Author Topic: MacPhisto Worship Thread  (Read 43757 times)

Offline JTNash

• Numb
Re: MacPhisto Worship Thread
« Reply #420 on: October 18, 2018, 01:13:35 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Oh no, some women are right b*****s, and I'm a woman. 
It would be good to have a female companion, but they just like the 4 of them on the stage so it.....
unless, uh, Adam....well he has played a good woman in the past (Betty Dalton) so, well...erm...we may see (or not).
  Well I mean me or Canadanne lol or any of us so we are already like band members lol kidding kidding

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
  • The Devil has all the best tunes...
« Reply #421 on: October 20, 2018, 01:43:48 PM »
Loved the first of the UK speeches at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login! (And thank you to the guy in the crowd who shouted "We love you MacPhisto!!" at the start, as captured on one of the Mixlrs!) My heart is positively exploding with happiness at hearing him say "I'm back! MacPhisto... is back!", and once again confirming that he never really went away. :) I laughed at "Manky people", which will unfortunately come into my head whenever I think of Mancs from now on. ;D Liked him calling us "my little Disunited Kingdom" (the only reference to Brexit thus far), and deliberately making the audience jump (such a rascal, hahaha). Nice to hear the return of "people spying on themselves" and "polonium up the bum" for the first time this leg - I did wonder if the Salisbury poisonings would get a mention in the UK. Hearing him do a Russian accent is new! Took me a little while to pick up on the "Novichok at Wimbledon" joke. :P

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #422 on: October 20, 2018, 05:38:28 PM »
Loved the first of the UK speeches at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login! (And thank you to the guy in the crowd who shouted "We love you MacPhisto!!" at the start, as captured on one of the Mixlrs!) My heart is positively exploding with happiness at hearing him say "I'm back! MacPhisto... is back!", and once again confirming that he never really went away. :) I laughed at "Manky people", which will unfortunately come into my head whenever I think of Mancs from now on. ;D Liked him calling us "my little Disunited Kingdom" (the only reference to Brexit thus far), and deliberately making the audience jump (such a rascal, hahaha). Nice to hear the return of "people spying on themselves" and "polonium up the bum" for the first time this leg - I did wonder if the Salisbury poisonings would get a mention in the UK. Hearing him do a Russian accent is new! Took me a little while to pick up on the "Novichok at Wimbledon" joke. :P

Not sure if I get the Wimbledon tennis reference. Canadanne is doing great documentation of MacPhisto which I'm sure U2 and MacPhisto often check. But I'm sure MacPhisto wouldn't like to be fact checked like Mr. Orange.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 05:40:08 PM by miryclay »

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #423 on: October 20, 2018, 07:39:48 PM »
love the update!

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #424 on: October 20, 2018, 11:06:13 PM »

#macphistounfiltered

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #425 on: October 21, 2018, 08:05:50 AM »
Not sure if I get the Wimbledon tennis reference.

I believe the joke is that Novichok should not be confused with Novak Djokovic. :P He's been coming out with some very dodgy puns of late!

Canadanne is doing great documentation of MacPhisto which I'm sure U2 and MacPhisto often check.

Not sure how likely that is, but I kind of hope they do, just so they know how much I'm appreciating this!

love the update!

Aww, thanks!

Another magnificent speech, I thought! The Eminem snippet was a nice touch: "Guess who's back? Back again? MacPhisto's back! Tell your friends!" Oh, I'm pretty sure my friends must be sick of hearing about it by now. :D
"My little Manky-pants" - LOL!!!
I liked the Happy Mondays / Blue Monday reference, and of course he would love a venue called The Hellfire Club. ;)
So he's been burning down clubs like... the United Nations? That'll teach 'em not to answer his phone calls for help! I love that twisted firestarter...
Another vague mention of Brexit in the form of the People's Vote march that took place in London yesterday. I love his voice on that part - in fact he sounds excellent all the way through this!

Hard to believe that the next time he gives a speech, I will be there to hear it in person - I've only been waiting 19 years for this opportunity!! Can't wait to finally see the rest of the show, too...

Offline laoghaire

• Staring at the Sun
  • Will you be back tomorrow?
« Reply #426 on: October 21, 2018, 08:26:51 AM »

#macphistounfiltered

I'm sorry I posted on the retirement thread. They have 40 more years in them. <swoon>

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #427 on: October 27, 2018, 10:06:39 AM »
Oh wow - seeing the great showdevil in the flesh did not disappoint! The first night's You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login was just a shorter version of Manchester 2 (plus a nice bit about loving Halloween!), but finally seeing him do Acrobat live after months of avoiding spoilers was really special. I might have been completely imagining things, but I think he was staring back into my eyes for like a whole verse or something!! And when he did the violin-playing mime during Edge's solo, it felt like he was performing directly to me and I spontaneously burst into tears over how lucky I was to experience this. I never expected Acrobat to make me cry!

