Author Topic: $35 U2 tix on Stubhub  (Read 5418 times)

Offline BalconyTV

• Numb
$35 U2 tix on Stubhub
« on: April 08, 2015, 08:25:49 AM »

Not kidding...

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Melon

• Wanderer
Re: $35 U2 tix on Stubhub
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 08:30:43 AM »
Not like that for the NYC shows, alas...  I find it amazing that for those shows, between 10-20% of all tix are being flogged on StubHub!

Offline BalconyTV

• Numb
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 08:39:59 AM »
I am seeing tix for New York MSG for $75 and GA for $160. Not bad.

If there are thousands of tickets on stubhub... and thousands of tickets on ticketmaster... could see a lot of empty seats on this tour...

Offline BalconyTV

• Numb
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 09:34:19 AM »
These tickets are miles away. But 20 bucks? Thats a couple of beers :-) Cant go wrong.

I think U2s pricing structures are to blame here.

When tix went on general sale... the tix you wanted were SOLD OUT
Other tickets were much too expensive
And other tickets were far to far away and expensive.

So the natural reaction was to give up.

Now they cant give them away.

Will be sad to see thousands of empty seats.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • I知 born again to the latest sound
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 09:51:36 AM »
I'll be sad if U2 is sad, but I will NOT be sad for the gouging resellers who it seems will take an unwanted bath on these tickets they selfishly hoarded...

And, if U2 does a surprise something to promote the tour, even at the very last minute or AFTER Vancouver, tickets could sell out. Most people I know didn't even know they were touring and said they'll see them when they come closer. The closest they are to our major market is 4 hours and that's NYC. Some people hear NYC and decide right then they won't deal w/ a concert there.

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 10:40:27 AM »
the shows will all  be sold out. This is normal on arena tours. As the dates get closer, the high priced tickets that have not come down will come down, and the lower priced ones being flogged on Stubhub will all sell. If you look at the official booking site on ticketmaster, you will see very few empty seats.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 11:11:06 AM »
Super angry having read Sherry Lawrence's article just posted here. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

No promotion of the singles they released to radio stations? Then why release them? What in the world is going on w/ U2 Management?

Our contacts in radio circles say the record label did not do a hard push for Songs Of Innocence. "The band's label has offered an anemic push to both singles," Alan says. "A buddy of mine that works at a CBS Radio Hot AC outlet told me that there was no effort put into 'Every Breaking Wave,' and he's in Boston -- the No. 10 market in the U.S. The song is arguably as good as 'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.' The video came out after the single was over; the timing completely off. There was no visible promotion to rock radio ... of course, U2 didn't deliver a rock album."

@U2's sources say radio stations believe U2 didn't release s a ROCK album? Did they listen to Songs of Innocence? Side 2?  ???

Radio stations don't play U2's music because album sales are low? 100s of millions received the album free, 80 million listen to it, 600,000 albums were sold worldwide? Radio is broken if they don't consider digital/streaming/youtube (particularly w/ SOI's unique release how many people actually listen) when deciding airplay.

The tour itself didn't describe its concept except in very general terms, which I'm fine with, but I guess everyone wants to know exactly what they're getting w/ NO surprises. Boring! There was no promotion for the album or the tour in the US for many reasons. Agreed. Ticket prices were odd in that 300 level seats in Chicago were similarly priced to 200 level seats in NYC. I have those very tickets for both venues and NYC's venue is more intimate/closer to the stage as well. Strange!

Still, w/ all the MESS management has made, if U2 does ANY promotion, even if only that Vancouver/opening night gets coverage, I think the tour will sell out.

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 11:19:26 AM »
I blame Oseary. He's more concerned with Madge instead of the boys. It's a loyalty thing so he did a half-ass job for this tour. He is Live Nation now.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 11:32:33 AM »
Why worry, the band are still making music, you can get tickets to their shows and if it is becoming easier to get tickets even better.

Nobody can fight time or the massive change in the music world, and u2's time as media darlings, as playlist staples and as 'the worlds biggest band' (whatever that was supposed to mean) is over.

Enjoy the band still being around on a smaller scale and hopefully enjoy the benefits of seeing them in smaller venues, not making music aimed at pleasing radio and the masses and maybe even a band more in touch with their loyal fan base than the aloof mega band they have been. They may just realise that the last years of their time as a band will be all about them making music that is for them and their hardcore fans, something a lot of older artists have been doing for many a year with great results.....radio play, how many tickets have they sold, blah, blah, blah it's all just noise and says nothing about artistic quality or integrity.

Did the 6m or whatever it was ticket sales for 360 make the shows better or make no line a better album?....

The band don't need the cash either, they have earned theirs.....why should we care if they aren't selling out enormodomes it isn't a contest where the fans of the band selling most tickets win....drop the enormodomes and play a load of smaller more intimate venues, where you can see the whites of the audiences eyes and they yours and where the audience is made up of those who love you rather than a split between those and those there because it's a big show.

