Author Topic: Bono sighting!  (Read 21952 times)

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
Re: Bono sighting!
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2015, 11:04:25 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hey, what if everyone who commented on what a big fat ugly old b****** Bono was in the recent past was forced to post a selfie right now? I'd enjoy that. Full-body mirror selfie. No cheating! Go.

I mean, for pete's sake. The guy can't win.

On edit: I love the auto-censorship function here. Yes, the b______d word is very naughty and I apologize.

great idea! post a pic and we'll let you have it the same way.

Not many of you will remember, but a few years ago I started this thread: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The goal was just this, to get more members to use actual pics of themselves as their avatars here. SatDog and I are sticking with it, and I really hope Antha's not. Please don't let that be you. Seriously.

That was before my time. But, if that's what we want to do, I'm game. However, how do we know it's really a picture of the person? I know Desert's is, but that's it. And, I'm Facebook friends w/ some forum members, so I know what they look like. Just wondering...

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2015, 11:32:52 AM »
dont catfish us by posting a woman's face that isnt your own!

Offline JHook

• Numb
  • Your voice was all I heard.
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2015, 11:37:59 AM »
I think it's fine if people want to use their own pictures here (or not) but that wasn't the point of my comment about posting selfies.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2015, 11:52:12 AM »
Hey, what if everyone who commented on what a big fat ugly old b****** Bono was in the recent past was forced to post a selfie right now? I'd enjoy that. Full-body mirror selfie. No cheating! Go.

On edit: I love the auto-censorship function here. Yes, the b______d word is very naughty and I apologize.

great idea! post a pic and we'll let you have it the same way.

Not many of you will remember, but a few years ago I started this thread: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The goal was just this, to get more members to use actual pics of themselves as their avatars here. SatDog and I are sticking with it, and I really hope Antha's not. Please don't let that be you. Seriously.

Ha! I sincerely wish that was me, the man is my hero!

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2015, 12:08:56 PM »
excuse me but ive had my face as my avatar for years now.

you're welcome.

Umm, yeah. I meant everyone except you, so....

;)

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2015, 12:10:12 PM »
What ever happened to Tumbling Dice?

Offline TheU2Ken

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • To tell the truth, this could be the last time
« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2015, 12:16:17 PM »
no idea. he hasn't shown up in months

Glad to see B man out and about tho. Looking good

Offline u2CanHappenToAnyone

• Stateless
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2015, 12:18:55 PM »

AGREED!
He is 50+....so MaryC....Wow, just wow.
I actually had to read that again...way too harsh!

+1

critical much?!!!! omg, really!?

I get it I guess. We want our rock stars to look like rock stars, but there is a way to be a person about it, no? Maybe "I want my rock star to look like a rock star but the most important thing is for him to recover fully and be happy." Stop parsing every wrinkle on his face or every pound gained and shed over the last 25 years.

It's barely three months on from what was a traumatic bodily injury. Not only was the injury traumatic but I would venture to guess there was some creative trauma as well when the promotion for the new CD came to a crashing halt (pun intended) and fans went into 'SOI Autopsy' mode (seriously).

Seems to me the band are proud of the songs they've written and given Bono tends to reveal, rather than conceal, his creative emotions it stands to reason there would be some serious disappointment working its way through his system. Give him time to rebuild himself on all levels. Listen to SOI again, listen for how beautifully those songs are crafted, written, and performed. Have faith that U2 know how to put on a proper rock show. Be encouraged his recovery appears to be progressing. I know I am.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2015, 12:36:22 PM »

thought he and be there got banned?

Offline TheU2Ken

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • To tell the truth, this could be the last time
« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2015, 12:39:16 PM »

thought he and be there got banned?
he came back tho

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2015, 01:08:55 PM »
But he hasn't been here for months. I PMed him and nothing. I tried reaching him through zootopia, nothing. :(

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2015, 01:11:17 PM »

AGREED!

+1

I get it I guess. We want our rock stars to look like rock stars, but there is a way to be a person about it, no? Maybe "I want my rock star to look like a rock star but the most important thing is for him to recover fully and be happy." Stop parsing every wrinkle on his face or every pound gained and shed over the last 25 years.

It's barely three months on from what was a traumatic bodily injury. Not only was the injury traumatic but I would venture to guess there was some creative trauma as well when the promotion for the new CD came to a crashing halt (pun intended) and fans went into 'SOI Autopsy' mode (seriously).

Seems to me the band are proud of the songs they've written and given Bono tends to reveal, rather than conceal, his creative emotions it stands to reason there would be some serious disappointment working its way through his system. Give him time to rebuild himself on all levels. Listen to SOI again, listen for how beautifully those songs are crafted, written, and performed. Have faith that U2 know how to put on a proper rock show. Be encouraged his recovery appears to be progressing. I know I am.

Yep, there's a thread in that other forum called nearly exactly this. Disgusting.  >:(

This album is terrific. I'm sad for the guys and for Bono at all that's gone down. I'm NOT sad they made it and I hope they stand behind it and we stand behind them. I cannot wait for the tour to start and I KNOW it will be fantastic. It's U2! Over analyze, criticize and debate all you want, they're still the best and worthy of our respect, admiration, support, and listening.

Offline JHook

• Numb
  • Your voice was all I heard.
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2015, 01:37:45 PM »

AGREED!

+1

Yep, there's a thread in that other forum called nearly exactly this. Disgusting.  >:(

This album is terrific. I'm sad for the guys and for Bono at all that's gone down. I'm NOT sad they made it and I hope they stand behind it and we stand behind them. I cannot wait for the tour to start and I KNOW it will be fantastic. It's U2! Over analyze, criticize and debate all you want, they're still the best and worthy of our respect, admiration, support, and listening.

Hear hear! And no more treating the band's misfortune (or their appearance!) like something they're doing intentionally to inconvenience you.

Offline teacher_mommy_u2fan

• Stateless
  • Dreaming Out Loud
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2015, 09:02:53 PM »
I think these pictures, which Bono knows are going to be plastered across the Internet, are his way of telling us that he's on the road to recovery. I am happy to see him out and about and will be be even happier when he's on stage in front of me in Chicago this June.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2015, 09:06:25 PM »
I think these pictures, which Bono knows are going to be plastered across the Internet, are his way of telling us that he's on the road to recovery. I am happy to see him out and about and will be be even happier when he's on stage in front of me in Chicago this June.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