Poll

On April 14th, fans on twitter will request rare U2 songs using #U2Request, what will be the top? (vote up to 2 songs)

Acrobat
68 (31.5%)
Exit
10 (4.6%)
Mofo
24 (11.1%)
Gone
12 (5.6%)
Red Hill Mining Town
12 (5.6%)
One Tree Hill
9 (4.2%)
So Cruel
9 (4.2%)
Lemon
8 (3.7%)
Kite
9 (4.2%)
Dirty Day
10 (4.6%)
Electrical Storm
5 (2.3%)
Drowning Man
15 (6.9%)
Last Night On Earth
3 (1.4%)
God Part II
6 (2.8%)
Please
16 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Author Topic: #U2Request - which of these rare songs will be the top requested on April 14th?  (Read 5306 times)

Offline andrewau2

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Smack in the centre of contradiction = place to be
Of the songs listed above, what is your prediction for the ones that will be the top requested rarely played songs on April 14th's #U2Request movement on twitter?

Maximum votes per user: 2
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 09:50:24 AM by andrewau2 »

meximofo

Not my picks, but Acrobat will surely be the #1. For #2 I'm guessing Red Hill Mining Town. Again, for the fact that it has never been played live.

Offline andrewau2

• Party Girl/Boy
I'm surprised people don't think there will be more love for Mofo.

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
I picked Acrobat & Gone.

But that was hard, I wanted to pick half of them! Yep, would love Mofo (or Do Youu Feel Love, or Please, more Pop love please). Red Hill Mining Town would be up there, if Bono didn't murder it (as would A Sort of Homecoming, if Bono also didn't murder that). Drowning Man, with orchestra (more older stuff, Boy & War please). Although I love Kite, I didn't pick it as, compared to some songs, it hasn't been missing that long. Saw it last as the Vertigo closer in Sydney, awesome with the didgeridoo. Oh, God Part II, yes please.

Offline connorfin22

• Intellectual Tortoise
The reason U2 never played Red Hill was because it was too high for bono to sing properly.

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
Acrobat and Mofo is what everyone is going to ask for.

If Iris is played, I guarantee Mofo will be involved in the show somehow, either as a snippet in Iris' bridge or as its own performance.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
Is this list comprised of the top vote getters so far?

Offline andrewau2

• Party Girl/Boy
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Is this list comprised of the top vote getters so far?

This list is just people's guesses as to what will actually happen on April 14th.

Here is more info:

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
The reason U2 never played Red Hill was because it was too high for bono to sing properly.

Brian Eno said in an interview that Bono can sing a high A note, and that's pretty unique.
He can sing it. Maybe because of his age he will not do the same version as on JT.

Offline andrewau2

• Party Girl/Boy
Tomorrow is the big day...

Offline Bhawx10

• Stateless
  • Everything You Know is Wrong
Don't know about you guys but I'm gonna request 5 songs.

1) Invisible
2) One Tree Hill
3) Red Hill Mining Town
4) Stay (Faraway So Close)
5) Window In The Skies

meximofo

Don't know about you guys but I'm gonna request 5 songs.

1) Invisible
2) One Tree Hill
3) Red Hill Mining Town
4) Stay (Faraway So Close)
5) Window In The Skies

My advice is to save your tweets on Stay and OTH. They will play those ones for sure, at least once during the tour. OTH maybe for the anniversary of Greg Carroll's dead in the Chicago 2015-07-02 show. Of course, you can tweet whatever you want.  :)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 10:47:41 AM by meximofo »

Offline Bhawx10

• Stateless
  • Everything You Know is Wrong
I was lucky enough to see them play OTH on the 3rd leg of the last tour in Chicago a few nights after the anniversary of his death. I am probably just going to make a new account just for tomorrow so people don't fet mad for spamming their feeds.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
Look at what Lillywhite tweeted! You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I retweeted it and added that it would be perfect and fitting for Bono to also wear his RED pants for the performance like he did here - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I was debating participating in this U2 Request because who am I to tell them what to play. However, I LOVE this idea!!  8)

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
So, tweets are starting to sporadically appear for this. Since it's already tomorrow in some places, I think we've started. Was there an official start time given? Well, yes there is!

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 03:36:09 PM by mdmomof7 »