Author Topic: Dream U2 Collaboration  (Read 2731 times)

Offline zeeTV

• Numb
  • But I can change the world in me... REJOICE
Dream U2 Collaboration
« on: March 03, 2015, 06:51:11 PM »
Ok So imagine, you could put together a collaboration between any artist and U2 ... who would it be & I ...

1) U2 & Beyonce.... Beyonce & Bono's vocals together on American Prayer worked so damn well... and like THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN. Her soft and fierce voice with B would be absolute magic. Oh god just thinking about it.

2) Kanye & U2... I dunno there was a rumor going around a few years ago about a song called Sky Scrappers w/ Bono, Swiss Beatz & Kanye that never eventuated bar a demo on youtube... + anything will be better than hearing Jay Z's raquet with the band.

3) John Legend & U2... This could be so sensual....

4) Rihanna & Bono... It worked on the Haiti song,  it could work again.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
Re: Dream U2 Collaboration
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 01:23:47 AM »
PJ Harvey would be my pick, I think she would bring out Bono's edgier side as well.

The list above I find the idea of any of them horrible, all would scream desperation to be seen as relevant/on with the popular crowd.

Offline JHook

• Numb
  • Your voice was all I heard.
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 07:39:24 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
PJ Harvey would be my pick, I think she would bring out Bono's edgier side as well.

The list above I find the idea of any of them horrible, all would scream desperation to be seen as relevant/on with the popular crowd.

PJ Harvey is an excellent choice. I'm not a fan of collaborations in general; they tend to come off a little bit cheesy to my ears. But if U2 were determined to collaborate with someone, I'd certainly prefer someone from the alternative side of the aisle. PJ Harvey and Thom Yorke sang gorgeously together.

Offline halv

• Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 09:13:30 AM »
Ok So imagine, you could put together a collaboration between any artist and U2 ... who would it be & I ...

1) U2 & Beyonce.... Beyonce & Bono's vocals together on American Prayer worked so damn well... and like THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN. Her soft and fierce voice with B would be absolute magic. Oh god just thinking about it.

2) Kanye & U2... I dunno there was a rumor going around a few years ago about a song called Sky Scrappers w/ Bono, Swiss Beatz & Kanye that never eventuated bar a demo on youtube... + anything will be better than hearing Jay Z's raquet with the band.

I'm not trying to be rude because we all have our own musical tastes, but all of these choices (possibly excluding John Legend) would be my worst nightmare for a collaboration. Especially Kanye West. I'd like to see U2 make some music with the members of Arcade Fire. That would be really interesting.

Offline Petejbridge

• Stateless
  • Clockworks and cold steel...
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 09:53:03 PM »
I'd love to see something like a production collaboration once again with Flood and bring in Alan Wilder (ex Depeche Mode) to push a more experimental/darker sound for lack of better description. Wilder could provide some good subtle synthetic textures in the background of songs produced by Flood, who is one of the guys who seems to challenge U2 very well when things get stagnant in the studio.

Offline Albono

• Child of Grace
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 11:24:47 PM »
U2 & Bjork
U2 & PJ Harvey
U2 & Tori Amos
U2 & Tom Waits

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 11:38:49 PM »
U2 and Trent Reznor makes me just wonder what kinds of incredible music Trent could coax out of them.

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 12:56:28 PM »
Duet with God called "The meaning of life"

Offline ecadad

• Staring at the Sun
  • 🐍
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 01:27:49 PM »
U2 & Robert Plant could be real cool.
U2 & Jack White could make some awesome noise. Maybe for Record Store Day?
U2 & Rihanna could be nice... maybe.

I vote for U2 and Jack White doing a single for record store day.

Offline fardreamer

• Child of Grace
  • The best things are easy to destroy
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2015, 01:47:17 PM »

Hope these are a joke.

Especially Kanye. The idea makes me feel like vomiting.

Collaborations are usually pretty lame.

Maybe Michael Stripe or Matt Bellamy, but even then I think it'd be something subpar.

Collaborations are just usually what people do when they have no new ideas and they're desperate.

Offline JHook

• Numb
  • Your voice was all I heard.
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2015, 02:04:55 PM »
U2 and Trent Reznor makes me just wonder what kinds of incredible music Trent could coax out of them.

I need this right NOW.

Actually, I'm not sure I'd survive it. But I'd die happy.

Offline Tuolumne

• Stateless
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2015, 03:26:30 PM »
When I first got to be a huge White Stripes fan a decade ago, I secretly imagined what Jack White producing a U2 record would be like. Jack pretty much killed Love is Blindness with brilliance forever. And  I thought the best i could hope for was Edge's and Jack's collaboration with Jimmy Page.   I think if he ever did, he'd record them in an abandoned church in under a week. Don't know if the personalities would lead to bloodshed or not.

I like the Trent Reznor suggestion. Also Patti Smith.

Offline Ripper

• Babyface
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2015, 03:27:02 PM »
I'm pretty sure other well known musicians have collaborated with unknown up and coming artists,maybe they could find some talent in Ireland to introduce us to.

Offline very good

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2015, 04:05:12 PM »
Let's take this current Noel/Bono love-in to its natural conclusion!

hrsan

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2015, 10:13:02 AM »

I'm not trying to be rude because we all have our own musical tastes, but all of these choices (possibly excluding John Legend) would be my worst nightmare for a collaboration. Especially Kanye West. I'd like to see U2 make some music with the members of Arcade Fire. That would be really interesting.

ditto