Author Topic: Why only two Toronto shows?  (Read 670 times)

Offline ultraviolet5555

• Wanderer
Why only two Toronto shows?
« on: March 08, 2015, 04:44:53 PM »
Any thoughts as to why the band only has two Toronto dates for Innocence & Experience?  The last time that U2 played the Air Canada Centre the band was here for a week!  And on 360 they played three sold out shows at the Rogers centre (a massive stadium!).  U2 has always had a large fan base here and and, from what I gather, the concert business looks at Toronto as a "sure bet" for concerts.  Quite strange, given U2's history with the city, that we are getting two shows while other cities have kept expanding.

I am very much looking forward to seeing the band here in T.O., though it would be cool to have them do a week-long residence again.

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
Re: Why only two Toronto shows?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 03:33:47 AM »
I'm from Toronto too and going for both shows, but my guess is to why only 2 shows is that if you check there is still quite a few seats left for both shows.  They probably had 4 shows planned but I guess decided not to add them because the first 2 were not the quick sellouts as have been in the past and like you said quite surprising (despite the 300 dollars) that it wasn't the quick sellout as Toronto is a huge supporter of U2.  I was also disappointed, was hoping for 4 shows in toronto.  But hey, I'm going for the opening 2 shows in Vancover and 2 in Montreal to make up for it!!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 03:38:52 AM by boom boom »

Offline bp0105

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 05:10:16 AM »
You're right this is quite surprising regarding the last tours. It seems they have decided to have only 2 shows in Toronto since the beginning as there is no gap in the calendar for more. This is the first time Montreal has more shows than Toronto.

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 05:37:15 AM »
sometimes I wished I lived in NY.  You are always almost guaranteed 6-8 shows when U2 plays arenas.  Wouldn't have to travel to other cities.

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 11:22:57 PM »
ahh, don't sweat it... they'll be back in Toronto later in the tour... think about all the major cities that have no shows at all... now that would stink...

Offline u2live

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 06:39:38 AM »
was hoping for at least 2 more TORONTO shows and suprised as well......

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 10:57:28 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
ahh, don't sweat it... they'll be back in Toronto later in the tour... think about all the major cities that have no shows at all... now that would stink...

Not just major cities, but entire areas of the U.S. have no shows at all...