Author Topic: Denver Date?  (Read 10707 times)

Offline jimhb

• Babyface
Re: Denver Date?
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2015, 01:19:38 PM »
Looks like night 2 isn't selling all that well. Outside of GA, there are a lot of tickets at all ticket price levels.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2015, 01:45:10 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Looks like night 2 isn't selling all that well. Outside of GA, there are a lot of tickets at all ticket price levels.
I'm not really surprised. A saturday night is going to sell a lot better than a Sunday night.

Offline lemonPOP

• Refugee
  • Love is a temple
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2015, 01:52:09 PM »
I tried for GA but had to settle on nose bleeds.  Glad I got those at least.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2015, 09:46:34 PM »
After the crazyness of the robot captcha fiasco today, I'd not be surprised if people gave up. I finally got a GA, but it was so harrowing! Last Monday's general sale was a breeze!

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2015, 04:56:33 AM »
I counted over 100 GAs on flash seats resale right now for Denver 2, starting at just over $100 and dropping. Yet I know lots of people couldn't get GAs in the general sale. You cannot tell me these GAs are all fans whose plans have changed, perhaps someday the ticket companies will be sued and have to disclose just how many tickets they hold back from general sale in order to put them on their resale site. And then once they are forced to drop the price to face, voila, ticket drop.

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2015, 07:06:26 AM »
^ that's just not surprising.

I'll be selling my extra night 2 GA ticket for my cost. I'm sure Flash will charge an extra service charge.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2015, 11:35:02 AM »

I'll be selling my extra night 2 GA ticket for my cost. I'm sure Flash will charge an extra service charge.

I can add in my night 1 GA, find the buyer a hotel too, and make it a U2 package weekend! ;)

Offline colofan

• Babyface
« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2015, 11:35:42 AM »
Flash charges a rather exorbitant "connection" fee for bringing sellers and buyers together (aww, isn't that sweet!).  However, I have successfully transferred tickets for free through them in the past. 

Offline ozmodiar

• Stateless
« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2015, 11:44:13 PM »
I counted over 100 GAs on flash seats resale right now for Denver 2, starting at just over $100 and dropping. Yet I know lots of people couldn't get GAs in the general sale. You cannot tell me these GAs are all fans whose plans have changed, perhaps someday the ticket companies will be sued and have to disclose just how many tickets they hold back from general sale in order to put them on their resale site. And then once they are forced to drop the price to face, voila, ticket drop.

You know scalpers buy tickets in presales and general sales along with everyone else, right? Many will post listings on these sites even if they don't actually have any tickets because they know they can get them later and still make a hefty profit.

Once I went early to a box office for a ticket sale and while I was waiting for it to start, wondered why so many middle aged guys were interested in Duran Duran and why they all seemed to know each other. It took a few minutes for me to realize they were all scalpers! They made up probably 80% of the line.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #99 on: April 01, 2015, 06:25:39 AM »
Yeah I know about scalpers, but I think they are being phased out by the ticket companies themselves getting into the scalping/ resale business. Like ticketmaster plus and altitude tickets' flash seats. Eliminate the middle man scalper.

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #100 on: April 01, 2015, 07:50:56 AM »

I can add in my night 1 GA, find the buyer a hotel too, and make it a U2 package weekend! ;)

So between the two of us we can help someone out!

Mdmom is a great travel agent!

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
« Reply #101 on: April 01, 2015, 08:53:32 AM »

So between the two of us we can help someone out!

Mdmom is a great travel agent!

Yes, we can!! Hopefully, someone here. :)

Thank you, for the compliment. ♥ I really really should get my travel agent certification! I've been doing it free for over a decade for friends & family; now U2 is touring, so I need some official TA perks! ;)