Author Topic: $35 U2 tix on Stubhub  (Read 5420 times)

Offline Melon

• Wanderer
Re: $35 U2 tix on Stubhub
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2015, 12:36:12 PM »
NY had plenty of $312 seats in the 200-level as well, which is well overpriced.  It is those kinds of seats that are not selling.

Offline sundaybd

• Stateless
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2015, 01:50:23 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
it ticks me off that U2 is charging 600 for lower bowl and 200 for upper bowl seats.

yes, I know it's not ALL seats.

U2 $600 seats in the US are special VIP Package seats. Similar seats the next section over are half that.

Upper bowl seats are mostly low $100s or less including fees, except for Chicago which is just dumb. If I wasn't already in Chicago for night 1 GA, I'd not have bought those overpriced 300 section seats for night 2.

It ticks me off that The Rolling Stones are charging $114 for a stadium seat that is similar to the seat I paid $69 for on U2360 in 2011.

First off, that's why I said "Not ALL seats"
In tours past noting in the upper bowls was in the 100s, let alone 200s.
What the rolling Stones are charging has nothing to do with how U2 tickets are selling, but if U2 really wonders why they didn't sell out when tickets went on sale, I'd suggest pricing be one of the high priority items to look at. Now even if they reduce them, people may not hear about it/care.

Offline Parsons

• Child of Grace
  • I've seen love conquer the great divide.
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2015, 04:46:42 PM »
I blame Oseary. He's more concerned with Madge instead of the boys. It's a loyalty thing so he did a half-ass job for this tour. He is Live Nation now.

I said it before biggest mistake was hiring Guy Oseary !

Offline Petejbridge

• Stateless
  • Clockworks and cold steel...
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2015, 05:46:01 PM »
This tour has had zero promotion.. I've mentioned to a few people that I'm headed to see them in Vancouver (we live in Seattle) and no-one, even people who should know, have any clue that they're even touring.  They need to be using FaceBook, Twitter and Instagram etc for promotion.  It's pretty crazy

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2015, 05:47:26 PM »
This tour has had zero promotion.. I've mentioned to a few people that I'm headed to see them in Vancouver (we live in Seattle) and no-one, even people who should know, have any clue that they're even touring.  They need to be using FaceBook, Twitter and Instagram etc for promotion.  It's pretty crazy

Wow! I know our closest show is NYC and that's a 4 hour drive and not one people would want to do, dealing with city traffic and such.

But, Seattle to Vancouver is what 2.5 hours? Hmmm...

Good grief! Oseary is ___________________!

PLEASE prove me wrong, Guy, please!

Offline daviddevaul

• Wanderer
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2015, 05:50:44 PM »
I blame Oseary. He's more concerned with Madge instead of the boys. It's a loyalty thing so he did a half-ass job for this tour. He is Live Nation now.

"Welcome to the family."  Maybe it's time for an intervention.

Offline jules

• Stateless
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2015, 08:53:10 AM »
Why worry, the band are still making music, you can get tickets to their shows and if it is becoming easier to get tickets even better.

Nobody can fight time or the massive change in the music world, and u2's time as media darlings, as playlist staples and as 'the worlds biggest band' (whatever that was supposed to mean) is over.

Enjoy the band still being around on a smaller scale and hopefully enjoy the benefits of seeing them in smaller venues, not making music aimed at pleasing radio and the masses and maybe even a band more in touch with their loyal fan base than the aloof mega band they have been. They may just realise that the last years of their time as a band will be all about them making music that is for them and their hardcore fans, something a lot of older artists have been doing for many a year with great results.....radio play, how many tickets have they sold, blah, blah, blah it's all just noise and says nothing about artistic quality or integrity.

Did the 6m or whatever it was ticket sales for 360 make the shows better or make no line a better album?....

The band don't need the cash either, they have earned theirs.....why should we care if they aren't selling out enormodomes it isn't a contest where the fans of the band selling most tickets win....drop the enormodomes and play a load of smaller more intimate venues, where you can see the whites of the audiences eyes and they yours and where the audience is made up of those who love you rather than a split between those and those there because it's a big show.

Bigger isn't always better.

Agree 100%. It's like when I hear about a TV show or a film being 'successful' i.e. it being popular. I couldn't careless if something is popular, is it any good, is it high-quality, that is the question. Achtung Baby was high quality and popular. OS1 was high quality and not very popular.

Offline sundaybd

• Stateless
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2015, 09:14:30 AM »
the premise of this thread is confusing. people are upset at cheap tickets ?

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • the vaccine for your wack scene
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2015, 01:59:33 PM »
hahahahaha, I love it!

back around '08 or '09, Kiss played their first show in Sweden since the late '70s. Scalper types grabbed all the tickets and tried to juice the public. Hardly anyone bit - by the day of the show, secondary market tix were going for the equivalent of $5 or $6 US. The band didn't care - they got paid in full.

Offline LToy

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2015, 04:44:43 PM »

Wow! I know our closest show is NYC and that's a 4 hour drive and not one people would want to do, dealing with city traffic and such.

Actually, Seattle to Vancouver, BC is about 3 hours but, factoring in the wait time at the US/CAN border lineup & the cumulative traffic in the densely populated areas between Seattle & Vancouver, total drive time takes anywhere from 3.5 - 4 hours.

Offline Petejbridge

• Stateless
  • Clockworks and cold steel...
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2015, 11:29:14 PM »

Actually, Seattle to Vancouver, BC is about 3 hours but, factoring in the wait time at the US/CAN border lineup & the cumulative traffic in the densely populated areas between Seattle & Vancouver, total drive time takes anywhere from 3.5 - 4 hours.
Yep spot on, so I guess technically the show will also cost me a day off of work but I'm thinking it'll be worth it. It will be my wife's first U2 show so that will fun.

Offline acrobat62

• Elevated
  • I'm hatching some plot, scheming some scheme
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2015, 12:30:47 PM »
Crazy how perception changes so quickly, here is a Billboard article from December just after tix went on sale and sold out, they were hero's then and ready to conquer the world once more.  (And I think they will again too)

Offline Mr. Sarajevo 20

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2015, 12:56:50 PM »

Agreed.

Offline Mr. Sarajevo 20

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2015, 12:58:47 PM »
McGuinness was a fan, friend, believer...I'm not sure Oseary is any of these things.

"Welcome to the family."  Maybe it's time for an intervention.

Waffles

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2015, 05:01:10 PM »
4 nights of LA are finally sold out