Author Topic: Getting to The Forum from Hollywood?  (Read 5845 times)

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
  • "And you can dream, so dream out loud."
Getting to The Forum from Hollywood?
« on: April 10, 2015, 11:10:18 PM »
I'm reading the top bet seems to be Uber over public transport? I have 3 shows there, so would prefer not to spend 80 bucks a pop on round trip cabs. Also how hard would it be to get an uber after the show? Or is there anything cool to do in Inglewood, worth staying there? I've read its pretty bad, but who knows. If anyone here is staying in hollywood and wants to link up with me and a friend to car pool at least there let me know as well.

Waffles

Re: Getting to The Forum from Hollywood?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 11:34:40 PM »
Hollywood is actually semi far from the forum. The venue is by LAX. Inglewood used to be known for gangs and crime, but it's gotten somewhat better. From what I've heard and seen, there's a sizzler there. Leaving a venue in LA is always hectic if you stay till the end just because the exit area gets so conjusted, especially on the 405 (rose bowl took me 1 1/2 hours to leave). If you're staying in hollywood, get on a bus tour and go to the Chinese theater! The grove in LA is a neat outdoor mall.

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 12:37:52 AM »
Yeah sizzler closes at 930pm, looking like taxi/uber are my options... kind of wishing I planned better, after taxi fees it might end up being the same cost had I gone to see them somewhere else with better public transport.

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 01:17:45 AM »
I'm going to LA1.  Uber back to West Hollywood for me.

I was at Rose Bowl - traffic for this won't be anything like that madhouse.

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 08:32:22 AM »
Nice, if you remember, let me know how uber works out for you going back. I went to the rose bowl too, but took public transport to and from, it was easy from what I remember.

Waffles

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 09:22:48 AM »
Just a precaution with uber, sometimes they change change their fees to whatever they feel like. There was an article about some lady getting charged $3500 because she didn't realized that day was "special". Her trip was only 30 minutes long too.

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 12:09:32 PM »
Yep it'll Def be peak pricing. I'm gonna post about maybe doing a fan meet up and pooling for a party bus/limo, if we could get enough peeps It would Def be worth it!

Offline Blue Silken Sky

• Elevated
  • What are the feelings you left behind?
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 03:13:24 PM »
There's a designated pick up area at the Forum for ride sharing services like Uber. I'm not sure exactly where it is, but we investigated using it for a previous concert and it didn't seem too inconvenient.

Weird idea, but maybe you could hit up a 24-hour diner type place after the show? There's a Denny's on Century Blvd about 3 miles from The Forum. Might be cheaper to spend some time eating or just relaxing there after the show! (It's at 5535 West Century Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90045, by the way). A few other restaurants open late and near the Forum are listed here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 04:52:15 PM »
Always heard rose bowl was a nightmare but me and my friend stumped for the $60 car park instead of the $20 one and we were out of there in 5 mins flat.

Don't take LA traffic advice from an Australian but if there happens to be a similar premium parking option that they will let clear first at the GWF, take it.

Is there a worse major city in the world when it comes to public transport than LA?

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 05:11:09 PM »
Nope

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 06:28:00 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Nice, if you remember, let me know how uber works out for you going back. I went to the rose bowl too, but took public transport to and from, it was easy from what I remember.
Sure I will let you know... Can comment here post show...

After the Rose Bowl I actually walked with my brother back to downtown Pasadena... it was better than trying to drive...

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2015, 06:31:36 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Just a precaution with uber, sometimes they change change their fees to whatever they feel like. There was an article about some lady getting charged $3500 because she didn't realized that day was "special". Her trip was only 30 minutes long too.

I've never had a problem with Uber.  But yeah it's always a good reminder to be careful with any ride service, including regulated taxis.

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2015, 08:13:18 PM »
Taxi and Uber will be pretty expensive in LA.  Can you just rent a compact car?  I suspect it will be a lot cheaper.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 08:17:41 PM by EdgeUK8_my_mind »

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2015, 09:13:40 PM »
Yeah, it's 25 bucks just to park there, so it's a kind of break even and I wouldn't be able to enjoy a few beers.