SOE before during or after ?

Before
8 (7.8%)
During
63 (61.2%)
After
32 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 91

Author Topic: Will U2 release SOE Before During or After Tour ?  (Read 9631 times)

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
Re: Will U2 release SOE Before During or After Tour ?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2015, 09:50:57 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I hope that if they have got it pretty much finished that they don't tinker with it too much. I think they are often better if they don't have too much time to think about what that are doing.

POP

Offline NickWightwick1992

• Babyface
  • Do not go gentle into that good night...
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2015, 11:12:59 AM »

March 9th Apple Watch launch... Hand in hand with another U2 release? One can dream...

Offline ecadad

• Staring at the Sun
  • 🐍
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2015, 02:46:17 PM »

March 9th Apple Watch launch... Hand in hand with another U2 release? One can dream...

The ringtone of every iPhone will always be whatever U2's  current single is. And the Apple Watch will come with a U2 wallpaper.

Offline ehtaerb

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2015, 04:12:07 PM »
I think it will get released during the tour in a similar vein to how Zooropa was released during ZooTV

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2015, 04:57:25 PM »
I think it will get released during the tour in a similar vein to how Zooropa was released during ZooTV
Agree, or opening night. ;)

Offline OnlyU2

• Holy Joe
  • Who's to say what it is will break you
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2015, 05:45:59 PM »
Agree, or opening night. ;)

That would be awesome!!!!

Offline Parsons

• Child of Grace
  • I've seen love conquer the great divide.
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2015, 05:58:39 PM »

Hmmmmmmm !  ???
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 06:02:19 PM by Parsons »

Offline OptimaX

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • ZOOPOP
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2015, 11:53:23 AM »
Let's make some sense.

It is called "The Innocence + Experience tour". Referring to both albums.

Of course they're going to come back next year for a stadium tour.

So... If in any cause they would release Songs of Experience between those two, then why didn't they call the first leg "The Innocence Tour" and the stadium tour "The Experience Tour".

The fact that they didn't, implies that on both 'legs' of the tour we can expect some "Experience" showing up.

It doesn't mean the album has to come out before or during, but then at least they should be playing songs from it.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2015, 12:09:25 PM »
Has anyone at any time stopped to think that innocence+experience could mean that the bamd are touring their songs of Innocence as an experienced band/experienced men....telling those innocent stories with experience...

Just a thought as everybody seems to say it's about two albums, and I understand why when bono has talked about songs of experience but one thing we should have learnt is things don't always happen the way Bono says....

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2015, 06:21:10 PM »
Has anyone at any time stopped to think that innocence+experience could mean that the bamd are touring their songs of Innocence as an experienced band/experienced men....telling those innocent stories with experience...

Just a thought as everybody seems to say it's about two albums, and I understand why when bono has talked about songs of experience but one thing we should have learnt is things don't always happen the way Bono says....

I have an tha. To be honest I thought it was just me in thinking that.  Glad you brought it up.

Offline Parsons

• Child of Grace
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2015, 07:02:40 PM »

Antha,
While it's true Bono can get overly excited about projects this case is different in that we have valid testimony from the other three that SOE exits.  :)

Offline Chip

• Numb
  • "Hey, I've been waiting to get home a long time"
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2015, 07:13:17 PM »

Antha,
While it's true Bono can get overly excited about projects this case is different in that we have valid testimony from the other three that SOE exits.  :)

When the band talks about SOE as maybe 80% complete, I wouldn't call it "existing" yet, save for in an incomplete form. That last 20% can take a very long time on U2's schedule, and that's supposing they don't second-guess themselves and rework everything . . .

I do think it will come out during the tour, probably in the fall. There's a reason why they're going to so few cities this year, it seems to me, and I'll bet the reason is because SOE won't be released until near the end of this year. 2016 will feature the bigger tour once both albums are out. (And is there anyone else who doesn't travel far for concerts and waits until a band reaches your area? I won't be seeing U2 until 2016 -- they have to come to DC or Baltimore before I'll see them.)

As for SOA, if we get it, I'll wager it'll be the band's final album and will be released without a tour.

Offline Parsons

• Child of Grace
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2015, 07:18:28 PM »

Antha,

When the band talks about SOE as maybe 80% complete, I wouldn't call it "existing" yet, save for in an incomplete form. That last 20% can take a very long time on U2's schedule, and that's supposing they don't second-guess themselves and rework everything . . .

I do think it will come out during the tour, probably in the fall. There's a reason why they're going to so few cities this year, it seems to me, and I'll bet the reason is because SOE won't be released until near the end of this year. 2016 will feature the bigger tour once both albums are out. (And is there anyone else who doesn't travel far for concerts and waits until a band reaches your area? I won't be seeing U2 until 2016 -- they have to come to DC or Baltimore before I'll see them.)

As for SOA, if we get it, I'll wager it'll be the band's final album and will be released without a tour.
I agree SOA will more than likely be U2's last album and there will be no tour because IMHO there will be nothing left to say, it will be their final statement .
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 07:22:20 PM by Parsons »

Offline sundaybd

• Stateless
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2015, 08:55:56 PM »

I have an tha. To be honest I thought it was just me in thinking that.  Glad you brought it up.

in all my years watching U2 and how they do things this seems to be pretty obviously exactly what it means. it's a pipe dream to think they will have another album out any time soon. fall 2015 at the earliest but if I were a betting man I'd bet on 2016 as a more likely option. anyone believing otherwise I have one question for you : How are you enjoying your copy of "songs of ascent: ?

Offline J_Rock321

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Hiiipower
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2015, 10:46:19 PM »
I think SOE will be released probably before or during the European leg or before 2016 stadium leg.  Also what SOE could be about is the future of dublin (edge said something about this an interview) and where the band is at today.

Also, who is producing this album because I haven't heard any producers name so far?  And apparently Guy Oseary was at the Noel Gallagher concert in Dublin.