Author Topic: "SPOILERS" : Rehearsals at Pacific Coliseum for ieTour  (Read 131608 times)

Offline tom_b1807

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: "SPOILERS" : Rehearsals at Pacific Coliseum for ieTour
« Reply #120 on: April 19, 2015, 03:13:58 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'd kill for that fake setlist. Bad, AMAAW, Two Hearts, Crystal Ballroom, So Cruel, Acrobat, Gone. Someone out there knows my dreams

That's exactly why it seems far-fetched to me.

Offline tom_b1807

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #121 on: April 19, 2015, 03:15:21 PM »
Yeah, If anyone runs into the band in Vancouver, tell them to take out Acrobat from the acoustic set and play it full band, better yet tell them to drop the idea of acoustic set altogether!!
I'm not the only one who can't stand it I guess. I despise acoustic U2 with all my might, but seriously, an acoustic Acrobat objectively doesn't make any sense. The raw powerful emotion of that song lies in Edge's furious guitar attacks and the pounding rhythm section. Take them out and you have nothing. Bono's angry and cynical lyrics can't be sustained by a damn acoustic guitar only (and an orchestra?! The only thought suffices to give me nightmares...)
I despise it just as much as you.  All it accomplishes is that it kills all momentum of the show and will probably see a mass exodus of people hitting the washrooms and beer stands.

I've listened to bootlegs and on one acoustic version of Stay, all you can hear is people just talking over the song :/

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #122 on: April 19, 2015, 03:15:28 PM »
My guess is that would be Moment of Surrender from No Line, not Surrender from War. But what a surprise it would be if it were the old Surrender.

Considering that they went through the trouble of writing the full titles to every song though, it would seem that it's not MOS they're talking about there.

... assuming this list is legit, of course.

Assuming its legit, it would make sense that if there's a snippet of 'seconds' it would be with the old surrender rather than moment of surrender. I love war's surrender. It would be fantastic to see present-day U2 perform that song.

Secondly, surprised iris and cedarwood aren't mentioned. Delighted tiwycrmn is there.

Really shocked and amazed that Acrobat is mentioned. Would be very disappointed (understatement) if it was an acoustic version. That song needs the full ferocity of the band plugged in.

Glad a lot of warhorses have been dispensed with. They have had their day and it gets boring after a while.

That's, of course, if it is indeed legit. A lot of the set-list makes sense to me though, so I'm erring on the legit side. We'll soon see.

Ps: no 'troubles'? One of the best songs on the album and absent. Seems strange.
Troubles could be on night 2.  Hopefully cedarwood road and Iris also.  Remember they booked it in pairs of shows because I'm assuming they will be different.  let's hope anyway!!

Offline tom_b1807

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #123 on: April 19, 2015, 03:16:23 PM »
My guess is that would be Moment of Surrender from No Line, not Surrender from War. But what a surprise it would be if it were the old Surrender.

Considering that they went through the trouble of writing the full titles to every song though, it would seem that it's not MOS they're talking about there.

Assuming its legit, it would make sense that if there's a snippet of 'seconds' it would be with the old surrender rather than moment of surrender. I love war's surrender. It would be fantastic to see present-day U2 perform that song.

Secondly, surprised iris and cedarwood aren't mentioned. Delighted tiwycrmn is there.

Really shocked and amazed that Acrobat is mentioned. Would be very disappointed (understatement) if it was an acoustic version. That song needs the full ferocity of the band plugged in.

Glad a lot of warhorses have been dispensed with. They have had their day and it gets boring after a while.

That's, of course, if it is indeed legit. A lot of the set-list makes sense to me though, so I'm erring on the legit side. We'll soon see.

Ps: no 'troubles'? One of the best songs on the album and absent. Seems strange.
Troubles could be on night 2.  Hopefully cedarwood road and Iris also.  Remember they booked it in pairs of shows because I'm assuming they will be different.  let's hope anyway!!

There's some cities with odd numbers of nights though?

Offline tom_b1807

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #124 on: April 19, 2015, 03:19:04 PM »
Yeah, If anyone runs into the band in Vancouver, tell them to take out Acrobat from the acoustic set and play it full band, better yet tell them to drop the idea of acoustic set altogether!!
I'm not the only one who can't stand it I guess. I despise acoustic U2 with all my might, but seriously, an acoustic Acrobat objectively doesn't make any sense. The raw powerful emotion of that song lies in Edge's furious guitar attacks and the pounding rhythm section. Take them out and you have nothing. Bono's angry and cynical lyrics can't be sustained by a damn acoustic guitar only (and an orchestra?! The only thought suffices to give me nightmares...)

