Author Topic: Tickets at the Box Office on the Day of  (Read 1223 times)

Offline jerseymanhere

• Babyface
Tickets at the Box Office on the Day of
« on: February 25, 2009, 11:45:21 AM »
Vertigo was my first U2 show.  While standing in the GA line, I remember some people who did not have tickets going up to the box office to buy tickets at about 3pm.  They said a certain amount were released in the afternoon each show.  Is this true? I never followed up to see if they got the tickets or not.

Offline bonogrl from Boston

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I had the feeling it was out of control
Re: Tickets at the Box Office on the Day of
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 12:13:48 PM »
Yes, it is true that they usually release some tickets the day of the show.  I'm not sure how many or where the seats are.  I tried to get tickets the day of for one of the Vertigo Boston shows but I was unable to.  I wasn't trying too hard though because I had already seen them twice.  I have a friend who gets most of his concert tickets this way and he seems to be pretty successful.  He's never tried it with a U2 show though.

Offline Falling At Your Feet

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 12:31:41 PM »
I heard of this happening too, from several sources. The first time I heard of it at a U2 gig was 1989, I was at the first Dublin gig on December 26th, and as we approched the Point, there were several people talking outside the venue as to how the band, in an effort to kill the touts, had released a few hundread tickets, so it killed the tout's market.

It seems a high risk strategy if you are tavelling to a show and hanging around for hours, and then to be turned away.
Probably only worth doing if you live relatively close to the venue.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 03:25:20 PM »
My husband did this often with Bruce Springsteen. You just have to be willing to go last minute at the right time and you get what you get! ;D

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 04:51:01 PM »
They do this at every show, and the tickets are usually great ones as they are (9/10) unused seats from the reserved sections (very) near the stage.

If VIP's do not show up, or some press or friends or whatever, these are the tickets they sell off.