Author Topic: Bono sighting!  (Read 21807 times)

Offline JHook

• Numb
  • Your voice was all I heard.
Re: Bono sighting!
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2015, 04:00:28 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Bono in this Twitter fan selfie looks quite similar to me as he does in this 1986 Self Aid behind the scenes video.

Look at 43:10 onward. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Of course, Bman is nearly 30 years older now, but I hold to my take that it's the weight loss that makes his face appear a bit different. He definitely still has his facial deep wrinkles...

~30 years ago.... Dang!

Aw, bless that tough little face. I've always been a fan of the chin. Happy to see it in all its glory once more. ;)

Offline paddyattitude

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2015, 04:50:16 PM »
all the pics we usually get of Bono are of him travelling around the world. And on most of them he often looks tired and old.
but this last pic is probably the first one we see of him in ages after having a good rest

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2015, 06:21:50 PM »
all the pics we usually get of Bono are of him travelling around the world. And on most of them he often looks tired and old.
but this last pic is probably the first one we see of him in ages after having a good rest

Very good point about the rest!

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2015, 10:38:55 PM »
It's the weight loss thy makes him look so different - must admit was a tad taken back when I saw it. Hope there is nothing more sinister going on

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2015, 11:12:42 PM »
It's the weight loss thy makes him look so different - must admit was a tad taken back when I saw it. Hope there is nothing more sinister going on
Sinister?
:(

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2015, 11:27:05 PM »

Sinister?

Don't know myself - just probably hadn't equated his injuries with the weight loss

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2015, 11:35:16 PM »

Sinister?

Don't know myself - just probably hadn't equated his injuries with the weight loss

Gotcha. Let me know if there's anyone or anything we fans need to take care of for the Bman. No sinister types allowed! 😉

Offline Mary C

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2015, 05:22:45 AM »
He looks great. I think this look of his face is just fine. He needs to look thinner, as long as he isn't cadaverous (cheek bones a la Larry. Not that there's anything wrong with Larry's mug.  ;) No offense B, but in recent years you've really looked awful. Let yourself go in the very worst way. Ali might not care but some of us do! Horrendous weight gain and your face made you look like the proverbial fat cat. (That sneak pic of him on the beach at Eze...you know, those horrendous topless pics. Even I winced.) .

Not that we ever wanted this kind of a situation to make Bono cognizant of his health and appearance, OF COURSE, but the only good thing about it is that he is paying careful attention now I'm sure, and rest is no doubt doing a world of good.

Now let's just hope that on the tour he doesn't party it all away--drink too much and smoke and indulge to excess in the pleasures of the palate. At his age he might hate to admit it to himself, but the carefree days should be over.

I hope we see much more of this soon. Why do I get the feeling though that he saw the pic fom the other day and , said, "Oh God, I do look like crap in that pic--I need to fix this."  :)

Offline JHook

• Numb
  • Your voice was all I heard.
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2015, 07:28:32 AM »
Hey, what if everyone who commented on what a big fat ugly old b****** Bono was in the recent past was forced to post a selfie right now? I'd enjoy that. Full-body mirror selfie. No cheating! Go.

I mean, for pete's sake. The guy can't win.

On edit: I love the auto-censorship function here. Yes, the b______d word is very naughty and I apologize.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 07:41:31 AM by JHook »

Offline Jono

• Running to Stand Still
  • Nice job by #MoteeShoe
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2015, 08:15:21 AM »
Hey, what if everyone who commented on what a big fat ugly old b****** Bono was in the recent past was forced to post a selfie right now? I'd enjoy that. Full-body mirror selfie. No cheating! Go.

On edit: I love the auto-censorship function here. Yes, the b______d word is very naughty and I apologize.
AGREED!
He is 50+....so MaryC....Wow, just wow.
I actually had to read that again...way too harsh!

Offline bonorules

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2015, 08:22:46 AM »

Agreed!  As a fat girl who has always struggled with her weight, I get very annoyed with others who sit on the internet and criticize other people for their size without anyone having to really know what they look like. 

Offline dublinireland

• Wanderer
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2015, 08:48:21 AM »

AGREED!
He is 50+....so MaryC....Wow, just wow.
I actually had to read that again...way too harsh!

+1

critical much?!!!! omg, really!?

Offline dublinireland

• Wanderer
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2015, 08:49:36 AM »

great idea! post a pic and we'll let you have it the same way.

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2015, 10:08:44 AM »

great idea! post a pic and we'll let you have it the same way.

Not many of you will remember, but a few years ago I started this thread: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The goal was just this, to get more members to use actual pics of themselves as their avatars here. SatDog and I are sticking with it, and I really hope Antha's not. Please don't let that be you. Seriously.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2015, 10:19:52 AM »
excuse me but ive had my face as my avatar for years now.

you're welcome.