The only songs that I can think of that an orchestra might be good accompinament are OOTS, Please and HMTMKMKM

Offline miami

• Desert Rose
  • here comes the car chase!
« Reply #125 on: April 19, 2015, 03:19:57 PM »
I'd kill for that fake setlist. Bad, AMAAW, Two Hearts, Crystal Ballroom, So Cruel, Acrobat, Gone. Someone out there knows my dreams

What seems so far fetched about those songs? It's a new tour, did you think they were going to play the songs of the last three tours plus the new songs? who would have thought Gloria, electric co, 11 o'clock tick tock, zooropa and the unforgettable fire would have made appearances on the last two tours? I'm expecting a very unexpected set-list for this tour.

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #126 on: April 19, 2015, 03:22:13 PM »

Just LA and chicago which is no big deal, every other city have even numbered shows.  It will be interesting what they do on the 5ht nights of those cities.  Maybe a combination of both sets.

Offline tom_b1807

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #127 on: April 19, 2015, 03:23:43 PM »

What seems so far fetched about those songs? It's a new tour, did you think they were going to play the songs of the last three tours plus the new songs? who would have thought Gloria, electric co, 11 o'clock tick tock, zooropa and the unforgettable fire would have made appearances on the last two tours? I'm expecting a very unexpected set-list for this tour.

Yeah but the fact that it's so appealing to fans suggests to me that it's fan made. I guess though with the whole Twitter thing then maybe they're starting to do exactly that. Personally I hope that isn't the setlist though.

Offline tom_b1807

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #128 on: April 19, 2015, 03:25:06 PM »

Just LA and chicago which is no big deal, every other city have even numbered shows.  It will be interesting what they do on the 5ht nights of those cities.  Maybe a combination of both sets.

I thought that that was the case for some European shows as well, which made me sceptical about the whole two night thing. I could be wrong though!

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #129 on: April 19, 2015, 03:27:46 PM »

I thought that that was the case for some European shows as well, which made me sceptical about the whole two night thing. I could be wrong though!
I think all European shows are even numbered at least what is listed on U2.com tour section.

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2015, 03:33:17 PM »

The only songs that I can think of that an orchestra might be good accompinament are OOTS, Please and HMTMKMKM
I'm not so opposed of an orchestra per say, just as the rest of the band are playing along and not just Bono /Edge and the Edge is plugged in and not acoustic.  But no matter how hard I wish it wasn't true, there is probably going to be that 4 song acoustic set probably with or without orchestra I don't know.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 03:36:55 PM by boom boom »

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2015, 03:39:10 PM »
I know it's hard to judge by a cell phone video outside of the arena, but Bono sounds pretty good from what I'm hearing.

Also, thank goodness there is a live drumset on Invisible.

Nah, keep the electro feel to the song. It would be U2 by numbers without the electric drums. The whole point of that song is the reference to kraftwerk. Why are people so threatened by U2 attempting something new?

I'm not at all, it would just be weird to me to have Larry playing only the parts he did for the Fallon performance for example. If they'd like to go with the electric drums, you can put Larry on an electric kit by just adding it onto his original kit.

Offline miami

• Desert Rose
  • here comes the car chase!
« Reply #132 on: April 19, 2015, 03:55:29 PM »
I know it's hard to judge by a cell phone video outside of the arena, but Bono sounds pretty good from what I'm hearing.

Nah, keep the electro feel to the song. It would be U2 by numbers without the electric drums. The whole point of that song is the reference to kraftwerk. Why are people so threatened by U2 attempting something new?

I'm not at all, it would just be weird to me to have Larry playing only the parts he did for the Fallon performance for example. If they'd like to go with the electric drums, you can put Larry on an electric kit by just adding it onto his original kit.

Yeah, that would be a good idea. I just like the electro feel to the song, and U2 shaking things up a bit. Invisible (extended version) has grown a lot on me and I agree with a few people here who think it would make a great opener.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 03:57:00 PM by miami »

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #133 on: April 19, 2015, 03:58:40 PM »

Yeah, that would be a good idea. I just like the electro feel to the song, and U2 shaking things up a bit. Invisible (extended version) has grown a lot on me and I agree with a few people here who think it would make a great opener.
It would even be great as a closer.  I'm totally not caught up on EBW closing the show as on the leaked setlist if true. 

Offline J_Rock321

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Hiiipower
« Reply #134 on: April 19, 2015, 04:11:05 PM »

They even did YOUR BLUE ROOM, electrical storm,.snippets of please, discotheque, and another pop song but I'm not sure, and love rescue me.  So I think we all should kept an open mind.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 04:13:09 PM by J_Rock321 »