Author Topic: Denver Date?  (Read 10711 times)

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
Re: Denver Date?
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2015, 11:54:35 AM »
Warning, rant ahead. So no GAs and I was in the aite within seconds of general sale starting. Then I look at &30 crap seats and the fee is 50% ($15+) and if you want hard tix mailed or even on call, it's an extra $25(!) plus only singles available. I am grumpy
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 01:01:51 PM by lorijane »

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2015, 12:22:31 PM »
Additional rant: flash seats have multiple GAs starting at $174 apiece.

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2015, 12:52:31 PM »
I am disgusted!

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2015, 06:33:45 PM »
Miami66, how'd you do?

Offline lemonPOP

• Refugee
  • Love is a temple
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2015, 06:43:11 PM »
I decided to get vip tickets at 240 each for my wife and I.  It's my birthday present for the next 5 years but worth it.  And I like the vip option because there are no additional fees and I guess we get some sort of gift.  So excited!

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2015, 07:16:43 PM »
$240 doesn't aound too bad, given the circumstances! Have fun!

Offline lemonPOP

• Refugee
  • Love is a temple
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2015, 07:25:46 PM »
Yeah it seems even the 100 tickets plus fees just doesn't feel right but I got row 8 and first level so I think I did good considering.   Anyone thinking of lower bowl definitely go vip! Thanks I think Denver will be awesome!

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2015, 07:39:25 PM »
I've come to agree that the VIP end zone $240 seats are a fair value. They do come with a gift. There were still some of those $240 seats left at various US shows last week.

This is what the VIP Fan Pkg. $240 ticket includes for Boston -

VIP Fan Package includes a Premium reserved price level 2 ticket, and a U2 Tour VIP gift, not available to general public (shipping included).

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2015, 07:55:38 PM »
I know I need to move on, but...

If the prices for GAs ever seem reasonable on the flash seats resale site, I may buy them (I know, I'm perpetuating a broken system). But if, heaven forbid, the show is cancelled, do I get my money back? I looked in the flash seats faq's and couldn't find the answer. If  I'm the original purchaser I know I would, but how about if they're bought on the secondary market? The tickets are "guaranteed," so I feel certain they're legit, just don't know how a refund would work.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 09:23:56 PM by lorijane »

Offline Afliktor

• Babyface
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2015, 09:10:39 PM »
so I was pretty friggin upset that I was in the waiting room an hour beforehand, got redirected within a minute or two of sale start, and still was not able to get GAs.  I had my heart set on getting a ticket so I hastily purchased a GA from VividSeats...including fees it was $250.  It's just money and U2 is worth infinitely more than that, but this reseller business is B.S..  Like how were there already so many tickets up on sites like this just 15 minutes after the tickets went on sale to the public from the original venue?  No wonder GA sold out so fast.  Between the U2.com presale and the tickets reserved for these resellers (however that works), there probably were like 12 left for people to actually get from the venue. 

I am a little concerned because my order requires "special delivery" and they have to contact the seller for more info.  Anyone know how flash ticket transfers usually work...? Their FAQ says paperless tickets require VividSeats to "coordinate a meeting" between the customer and representative wherein the representative's credit card is swiped at the entrance for admission.  Like how is that gonna work with GA?  Is some guy gonna meet me in line? o_O

they do have a 100% Buyer's Guarantee which states tickets will be delivered in time for the event "or your money back."  I don't want my money back.  There is no "or."  I just want to know I will be admitted at the event on time without losing my place in line. 

Offline podiumboy

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2015, 09:14:16 PM »
Keep in mind that there will probably be a 2nd Denver show, and it'll be easier to get the tickets you want for that show.  Demand will be lower than it was today.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2015, 09:26:33 PM »
I feel your pain, Afliktor. Also agreed on the second show, but assuming it's Sunday, for most people a saturday show works better.

Offline weinerdog

• Stateless
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2015, 08:29:48 AM »
Second show is on.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2015, 08:57:13 AM »
I'm going for tickets. I will be fine not getting GA and may go for VIP

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2015, 09:05:08 AM »
I can see the value in VIP. Bypassing some of the ticket buying hassle is worth a lot.