Poll

On April 14th, fans on twitter will request rare U2 songs using #U2Request, what will be the top? (vote up to 2 songs)

Acrobat
68 (31.5%)
Exit
10 (4.6%)
Mofo
24 (11.1%)
Gone
12 (5.6%)
Red Hill Mining Town
12 (5.6%)
One Tree Hill
9 (4.2%)
So Cruel
9 (4.2%)
Lemon
8 (3.7%)
Kite
9 (4.2%)
Dirty Day
10 (4.6%)
Electrical Storm
5 (2.3%)
Drowning Man
15 (6.9%)
Last Night On Earth
3 (1.4%)
God Part II
6 (2.8%)
Please
16 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Author Topic: #U2Request - which of these rare songs will be the top requested on April 14th?  (Read 5361 times)

Offline tom_b1807

• Party Girl/Boy
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Lady With The Spinning Head seemed to have a lot of tweets as well.

I doubt it will be noticed though if it isn't in top 10! I can guarantee they won't play all of those songs either, and it's not a big hit or new material either.

Offline Achtung_Dublin

• Stateless
  • There's many lost, but tell me who has won
I favorited and/or retweeted several of others' tweets as the "rules" said that would count and it was much easier!  ;) Among those were - Drowning Man, Zooropa, Mofo, Acrobat, Luminous Times, Exit, Mothers of the Disappeared, Summer Rain, Where Did It All Go Wrong, Ultraviolet, Bad, Indian Summer Sky, One Tree Hill, In God's Country, A Day Without Me, Another Time Another Place, Twilight, Party Girl, God Part II, All I Want Is You, Love is Blindness (MANY requests), Daddy's Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car, Some Days are Better Than Others, Zooropa, Lemon, Staring at the Sun, Discotheque, Grace, White as Snow, Fez, New York, Get On Your Boots, Stand Up Comedy, Magnificent, City of Blinding Lights

I also did several of my own songs:

A Sort of Homecoming - very well represented!
The Unforgettable Fire
Lucifer's Hands
This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now
Iris
Sleep Like a Baby Tonight
A Celebration - Lillywhite was awesome in this!! I retweeted his and added that Bono should wear his RED leather pants while singing this! ;)
11 O'Clock Tick Tock
The Electric Co.
An Cat Dubh
Tomorrow
Gloria
New Year's Day
Wire
Desire
Angel of Harlem
Heartland (lots of requests for this!)
Hawkmoon 269 (Several for this)
The Three Sunrises
Window in the Skies
Fast Cars
Electrical Storm
Please
Gone
Wake Up Dead Man
Last Night On Earth
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
Do You Feel Loved
Dirty Day
Zoo Station
All Because of You
Miracle Drug
Kite
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Crumbs From Your Table
The Ground Beneath Her Feet - for a friend not on Twitter
Levitate - for a friend not on Twitter
Salome
Love Comes Tumbling
Unknown Caller
Breathe
No Line On The Horizon
Lady With the Spinning Head
The First Time (Several requests)
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (There were several requests for this!)
Your Blue Room
Zooropa

I did not retweet or favorite:
Streets, One, The Fly, Until the End of the World, So Cruel (many requests for this - particularly Bono solo acoustic), Out of Control, I Will Follow, With or Without You, Beautiful Day, Elvis Ate America, Bullet The Blue Sky, Love Rescue Me, When Love Comes to Town, Silver and Gold, Van Diemen's Land, Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World, A Man and a Woman, When I Look at the World, Original of the Species, Stay, Wild Honey, Hallelujah Here She Comes, All Along the Watchtower, Numb, Playboy Mansion
Ahh, yeah. i remember Fast Cars. Great song off of Artifical Horizon, their remix album. That would be fun to see, but I doubt they'll notice it.

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
Official results are in, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. A little bit different to the list post ed on a blog yesterday. Haha, I had the 3rd highest number of tweets/retweets  :o

surit87

Official results are in, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. A little bit different to the list post ed on a blog yesterday. Haha, I had the 3rd highest number of tweets/retweets  :o

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline UnknownCaller98

• Numb
Glad the awful Stand Up Comedy came last as it so rightly deserves!

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
Glad the awful Stand Up Comedy came last as it so rightly deserves!

I added up all the numbers given and it comes to 33,683, which is 300+ less than the 39k tweets counted for the request and more than 16k short of the 50k tweets noted in total for the request. (I guess 16k of the tweets were outside of the 24 hour time period and not counted.) So, I don't think we can say that SUC came in last. Seems that any song earning below 100 requests wasn't included in the totals...  ;)

ddarroch - and I thought my fingers hurt from tweeting and apparently I didn't even send that many! Wow! Well done!! What's your secret?! :)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 01:12:56 PM by mdmomof7 »

Offline achtungx

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Lillywhite Called Me a Naughty British Slang Word
I so believe "Tomorrow" will tie in nicely with "Iris"... wish you could've been higher up on the list, my "friend."  :D

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
Noticeably the first 20 songs or so were from either the 1990s or 1980s.

meximofo

That's understandable. People are waiting 30, 20 years for some songs on that period. The urge is not that bad for great tracks in the '00s like, say Kite.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.

Not a shock that is easily when the bands best work was recorded

Offline rlabs19

• Refugee
I was surprised to see Kite poll so high. I love it, but it is from ATYCLB -- not exactly a fan favorite, at least around here.

I was really happy to see Acrobat, Love is Blindness, Love Rescue Me, Exit, and So Cruel (especially) garner votes. Not surprised with Acrobat/So Cruel/Exit because of the rarity factor. Love Rescue Me would be a nice song to have in regular rotation.