Author Topic: Banned?  (Read 1023 times)

Offline kps88

• Babyface
Banned?
« on: February 27, 2015, 11:18:25 AM »
Hello folks. I don't post much but this has happened to me a couple of times - I would be told that I was banned from the forum when trying to access it. This would happen even if I was not logged in. I can't remember the exact message, but it had something to do with posting spam or something of that sort. The first time this happened it must have lasted for almost a year and I had all but given up on the forum. For some reason, the problem went away and I was back in. It happened again a few weeks ago and I was prepared for a long exile but fortunately I checked again and could log in.

Any reason why this keeps happening? I certainly don't spam or post wrongful links; heck, I barely post.

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
Re: Banned?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 10:25:04 PM »
The forum keeps track of a variety of signals for every member -- username, email address, IP addresses that you use when visiting, etc. If any of those signals are similar to a banned account, the forum will assume you're the banned member and lock you out. This happens very rarely, but it usually happens when someone connects via an IP address similar to one associated with a banned account.

Offline kps88

• Babyface
Re: Banned?
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 08:43:43 AM »
Happened again yesterday but seems to be fine now. Guess I'll just have to live with it.