Author Topic: MacPhisto Worship Thread  (Read 59008 times)

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
  • The Devil has all the best tunes...
Re: MacPhisto Worship Thread
« Reply #180 on: December 22, 2015, 10:07:23 AM »
I hadn't seen this video about the bike ride competition before. It made me smile, especially the bit at 2:04:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #181 on: February 05, 2016, 01:17:11 PM »
Just felt like celebrating the glory that is MacPhisto singing Ultra Violet, since today is the anniversary of the first time I ever heard a clip of it. :) Not 100% sure which performance it was that I'd found, but here's the pro-shot video from the Basel show:
Ahh, the days when UV in concert was a thing of real beauty... hard to find the words for how perfect it was! <3

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #182 on: February 05, 2016, 01:48:08 PM »
The greatest ever in my view...

« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 02:57:14 PM by an tha »

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #183 on: February 05, 2016, 02:25:58 PM »
The grestest ever in my view...

8)   I like the ''Sorry we are closed for lunch'' part, ha ha !

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #184 on: February 05, 2016, 05:24:19 PM »
The greatest ever in my view...

That really is stunning. Those choruses! That ending! Stuff like this makes my heart feel like it may just explode with bliss.

Offline ShankAsu

• Desert Rose
  • Can't fight for s---, but sure can take a beating
« Reply #185 on: February 23, 2016, 10:29:26 AM »
The Fly is my favorite 'character' of Bono's.  Curious, I've heard Bono say that MacPhisto was meant to be the Fly 10 years down the road, a road-weary rocker, now that Bono is 15 years beyond that age, what would the character look like today?

WookieeWarrior10

« Reply #186 on: February 23, 2016, 07:09:43 PM »
The Fly is my favorite 'character' of Bono's.  Curious, I've heard Bono say that MacPhisto was meant to be the Fly 10 years down the road, a road-weary rocker, now that Bono is 15 years beyond that age, what would the character look like today?
Mick Jagger

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #187 on: May 10, 2016, 09:37:54 AM »
Haven't seen this one before. :)

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Spaderholic

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #188 on: May 17, 2016, 01:37:21 PM »
What a fantastic thread this is! This is my first post on the forum but I just want to say thank you to Canadanne for all the brilliant recaps and details of each show on the ZooTV tour and what MacPhisto said, whom he phoned, etc, as well as all the links to the YouTube etc clips. I've enjoyed every second of reading this!

I ADORE MacPhisto and think Bono was just a genius as this character. So inventive and creative and how I'd love him to do something similar again! Or just bring MacPhisto out of retirement! How I wish I'd gone to the ZooTV tour. I bought Achtung Baby when it came out and it remains today my favourite U2 album, yet I stupidly never got tickets to see the tour. I guess I've always hated stadium concerts and didn't think I'd enjoy it as the venues would just be too vast and impersonal. I made an exception and went to see Madonna at Wembley Stadium and, whilst the show itself was good, I may as well not have been there, for all I could see of her was a dot on the stage, and I wasn't even at the back of the stadium! It's put me off going to stadium concerts. Anyway, I'm glad to have the Live From Sydney DVD, of course. Thanks to Canadanne's links it's cool to see some of the other concerts from the tour and to watch of all sexy MacPhisto's naughty antics! :)

I'm curious, how many of the shows from ZooTV were filmed professionally, to be shown on TV in the countries they were in and how many of them are on YouTube in full, do you know? I'd love to be able to watch them all, if possible.  :)

Can't get enough of MacPhisto!  ;D
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 01:46:08 PM by Spaderholic »

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #189 on: May 17, 2016, 02:48:17 PM »
What a fantastic thread this is! This is my first post on the forum but I just want to say thank you to Canadanne for all the brilliant recaps and details of each show on the ZooTV tour and what MacPhisto said, whom he phoned, etc, as well as all the links to the YouTube etc clips. I've enjoyed every second of reading this!

I ADORE MacPhisto and think Bono was just a genius as this character. So inventive and creative and how I'd love him to do something similar again! Or just bring MacPhisto out of retirement! How I wish I'd gone to the ZooTV tour. I bought Achtung Baby when it came out and it remains today my favourite U2 album, yet I stupidly never got tickets to see the tour. I guess I've always hated stadium concerts and didn't think I'd enjoy it as the venues would just be too vast and impersonal. I made an exception and went to see Madonna at Wembley Stadium and, whilst the show itself was good, I may as well not have been there, for all I could see of her was a dot on the stage, and I wasn't even at the back of the stadium! It's put me off going to stadium concerts. Anyway, I'm glad to have the Live From Sydney DVD, of course. Thanks to Canadanne's links it's cool to see some of the other concerts from the tour and to watch of all sexy MacPhisto's naughty antics! :)

I'm curious, how many of the shows from ZooTV were filmed professionally, to be shown on TV in the countries they were in and how many of them are on YouTube in full, do you know? I'd love to be able to watch them all, if possible.  :)

Can't get enough of MacPhisto!  ;D

Yay! :) Glad you've been enjoying the thread!

I wish I could have seen that tour as well (especially since I *love* stadium shows and ZooTV must have been the ultimate!), but it was several years before I got into U2, and even if I had liked them at the time, I probably would have been too young to go. :(

The only complete pro-shot shows I've seen floating around are Basel, Adelaide and Sydney 2, but I too would love to see more if they exist. I think I recall someone telling me that one of the London shows was televised, but I've no idea if that's true.

Offline Spaderholic

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #190 on: May 17, 2016, 05:02:50 PM »

I wish I could have seen that tour as well (especially since I *love* stadium shows and ZooTV must have been the ultimate!), but it was several years before I got into U2, and even if I had liked them at the time, I probably would have been too young to go. :(

The only complete pro-shot shows I've seen floating around are Basel, Adelaide and Sydney 2, but I too would love to see more if they exist. I think I recall someone telling me that one of the London shows was televised, but I've no idea if that's true.

Ah, I'll have a look for the full Basel and Adelaide films then, thanks! That would be cool if one of the London shows turned up too. Such an amazing tour. Thanks again. :)

Offline Spaderholic

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #191 on: May 19, 2016, 05:57:43 AM »

I've just been browsing your website! Simply fantastic! So much work that has gone into it, I bow down to you! I'm in MacPhisto Heaven right now, or should that be Hell!  ;D

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #192 on: May 19, 2016, 09:09:24 AM »
I've just been browsing your website! Simply fantastic! So much work that has gone into it, I bow down to you! I'm in MacPhisto Heaven right now, or should that be Hell!  ;D

Haha, thank you! :D Still working my way through a bunch of updates...

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #193 on: June 13, 2016, 06:00:27 PM »
Has anyone seen this image before? Where's it from?

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Spaderholic

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #194 on: June 13, 2016, 06:42:30 PM »
Has anyone seen this image before? Where's it from?

I haven't seen it before - but I like it!!  ;D :-*