Author Topic: Hello, from St. Louis Missouri  (Read 620 times)

Offline PopmuzikMofo

• Refugee
Hello, from St. Louis Missouri
« on: March 07, 2015, 02:07:59 AM »
 I first became a fan when I saw the video for Discotheque on MTV back in 1997. That summer I worked with my parents just so I could have my own money to buy Pop. I played it so much that my parents bought me a portable cd player, I wanted to hear more so when I would go to the library I would check out every U2 album or video they had. After hearing The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby I knew they were my favorite band, but I must admit that I strayed away when HTDAAB came out (at my high school if you liked any "Dad rock" bands you were an instant target) Hearing the new album has brought me back and I couldn't be happier to be a fan again.  :)

But now comes the sob story

I have never seen them live! :'( I had a chance to see them when they came to St. Louis during the 360 tour, but I couldn't get that night off work. When they announced the new tour I was so happy, but then I saw that they wouldn't be coming here my heart sank. I am hoping and praying that their will be a second leg.

I would also like to add that I'm a total Bono babe. Much to my boyfriend's chagrin I think Bono is the hottest man alive.

I apologize for the lengthy introduction, lol

Offline Blue Silken Sky

• Elevated
  • What are the feelings you left behind?
Re: Hello, from St. Louis Missouri
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 10:49:45 AM »
Welcome! Pop is the album that solidified my fandom, too! You must be just a bit younger than me because ATYCLB came out near the end of my high school career and I had all my friends telling me that I was "totally right" about this "awesome band."  ::)

meximofo

Re: Hello, from St. Louis Missouri
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 11:02:01 AM »
Welcome, from one "mofo" to another "mofo"! Hope you can see them this time, I'm sure there will be a 3rd leg.