Author Topic: Greetings from Uruguay!  (Read 654 times)

Offline Ana_Smith

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Greetings from Uruguay!
« on: March 13, 2015, 09:01:48 AM »
Hello, everybody.

My name is Ana, Iím a translator from Uruguay and Iím going to two of the Chicago shows in June. It will be my first time in the States and also seeing U2 live, even though Iím already 28 :P

I had tickets for the 360ļ Tour in Buenos Aires, Argentina, but at the last minute I wasnít able to travel and I had to give those up. Fortunately, these tour dates coincided with my trip to Chicago and Iíll be able to go with my sister, who is joining me there. She was the one who introduced me to the band in the first place, many years ago, and we havenít seen each other for over a year now, so it couldnít have been more perfect. Sheís been to other shows around the world (Argentina, United Kingdom, Glastonbury), but this will also be her first time in the States.

I canít wait to meet some of you while waiting in the GA line; Iíve always had great experiences talking to other fans before a concert, especially abroad.

The main reason why I decided to join and actually write this introduction is because I have some questions about the logistics, being from another country and all, but Iíll look for the specific thread.

Hope to see you around!     

meximofo

Re: Greetings from Uruguay!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 10:40:49 AM »
°Hola Ana!
Congratulations on scoring tickets for the Chicago shows. Hope you can tell us your experience after the shows here.
°Bienvenida al foro!

Offline Ana_Smith

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Re: Greetings from Uruguay!
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 07:28:23 AM »
°Gracias!

Getting the tickets was so stressful! The expression "blood, sweat and tears" came to mind repeatedly during the whole process. We tried to buy tickets for two shows in a row, but only manage to get Thursday and Monday. So, in the end, we'll be staying in Chicago longer than expected.

I'll make sure to stop by and share my experience ;)