SOE before during or after ?

Before
8 (7.8%)
During
63 (61.2%)
After
32 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 91

Author Topic: Will U2 release SOE Before During or After Tour ?  (Read 9632 times)

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
Re: Will U2 release SOE Before During or After Tour ?
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2015, 10:54:18 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think SOE will be released probably before or during the European leg or before 2016 stadium leg.  Also what SOE could be about is the future of dublin (edge said something about this an interview) and where the band is at today.

Also, who is producing this album because I haven't heard any producers name so far?  And apparently Guy Oseary was at the Noel Gallagher concert in Dublin.

Not sure how I feel/what I think about him any longer... or yet. It is of interest he was there. Perhaps meeting w/ the band to scheme a new scheme?

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2015, 01:02:22 AM »
Has anyone at any time stopped to think that innocence+experience could mean that the bamd are touring their songs of Innocence as an experienced band/experienced men....telling those innocent stories with experience...

Just a thought as everybody seems to say it's about two albums, and I understand why when bono has talked about songs of experience but one thing we should have learnt is things don't always happen the way Bono says....

Antha,
While it's true Bono can get overly excited about projects this case is different in that we have valid testimony from the other three that SOE exits.  :)

To clarify....I have no doubt it is a record they have worked on, maybe are working on and intend to release...I am just much less sure that this tour is meant to be one where this as yet unfinished record is the joint attraction with the existing one.

All that said who knows and maybe the boys have more surprises up their sleeves!

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2015, 01:05:19 AM »
Has anyone at any time stopped to think that innocence+experience could mean that the bamd are touring their songs of Innocence as an experienced band/experienced men....telling those innocent stories with experience...

Just a thought as everybody seems to say it's about two albums, and I understand why when bono has talked about songs of experience but one thing we should have learnt is things don't always happen the way Bono says....

I have an tha. To be honest I thought it was just me in thinking that.  Glad you brought it up.

Hooray.....I am not alone.

Happy to be wrong though and see it drop at start of or during tour! I am very much of the view that it would be nice if they release as much music as possible in the autumn of their career

Offline sceptic

• Refugee
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2015, 05:07:40 AM »
Before, during or after the tour? I really can't guess... U2 have surprised us with the sudden release of SOI, they could do it again with SOE. The name of the tour seems to suggest that there will be 2 new albums to play, but the fact that Bono's seriously injured probably means that the band won't be able to finish the 30% of SOE that remain incomplete any time soon. All this means is that I wouldn't put my money on any of the alternatives...

Offline wildgirl

• Wanderer
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2015, 05:31:59 AM »
What if the initial plan was to play mostly songs for SOI during night 1 and from SOE during night 2? It might be why they released the album in September and the tour starts in May - to give them time to complete SOE until the tours starts. But then the injury occured...

Offline Shankly

• Babyface
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2015, 01:42:32 PM »
I hope that if they have got it pretty much finished that they don't tinker with it too much. I think they are often better if they don't have too much time to think about what that are doing.

POP
Which is a great record!

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2015, 01:46:43 PM »
I hope that if they have got it pretty much finished that they don't tinker with it too much. I think they are often better if they don't have too much time to think about what that are doing.

POP
Which is a great record!

Precisely!  8)

Offline Parsons

• Child of Grace
  • I've seen love conquer the great divide.
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2015, 10:46:51 PM »
Noel Gallagher says the band ( including Bono ) are in France rehearsing.
I think it's still kind of early for that, MAYBE their recording/ mixing SOE .
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 10:52:12 PM by Parsons »

Offline Siberian Tiger

• Child of Grace
  • There is no them, there's only us
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2015, 01:38:19 AM »
Lots of theories going round. It's true that Bono's injury has slowed things down. But Bono can't sit still either, and what better thing to do than to finish a record while mending. I'm still hoping for a release earlier than later. But if they play Experience songs on tour and then finish recording before the end of 2015 I will be happy too. Their songs often improve on tour, so this could make for a ripper recording. Releasing it next year seems too late to me though, especially if this really is going to be a trilogy in the winter of their career.

Offline Parsons

• Child of Grace
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2015, 04:23:52 PM »
Lots of theories going round. It's true that Bono's injury has slowed things down. But Bono can't sit still either, and what better thing to do than to finish a record while mending. I'm still hoping for a release earlier than later. But if they play Experience songs on tour and then finish recording before the end of 2015 I will be happy too. Their songs often improve on tour, so this could make for a ripper recording. Releasing it next year seems too late to me though, especially if this really is going to be a trilogy in the winter of their career.
+1

Boom Cha!

« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2015, 04:00:00 PM »
I would assume it'd be before or during since the tour is called the Innocence and Experience tour, but who knows? I'm fine with it coming out after the tour though since I'm still digesting Songs of Innocence. Just as long as it doesn't take another 5 years.

WookieeWarrior10

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2015, 10:04:17 PM »
I would assume it'd be before or during since the tour is called the Innocence and Experience tour, but who knows? I'm fine with it coming out after the tour though since I'm still digesting Songs of Innocence. Just as long as it doesn't take another 5 years.
Yeah, I can't wait another five years for new music. I don't want for them to rush it, but if they can, it would be cool for them to release it during the tour, like Zooropa.

Offline Siberian Tiger

• Child of Grace
  • There is no them, there's only us
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2015, 08:50:01 AM »
Yeah, I can't wait another five years for new music. I don't want for them to rush it, but if they can, it would be cool for them to release it during the tour, like Zooropa.

Five years again, Dear Lord nooooooooo!  Couldn't agree more.

lucas.homem

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2015, 09:20:34 AM »
They should release it this year. Period.

Offline Parsons

• Child of Grace
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2015, 10:56:10 PM »
In 18 months "maybe" according to Edge .
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 09:01:40 PM by Parsons »