The second night's speech was amazing - I'm thrilled that I got to watch him deliver it just a few feet away from me, and even more thrilled that U2 have uploaded the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to their YouTube and social media accounts! This one had a Bonfire Night theme, with Mac relishing the thought of burning more things - I love it when he indulges his pyromaniac tendencies, which date all the way back to '92 when he sent Windsor Castle up in flames. ;) I was nearly swooning in front of him by the time he finished! So happy I got such a good one at my show. :D

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #428 on: October 27, 2018, 07:50:56 PM »
Oh wow - seeing the great showdevil in the flesh did not disappoint! The first night's You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login was just a shorter version of Manchester 2 (plus a nice bit about loving Halloween!), but finally seeing him do Acrobat live after months of avoiding spoilers was really special. I might have been completely imagining things, but I think he was staring back into my eyes for like a whole verse or something!! And when he did the violin-playing mime during Edge's solo, it felt like he was performing directly to me and I spontaneously burst into tears over how lucky I was to experience this. I never expected Acrobat to make me cry!

The second night's speech was amazing - I'm thrilled that I got to watch him deliver it just a few feet away from me, and even more thrilled that U2 have uploaded the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to their YouTube and social media accounts! This one had a Bonfire Night theme, with Mac relishing the thought of burning more things - I love it when he indulges his pyromaniac tendencies, which date all the way back to '92 when he sent Windsor Castle up in flames. ;) I was nearly swooning in front of him by the time he finished! So happy I got such a good one at my show. :D
yeah so excited for you!  I cried during Acrobat too!

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #429 on: October 28, 2018, 09:07:52 PM »

Thank you! :)

Loved his two speeches in Belfast this weekend. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login features yet another new version of Sympathy For The Devil (about the RHI scandal in Northern Ireland), *and* a different version of the bonfire speech (rather tenuously linked to Halloween, haha). I completely adore all his evil laughter and the way he says "Let's start with... trust, shall we? What about... respect?" Great crowd responses, too.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login was an original speech, with mentions of Rodrigo Duterte in the Philippines and (finally!) Bolsonaro in Brazil - the fans there have been begging for MacPhisto to say something about him on every social media post over the past few months! Nice to see him demonstrate the "Beelzebub Bossa Nova" (like a Mephisto Waltz, but more Brazilian). Other highlights include more evil laughter and making the audience jump again!

Offline the_chief

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #430 on: October 31, 2018, 07:36:41 AM »

Loved his two speeches in Belfast this weekend. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login features yet another new version of Sympathy For The Devil (about the RHI scandal in Northern Ireland), *and* a different version of the bonfire speech (rather tenuously linked to Halloween, haha). I completely adore all his evil laughter and the way he says "Let's start with... trust, shall we? What about... respect?" Great crowd responses, too.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login was an original speech, with mentions of Rodrigo Duterte in the Philippines and (finally!) Bolsonaro in Brazil - the fans there have been begging for MacPhisto to say something about him on every social media post over the past few months! Nice to see him demonstrate the "Beelzebub Bossa Nova" (like a Mephisto Waltz, but more Brazilian). Other highlights include more evil laughter and making the audience jump again!

Busted my sh** laughing at that. So too did Adam :D

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #431 on: October 31, 2018, 12:15:28 PM »

Busted my sh** laughing at that. So too did Adam :D

Adam made a bunch of posh faces from the e-stage in Belfast. Bono was being his aggressive self. It was a funny interaction between the two.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #432 on: November 06, 2018, 01:44:03 PM »
A Doonbeg reference from Dublin 1. Doonbeg is Trump's golf course in Co. Clare.

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #433 on: November 06, 2018, 08:26:02 PM »
The Belfast 2 speech about Captain Bossa Nova also got the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login treatment! ("MacPhisto announces the Brazil election results in advance. But is he right? You better believe it. Far right!") They posted a clip of You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login too ("Dreaming out loud with Mr MacPhisto").

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login was hilarious and so well done - poor old MacPhisto no longer feels welcome in his former home city, because they've been voting for things like marriage equality and women's rights. ;D Love his horrified reactions as he recognises each "smell", and the pantomime of the crowd cheering in response! And his "nemesis" the president is there in the audience, hahaha - we hear so much about MacPhisto's friends but he rarely mentions his enemies. :) The way he growls "Dirty, dirty, dirty old Dublin" is so funny, too. And...

A Doonbeg reference from Dublin 1. Doonbeg is Trump's golf course in Co. Clare.

Wasn't that just the perfect punchline?! ;D At least he still has somewhere to go!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login was just as entertaining, with his mind of course on the US midterm elections, and a whole speech made up of burger jokes! The recipe for Trump's MAHA special is very Screwtape Proposes A Toast... enjoy the mental image of him smothering it in his "white supreme sauce". :P Some lovely uses of MacPhisto's voice again (especially his wonderful rolled R's!), an amusing afterthought with "Hold the tacos", and the unexpected hilarity of him singing the McDonald's jingle - he can still hit those high notes!! "I'm loving it", LMAO!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 08:28:43 PM by Canadanne »

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #434 on: November 06, 2018, 08:30:34 PM »
Still so excited he came back like I have to pinch myself to make sure its real