face and that's what you get. It doesn't necessarily look bad, just different.

Then there's a fan who has inside knowledge and says he's not fine-

Me: He's looking into the sun. He has glaucoma. He's mugging as usual. He's not dressed up for public consumption. He's out and about like a local because he is. Sigh... He's fine people, FINE!!

She: Well....actually last reports are he is not....

Me: What last reports?

She: Inside info....from Dublin.

Me: Care to elaborate, please

She: Been with this band for over 33 years, know a lot of people, including staff and close friends....they still very much hold on to the insurance papers....so I sincerely hope he is fine and will be going from strength to strength!

Me: For what he's been through and the fact that he's out and about and even obliging to take a fan pic, that's more than fine for me. As for the insurance papers, they'd be fools not to, of course. I will agree with you and hope that he is indeed going from strength to strength as you put it.

So....
That "she" sounds like Fisher. (just a joke!)

Perhaps his girlfriend or wife? I was more cordial than I felt. It struck me not well. Maybe it's just me?  ::)
Try to check back in with your new friend every now and then for her Dublin updates!

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 09:13:13 AM »
Hmmmm... Well, I was cordial, but I felt as if I were being manipulated a bit. It's a FAN Forum. If you have info, don't dangle w/ vague references, share. Her FB Profile listed her residence far from Dublin. I'm going to ask another Fan Forum member if this person is known to be reliable. I'm new to those forums and they are active. Some people are quite pleasant, I'll ask of them if this her is reliable.

Offline PopMofo97

• Stateless
  • I'm ready, ready for the gridlock
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2015, 09:59:08 AM »

Today in Dublin

Happy boy.

Offline xy

• Child of Grace
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2015, 11:09:16 AM »
I wonder if he's got it closed because the sun is to his left or something like that, or if he still can't open his eye...

But yeah, looking good otherwise!

Did we ever confirm he was in LA a few weeks ago?

It looks as if he's just winking.

Consider he had a far more grave injury during 360 and bounced back ...

Offline The Edges Cat

• Desert Rose
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2015, 01:11:23 AM »

Today in Dublin
Happy boy.

I think MacPhisto every time I see Bono strike that pose!

Bono's fine. I wouldn't believe a word of that FB "insider." Guitar work, I'm not so sure; but bouncy Bono will be back in time for the tour. And bouncy is where the fun is.

As long as Adam's hair is fine, it's all good.

Offline Melon

• Wanderer
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2015, 06:28:12 AM »
Bono is just giving his hair a rest while no one is looking so it will be looking sharp and shiny when the tour starts.  ;)

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2015, 07:01:34 AM »

Bono is just giving his hair a rest while no one is looking so it will be looking sharp and shiny when the tour starts.  ;)

He needs it to look as good or better then Adam's!

Offline satellitedog

• Child of Grace
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2015, 08:19:43 AM »
That would need a lot of transplants... Adam is lucky not having to worry about hairloss.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2015, 08:21:22 AM »

But, Jen, we have to urge Adam to get off the hangover look and go back to the suave silver fox coif. ;)

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2015, 08:49:44 AM »

But, Jen, we have to urge Adam to get off the hangover look and go back to the suave silver fox coif. ;)

No kidding!

Offline Mary C

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2015, 07:06:55 PM »
Pfft. He looks great. I'd rather see him thin than the opposite. Which is so easy for him! My question is, how has he been losing all this weight, given his tendency to gain? I hope he's merely following something like Ali's diet ;) and not starving himself. (Which works in the short-term but *never* in the long term.)

JHook, my reaction was something like yours. Got my tax refund yesterday and a Bono pic today! Right now, life is good.  8)
It's great to see him back in Dublin enjoying his final period of solitude before The Madness begins. I hope it has been, and will continue to be, a time of relaxation, healing, comfort in the company of his family and loyal friends, and most of all, fruitful introspection and newfound clarity....

And some great natural lighting is going on there. Lucky Irish. We certainly can't go strolling coatless and hatless over here! A wek ago the temps here in upstate NY were -11 F with a 32-below windchill (no bog deal if you're from Minnesota, but anything over -5 and with blustery winds isn't normal here.

Offline J_Rock321

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Hiiipower
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2015, 07:09:35 PM »
Pfft. He looks great. I'd rather see him thin than the opposite. Which is so easy for him! My question is, how has he been losing all this weight, given his tendency to gain? I hope he's merely following something like Ali's diet ;) and not starving himself. (Which works in the short-term but *never* in the long term.)

JHook, my reaction was something like yours. Got my tax refund yesterday and a Bono pic today! Right now, life is good.  8)
It's great to see him back in Dublin enjoying his final period of solitude before The Madness begins. I hope it has been, and will continue to be, a time of relaxation, healing, comfort in the company of his family and loyal friends, and most of all, fruitful introspection and newfound clarity....

And some great natural lighting is going on there. Lucky Irish. We certainly can't go strolling coatless and hatless over here! A wek ago the temps here in upstate NY were -11 F with a 32-below windchill (no bog deal if you're from Minnesota, but anything over -5 and with blustery winds isn't normal here.

Intensive therapy

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2015, 07:37:05 PM »
Bono's weight loss-
I don't know the accuracy of this, but more than a couple people on the Facebook fan pages suggested it could be the painkilling drugs that suppress one's appetite. I really don't want it to be that. I hope it's that he's actively working out and eating well. That's what I'm choosing to think until I know otherwise, which I likely never will. Unless, like here in America, his trainer goes on Oprah, pens a book, and gets their own TV show for 6 mos!  ::)

Bono has to be one of the strongest people ever, so whichever/whatever it is, he'll triumph!

Can't wait for June!

xo