Author Topic: Denver Date?  (Read 10586 times)

Offline TheU2Ken

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • To tell the truth, this could be the last time
Denver Date?
« on: March 17, 2015, 08:49:51 AM »
This is very strange. Will they do a 2nd night for Denver? Will they add more cities? Will Ken to see them more then twice if they come to Atlanta?

Offline podiumboy

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: Denver Date?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 08:55:02 AM »
I imagine they'll want to do a 2nd show in Denver, if demand allows.  If history is anything to go by, they've always had good ticket sales in Denver (except for Popmart).  They did 2 shows at the Pepsi Center on elevation and vertigo, and played to 70,000 or so on 360.  The only difference now is tickets are much more expensive!

Denver is only happening now because the demand wasn't there to do more shows in LA on these dates.  Which means one less stadium show next year for Denver, but I understand they need to fill the schedule somehow. 

Offline guitarmart

• Wanderer
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 08:55:18 AM »
I'm just glad its on a Saturday!

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 09:00:49 AM »
Are you serious?! That's right in between Noel on June 4 and Royal Blood June 10! Checking airfare! Aaah! Denver!

Offline Bhawx10

• Stateless
  • Everything You Know is Wrong
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 09:23:07 AM »
I called that they would add more tour dates in America. They have no tour dates all throughout August which is kind of suspicious...

Waffles

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 10:41:42 AM »
Does this mean no LA on June 4?

Offline Melon

• Wanderer
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 10:51:25 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I called that they would add more tour dates in America. They have no tour dates all throughout August which is kind of suspicious...

Not strange...summer holidays!  Also usually at least two weeks between legs.  Also perhaps they want to finish SOE? 

Offline daviddevaul

• Wanderer
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 11:17:00 AM »

They already called NYC8 the final North American show, so I guess the rest would be interspersed between where the original additional dates for other markets weren't announced due to soft sales.

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 12:43:27 PM »
I have have to tell y'all; I have always wanted to go to Boston, but if a date is announced near me -- Nashville or Atlanta -- I am not going to be pleased, because I have already book non-refundable airline tickets.

I understand adding shows, but adding cities months after the initial on-sale dates?

Offline jenniferh aka jen

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 12:47:24 PM »
I had known that Pepsi center had something booked that weekend but they didn't disclose what it was.

I guess I'm going to Denver too! Now on to the buying tickets stress.

Offline TheU2Ken

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2015, 01:31:10 PM »
I have have to tell y'all; I have always wanted to go to Boston, but if a date is announced near me -- Nashville or Atlanta -- I am not going to be pleased, because I have already book non-refundable airline tickets.

I understand adding shows, but adding cities months after the initial on-sale dates?
yea it would kinda annoy me to but then I think Hey I'm seeing U2 in New York too!! I wouldn't have to travel for Atlanta since its 30 minutes down the road. I doubt I would do Nashville since I'm already going to Nashville for a show in May

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2015, 01:32:49 PM »

yea it would kinda annoy me to but then I think Hey I'm seeing U2 in New York too!! I wouldn't have to travel for Atlanta since its 30 minutes down the road. I doubt I would do Nashville since I'm already going to Nashville for a show in May

The Who?

Offline stonjason17

• Babyface
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2015, 04:58:35 PM »
The NHL is going to play a large part in additional dates being available.  From working in the business previously venues that host teams will block off any event that can't be changed over quickly during the months when the Stanley Cup playoffs occur. They don't know the playoff schedule yet and can't have a large gap in the middle of a series because U2 takes up a 6-7 day chunk for setup-2 shows-teardown. As some teams get eliminated over the next week or two while their regular season winds to a close you may see more pop up when venues open dates to scheduling other events.

Offline lemonPOP

• Refugee
  • Love is a temple
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2015, 08:56:09 PM »
This is bitter sweet to me.  I live it salt lake city and bought tickets to Phenix and am excited but Denver is closer and have family there.  It just seems in general the tour has been handled poorly and that's very unfortunate.  So I may try to go to Denver but then they will announce salt lake show and always sell out too.  I'm beginning to think the two night performance or more in one city is a bad call.  I hope they prove me wrong.

Offline TheU2Ken

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2015, 12:12:34 PM »

The Who?
Paramore at the Opry