Poll

On April 14th, fans on twitter will request rare U2 songs using #U2Request, what will be the top? (vote up to 2 songs)

Acrobat
68 (31.5%)
Exit
10 (4.6%)
Mofo
24 (11.1%)
Gone
12 (5.6%)
Red Hill Mining Town
12 (5.6%)
One Tree Hill
9 (4.2%)
So Cruel
9 (4.2%)
Lemon
8 (3.7%)
Kite
9 (4.2%)
Dirty Day
10 (4.6%)
Electrical Storm
5 (2.3%)
Drowning Man
15 (6.9%)
Last Night On Earth
3 (1.4%)
God Part II
6 (2.8%)
Please
16 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Author Topic: #U2Request - which of these rare songs will be the top requested on April 14th?  (Read 5300 times)

Spidermike

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I asked for Tomorrow

Nice one. Funny there's been almost no calls for anything from Boy, October or War.

If you haven't heard it, here's a version of Tomorrow with Edge on tin whistle you might enjoy.

meximofo

^ One of my favorite October shows.

Spidermike

I asked for Tomorrow

Nice one. Funny there's been almost no calls for anything from Boy, October or War.

If you haven't heard it, here's a version of Tomorrow with Edge on tin whistle you might enjoy.

It's at 38:45 or so.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
I saw several requests for songs from those albums (Boy, October & War), but I was tracking it closely for a few hours a few times. Maybe overall it doesn't seem like many in comparison to others.

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
I think it's cool to see Acrobat is out pretty strongly. Hope the band's gonna pick it up.

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
So was this April 14 #u2request event an official U2 promotion or fan generated?

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)

So was this April 14 #u2request event an official U2 promotion or fan generated?

Fan generated

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
I requested the following songs yesterday:

-Ordinary Love
-Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
-Original of the Species
-North Star

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
I requested the following songs yesterday:

-Ordinary Love
-Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
-Original of the Species
-North Star

;D Good ones Miami66 !  For me it was Acrobat and Drowning man.

Offline achtungx

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Lillywhite Called Me a Naughty British Slang Word
Damn! I forgot about "Tomorrow."

I want to hear Uilleann pipes!

Vinnie Kilduff, where are you?

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
I favorited and/or retweeted several of others' tweets as the "rules" said that would count and it was much easier!  ;) Among those were - Drowning Man, Zooropa, Mofo, Acrobat, Luminous Times, Exit, Mothers of the Disappeared, Summer Rain, Where Did It All Go Wrong, Ultraviolet, Bad, Indian Summer Sky, One Tree Hill, In God's Country, A Day Without Me, Another Time Another Place, Twilight, Party Girl, God Part II, All I Want Is You, Love is Blindness (MANY requests), Daddy's Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car, Some Days are Better Than Others, Zooropa, Lemon, Staring at the Sun, Discotheque, Grace, White as Snow, Fez, New York, Get On Your Boots, Stand Up Comedy, Magnificent, City of Blinding Lights

I also did several of my own songs:

A Sort of Homecoming - very well represented!
The Unforgettable Fire
Lucifer's Hands
This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now
Iris
Sleep Like a Baby Tonight
A Celebration - Lillywhite was awesome in this!! I retweeted his and added that Bono should wear his RED leather pants while singing this! ;)
11 O'Clock Tick Tock
The Electric Co.
An Cat Dubh
Tomorrow
Gloria
New Year's Day
Wire
Desire
Angel of Harlem
Heartland (lots of requests for this!)
Hawkmoon 269 (Several for this)
The Three Sunrises
Window in the Skies
Fast Cars
Electrical Storm
Please
Gone
Wake Up Dead Man
Last Night On Earth
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
Do You Feel Loved
Dirty Day
Zoo Station
All Because of You
Miracle Drug
Kite
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Crumbs From Your Table
The Ground Beneath Her Feet - for a friend not on Twitter
Levitate - for a friend not on Twitter
Salome
Love Comes Tumbling
Unknown Caller
Breathe
No Line On The Horizon
Lady With the Spinning Head
The First Time (Several requests)
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (There were several requests for this!)
Your Blue Room
Zooropa

I did not retweet or favorite:
Streets, One, The Fly, Until the End of the World, So Cruel (many requests for this - particularly Bono solo acoustic), Out of Control, I Will Follow, With or Without You, Beautiful Day, Elvis Ate America, Bullet The Blue Sky, Love Rescue Me, When Love Comes to Town, Silver and Gold, Van Diemen's Land, Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World, A Man and a Woman, When I Look at the World, Original of the Species, Stay, Wild Honey, Hallelujah Here She Comes, All Along the Watchtower, Numb, Playboy Mansion

Edgedisciple

Happy to see that many people (me as well) asked for Pop songs. Let's hope that the band see it...
Acrobat got an insame amount of tweets and looks like it's the most requested one. Good to know.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
Happy to see that many people (me as well) asked for Pop songs. Let's hope that the band see it...
Acrobat got an insame amount of tweets and looks like it's the most requested one. Good to know.

:)

The word cloud pictures posted didn't seem that accurate a representation of what I saw for #U2Request those 24-30 hrs.

Here's what was recently posted about the vote tally. They're still counting!

Offline Siberian Tiger

• Child of Grace
  • There is no them, there's only us
I wonder how U2 will respond to this request list. They will very obviously have their plan as to how they want their setlist to work. They try to tie things thematically together in a show, and there will likely be only small room for variation.

There is no way they can respond to all of the requests. Personally I would love to see them do The Wanderer again and I did tweet this (although it doesn't seem to be a popular request).

If there is one thing that is certain they will have taken notice of the large demand for Acrobat. I scrolled through the tweet requests and noticed that Acrobat was by far the most popular. But it will come down to whether the band wants to perform Acrobat. It is the one request and possibly Steve Lillywhite's A Celebration that could get noticed.

If they played all of the requests there would be no room for music from the new album!

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
Definitely, just a fun thing, I guess. Harry Kantas tweeted Acrobat was the clear winner and he's working on a graphic of the top 100 requested songs.