Bigger isn't always better.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 02:46:49 PM by an tha »

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2015, 11:37:48 AM »
Why worry, the band are still making music, you can get tickets to their shows and if it is becoming easier to get tickets even better.

Nobody can fight time, and u2's time as media darlings, as playlist staples and as 'the worlds biggest band' (whatever that was supposed to mean) is over.

Enjoy the band still being around on a smaller scale and hopefully enjoy the benefits of seeing them in smaller venues, not making music someday pleasing radio and the masses and maybe even a band more in touch with their loyal fan base than the aloof mega band they have been. They may just realise that the lasy years ofvtheir time as a band will be all about them making music that is for them and their hardcore fans, something a lot of older artists have been doing for many a year with great results.....radio play, how many tickets have they sold, blah, blah, blah it's all just noise and says nothing about artistic quality or integrity.

The band don't need the cash either, they have earn theirs.....why should we care if they aren't selling out enormodomes it isn't a contest where the fans of the band selling most tickets win....drop the enormodomes and play a load of smaller more intimate venues, where you can see the whites of the audiences eyes and they yours amd where the audience is made up of those who love you rather than a split between those and those there because it's a big show.

Bigger isn't always better

It ticks me off if this is perceived as a lack of talent or respect.

It ticks me off that LiveNation/Oseary get anything from U2 at this point.

It ticks me off that mediocre acts like Imagine Dragons and Maroon 5 get airplay.

Mostly, it bothers me because I really do think it bothers U2. If that bothering translates into U2 wanting to hang it all up, then that is of utmost concern to me.

I need to keep calm and listen to U2.  Cannot wait for this tour to start!!  8)

Oh, someone started a thread specific to Sherry's excellent piece here - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2015, 11:40:47 AM »

Nobody can fight time, and u2's time as media darlings, as playlist staples and as 'the worlds biggest band' (whatever that was supposed to mean) is over.

Enjoy the band still being around on a smaller scale and hopefully enjoy the benefits of seeing them in smaller venues, not making music someday pleasing radio and the masses and maybe even a band more in touch with their loyal fan base than the aloof mega band they have been. They may just realise that the lasy years ofvtheir time as a band will be all about them making music that is for them and their hardcore fans, something a lot of older artists have been doing for many a year with great results.....radio play, how many tickets have they sold, blah, blah, blah it's all just noise and says nothing about artistic quality or integrity.

The band don't need the cash either, they have earn theirs.....why should we care if they aren't selling out enormodomes it isn't a contest where the fans of the band selling most tickets win....drop the enormodomes and play a load of smaller more intimate venues, where you can see the whites of the audiences eyes and they yours amd where the audience is made up of those who love you rather than a split between those and those there because it's a big show.

Bigger isn't always better

It ticks me off if this is perceived as a lack of talent or respect.

It ticks me off that LiveNation/Oseary get anything from U2 at this point.

It ticks me off that mediocre acts like Imagine Dragons and Maroon 5 get airplay.

Mostly, it bothers me because I really do think it bothers U2. If that bothering translates into U2 wanting to hang it all up, then that is of utmost concern to me.

I need to keep calm and listen to U2.  Cannot wait for this tour to start!!  8)

Oh, someone started a thread specific to Sherry's excellent piece here - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Things I really dont think you should be ticked off about.....I can see why, but for me it's a waste of emotion!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 11:42:36 AM by an tha »

Offline Melon

• Wanderer
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2015, 11:45:35 AM »
How much does radio REALLY matter these days in the U.S. though?  I haven't voluntarily listened to American radio myself in over a decade!  And judging by what I know of most US playlists, etc., it's a joke anyway.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2015, 11:52:31 AM »
It will only last a day or so and I have more important things to do like figure out my mid July U2 schedule!  :o 

Much more important things to be concerned about, and mainly I'm just venting. No worries. The article caught me off guard a bit by mostly validating my suspicions, concerns. I obviously am very passionate about this band, so...

Offline sundaybd

• Stateless
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2015, 11:58:18 AM »
it ticks me off that U2 is charging 600 for lower bowl and 200 for upper bowl seats.

yes, I know it's not ALL seats.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2015, 12:27:15 PM »
it ticks me off that U2 is charging 600 for lower bowl and 200 for upper bowl seats.

yes, I know it's not ALL seats.

U2 $600 seats in the US are special VIP Package seats. Similar seats the next section over are half that.

Upper bowl seats are mostly low $100s or less including fees, except for Chicago which is just dumb. If I wasn't already in Chicago for night 1 GA, I'd not have bought those overpriced 300 section seats for night 2.

It ticks me off that The Rolling Stones are charging $114 for a stadium seat that is similar to the seat I paid $69 for on U2360 in 2011.