Author Topic: Denver Date?  (Read 10708 times)

Offline rangarang

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Re: Denver Date?
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2015, 08:40:48 AM »
What is it with the single show dates? I thought the tour was supposed to be a night of Innocence and a night of Experience. If they turn this in to another typical greatest hits tour where they start to play less and less of the album, I will be very disappointed.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2015, 08:46:44 AM »
So who is going to try for tickets? Hopefully there are no glitches, you would think there's been time to fix whatever went wrong in the earlier sales. I'm going to try to get GA's in the general sale (used my presale code), so good luck to everyone!

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2015, 09:31:00 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
What is it with the single show dates? I thought the tour was supposed to be a night of Innocence and a night of Experience. If they turn this in to another typical greatest hits tour where they start to play less and less of the album, I will be very disappointed.

Just speculating, but I am not alone in this belief: LA didn't sell as well as anticipated, so they had a hole in the schedule to fill. So, Denver got a show.

As for SOI, if you look at what Edge said about the new album being 18 months away, you know have to wonder if the stadium leg next year will more of a 'hits' tour rather in support of SOE, which I had anticipated. If Edge is correct and to believed, his comments completely change what I thought they were about to do. And it also might suggest that if the stadium run is a SOI/hits run, this year's arena shows may really be SOI/rarities.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2015, 10:28:52 AM »
Does anyone know if or how "flash seats" in Denver might siffer from paperless credit card entry?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 10:45:45 AM by lorijane »

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2015, 10:32:10 AM »
I'm going to try to get tickets for a buddy and me to roadtrip from Nebraska. Had I known they were going to do Denver, I would've skipped Chicago (where I have to buy a plane ticket) and could've just drove. But I love U2 so YOLO!!!!

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2015, 11:01:20 AM »
When I look at the flash seats info, it says you can put the app on your phone and a barcode on your phone gets scanned for you to get in. It also says if everyone in your group won't be going in at the same time, you can transfer their tickets to their flash account and they can get in separately. Which doesn't jive with the credit card entry everywhere else in the US (except for NYC), so I'm wondering if that part won't apply in Denver for the U2 show. Looks like the standard credit card entry also will be used on denver. Uncertainty is not my guiding light.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 11:21:09 AM by lorijane »

Offline rangarang

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2015, 11:18:53 AM »

Just speculating, but I am not alone in this belief: LA didn't sell as well as anticipated, so they had a hole in the schedule to fill. So, Denver got a show.

As for SOI, if you look at what Edge said about the new album being 18 months away, you know have to wonder if the stadium leg next year will more of a 'hits' tour rather in support of SOE, which I had anticipated. If Edge is correct and to believed, his comments completely change what I thought they were about to do. And it also might suggest that if the stadium run is a SOI/hits run, this year's arena shows may really be SOI/rarities.

I understand about the new album being months away, but the promise was to perform two different shows between night 1 and night 2. My hope was that one of the nights would have rarities and songs that haven't seen some attention in years. So if Denver only gets 1 show what show will it be?

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2015, 12:07:16 PM »

I understand about the new album being months away, but the promise was to perform two different shows between night 1 and night 2. My hope was that one of the nights would have rarities and songs that haven't seen some attention in years. So if Denver only gets 1 show what show will it be?

I think -- and this is just my opinion -- that the night 1/night 2 thing may have been slightly exaggerated -- by us for a change, rather than the band. Didn't Edge say something along the lines of people shouldn't feel obligated to see both? I have no doubt there will be differences, but I don't think it will be what some seem to be expecting.

Until these latest comments, I thought the big difference was going to be between this year's run and next.

As for Denver, I would anticipate two shows unless the first one is a really soft, slow seller.

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2015, 12:12:59 PM »
So who is going to try for tickets? Hopefully there are no glitches, you would think there's been time to fix whatever went wrong in the earlier sales. I'm going to try to get GA's in the general sale (used my presale code), so good luck to everyone!

Hopefully, it won't be as bad since it is only one show and no other major acts are going on sale, that we know of. Good luck to all from me as well!

Offline colofan

• Babyface
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2015, 03:15:23 PM »
The presale went easy-breezy!  I knew I was holding onto my code for a reason.  So happy, I'll see ya'll in the GA line with my DH in tow.  :-)

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2015, 03:41:58 PM »
Denver is not a ticketmaster set up. TM will redirect you if you use the app, which I did. It's through Altitude Tickets and Tickethorse.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2015, 04:23:14 PM »
Ticketmaster, kicked to the curb, as it should be! Ha!!

I might try for GA on Monday depending on what I can rustle up airfare wise this weekend. ;)

Offline u2CanHappenToAnyone

• Stateless
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2015, 04:29:49 PM »

I might try for GA on Monday depending on what I can rustle up airfare wise this weekend. ;)

careful with the non-refundable ticket purchases - they will - with near certainty - add the second show. just sayin'
:)

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2015, 04:31:15 PM »

careful with the non-refundable ticket purchases - they will - with near certainty - add the second show. just sayin'

I'd just do both! :)

Offline u2CanHappenToAnyone

• Stateless
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2015, 04:41:51 PM »

I'd just do both! :)

ooops, sorry - I was speaking about airline tickets - make sure your return flight is scheduled for after the second show! ;)