Author Topic: Question to the team at @u2 regarding reporting of the tour?  (Read 1981 times)

Offline BalconyTV

• Numb
Question to the team at @u2 regarding reporting of the tour?
« on: April 15, 2015, 06:34:52 PM »
Matt, and co... so I'm curious is there any particular plan on reporting on the tour in terms of spoilers.

This tour I am going to at least attempt to avoid set lists, however I do like my daily stop by @u2. Perhaps the site can make it policy not to report set lists on the homepage?

Or maybe my only option is to avoid this place totally till I see the show? :-)

PookaMacP

Re: Question to the team at @u2 regarding reporting of the tour?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 05:55:03 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Matt, and co... so I'm curious is there any particular plan on reporting on the tour in terms of spoilers.

This tour I am going to at least attempt to avoid set lists, however I do like my daily stop by @u2. Perhaps the site can make it policy not to report set lists on the homepage?

Or maybe my only option is to avoid this place totally till I see the show? :-)

I'm with you on this one. I've just changed my bookmark for the site to the forum home page, since I saw the reference to rehearsals on the home site. I managed to avoid any news on 360, but only had to last a few months into the tour before I saw them. It's going to be more difficult this time as I won't be seeing them until November. It ain't gonna be easy!

Offline BalconyTV

• Numb
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 12:17:59 PM »
Any more thoughts on this?

Offline tom_b1807

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 12:40:04 PM »
I like you want to go into the concert not knowing what to expect. I think I've seen in a couple of threads the title has 'SPOILER', so if this is norm and people are considerate then it might not be a problem!

Offline K2

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • light my way
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 02:44:31 PM »
I don't want to know the set lists, but i really, really want to know the stage set up so that if I buy any more tickets for this tour between now and when I first see it in Chicago, I can get a better estimate of where the best sight and sound lines are. So.... spoil me with information about the stage design!

Offline Siberian Tiger

• Child of Grace
  • There is no them, there's only us
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 03:48:23 AM »
Not all of us have the luxury of being able to see this tour at all. Some of us live in countries too far away to go. So there needs to be some way of protecting people who don't want to know anything, and telling those of us who do Everything.  I'm sure the site staff will find a good balance.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 06:10:53 AM »
It's helpful to know about the stage, because it makes it easier to figure out a good place to stand if you have GAs. It's also nice to hear about how the GA line went and how early people lined up. I remember that people were pretty good about putting SPOILER on posts last tour, but some days all the threads said that!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 08:28:32 AM by lorijane »

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 06:22:17 AM »
Guys - there has been lots of conversation within the team to discuss how we cover the tour across the main site as well as the forum. As you can imagine there are lots of ideas - generally most will be visible. I'll let matt pick that up but with the tours site having been redeveloped etc. there is a good chance coverage is going to be as compete as possible.

Re the forum - will ask fro the 'Spoiler' reference as per previous tours. That protects that particular thread but obviously we cant control what posters say in other threads. And has been pointed out the other side is people want to know as much detail - especially those members who cant make a show for whatever reason.

I'll check with the rest of the team however to see if there are any other more creative ways of dealing with this within the technology of the site

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 02:06:08 PM »
Actually planning to post about this soon out on the main site. Thanks for the question and ideas/feedback in here. We know there are some who want to try to keep the surprise alive, but we also know there are many more who expect us to report. :)

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 02:07:26 PM »
This actually made me think of an idea -- since so many @U2ers are gonna be at the Vancouver shows, I'd love to know what you want us to report on. I'll start another thread for that, but those of you talking above about stage setup, etc., please repost in the new thread so we can keep everything together.

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 02:11:10 PM »
Here's that other thread: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login