Author Topic: Hello, Hello, I'm at a place called New Member... :)  (Read 3493 times)

Offline Mystways

• Elevated
  • wild Irish rose
Hello, Hello, I'm at a place called New Member... :)
« on: February 25, 2009, 02:56:49 PM »
Hello y'alls. I'm a relatively new U2 fan, ('07 or so), but a dedicated one, and this looks like a good community. :)

Here's a wee bit about me...
I'm... ~ a follower of Christ ~ 19 ~ an INFJ ~ the daughter of two wonderful parents ~ the elder sister of three wonderful siblings (two brothers and a sister) ~ American (living in Indiana, at the moment) ~ part Irish, Cherokee, English, and German ~ a part-time dance instructor ~ homeschooled ~ interested in film, dance, writing, music, art, history, the ONE Campaign, green-living, LotR, SW, and many other subjects.

My favourite U2 albums (in order of release—they're all 5-stars on my iTunes) are...
~ The Unforgettable Fire ~ The Joshua Tree ~ Rattle and Hum ~ Achtung Baby ~ All that you can’t Leave Behind ~ The Best of 1990–2000 & B-Sides ~ How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb ~ 18 Singles

And a couple favourite U2 songs in random order...
~ Mysterious Ways ~ One ~ Bad ~ Elvis Presley and America ~ Walk On ~ Elevation ~ Heartland ~ Angel of Harlem ~ Stay ~ Lemon ~ Gloria

I've yet to attend a U2 concert, but I'm boot shopping for the upcoming tour! ;)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
Re: Hello, Hello, I'm at a place called New Member... :)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 02:59:44 PM »
Welcome Mystways! You have accomplished so much for being only 19! You write beautifully too. I am an active member of ONE as well. I really look forward to getting your thoughts on all the great topics in this forum.

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 03:45:30 PM »
Welcome Mystways.

This is THE BEST forum on the internet. great topics (heated at times yes, but fun), FANTASTIC people (you have already met one in StrongGirl), but its EXTREMELY addictive! Oh, and it's about U2, so, perfect.

Oh and I noticed that one of your favorite songs was Elvis Presley & America. Great choice, not one that's mentioned in a lot of worship threads. I love it, its a great piece of music.

Now back to work!

Z

Mysterious Ways

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 03:49:41 PM »
Welcome!

I'm guessing you wanted your username to be "Mysterious Ways" but it was already taken. Sorry! :-[

Offline a Name for a Girl

• Precious Stone
  • mild and green and squeaky-clean
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 04:15:34 PM »
Hi Myst!  I was homeschooled too, for awhile.  And I echo the comments on this place being addictive.  I've only been on two weeks, and I already have three stars.  Yikes.

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 04:25:57 PM »
Hi! Come over to Boom Cha!'s discotheque, we're dancing  :)

BTW I homeschool my kids  8)

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 05:12:27 PM »
Hello there!

I think you should aquainted with the fellow teens on our U2 Teen Thread in the Real World section  :)
We will take care of you here (and of course our lovely moderators Joe, Hawk and M2/Matt)  ;D

Offline julesport

• Holy Joe
  • Free yourself to be yourself...
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 05:38:44 PM »
Hi and Welcome to the forum..........Glad to see your Myers-Briggs results; I'm an ESFJ - was a psych major!!

Enjoy and look forward to reading your posts!

luieu2

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 08:26:51 PM »
hi and welcome Mystways ;)

Offline Mystways

• Elevated
  • wild Irish rose
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 07:56:30 PM »
Thank you all for your warm welcomes! I think I'm going to like it here. :)

StrongGirl: It's good to meet a fellow ONE enthusiast. :) Where did you read my writing?

Zoost: Yes, EP&A has become a fairly recent favourite. I'm going through a stressful time, and I like to listen to it before I fall asleep. It calms me down, for some reason, perhaps because it's so beautiful, and yet wandering.

Mysterious Ways: Don't worry. I did choose my u/n after the song, but it's also the one I have over on Zootopia, so I just kept it. :)

a Name for a Girl: Nice to meet a has-been-homeschooled. ;)

Starfish: Neat. :) I think I'll got check that thread out...

Nielsen: *adds the Teen Thread to her places to check out list*

julsport: So you definitely know what I am then. ;) Not many people I've met know the M-B thing.

luieu2: Hello! :)

Boom Cha!

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 08:31:07 PM »
Hello and welcome!  ;D

Offline Mystways

• Elevated
  • wild Irish rose
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2009, 08:46:41 AM »
Thank you. :)