Author Topic: "SPOILERS" : Rehearsals at Pacific Coliseum for ieTour  (Read 131181 times)

Offline miami

• Desert Rose
  • here comes the car chase!
Re: "SPOILERS" : Rehearsals at Pacific Coliseum for ieTour
« Reply #135 on: April 19, 2015, 04:13:18 PM »
^
Full band Ebw towards the end of the show, not the closer, would make sense. I've a bad feeling we're not going to hear the full band album version on the tour, and we're gonna have to make do with the acoustic/string version.

I thought tiwycrm would make a great closer. I've never understood why a lot of U2 concerts end on a sombre note.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 04:29:41 PM by miami »

meximofo

« Reply #136 on: April 19, 2015, 04:18:03 PM »
People, like I said before, U2 doesn't write the setlists with snippets long before the tour even starts, and as in the format of U2gigs. It's just not credible at all.

Offline miami

• Desert Rose
« Reply #137 on: April 19, 2015, 04:25:41 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
People, like I said before, U2 doesn't write the setlists with snippets long before the tour even starts, and as in the format of U2gigs. It's just not credible at all.

It would be great to hear some of the songs on that list (so cruel, surrender etc), but I hope you're right for one reason only: that I never hear an acoustic version of Acrobat, EVER!

Surely the band would never even contemplate playing a sick joke like that on us, would they?

meximofo

« Reply #138 on: April 19, 2015, 04:34:16 PM »
No, the band would never do that. But they have nothing to do with this alleged photo. If you look at the setlist I put (and I've seen other setlists, for example for the Lovetown tour), they never include snippets, they never write full names, it will never say "(full band)", and everything is usually capitalized. I'm not buying this for one second. Even if someone else copied this from an actual setlist, the inclusion of snippets is just not credible.

Offline miami

• Desert Rose
« Reply #139 on: April 19, 2015, 04:38:41 PM »
No, the band would never do that. But they have nothing to do with this alleged photo. If you look at the setlist I put (and I've seen other setlists, for example for the Lovetown tour), they never include snippets, they never write full names, it will never say "(full band)", and everything is usually capitalized. I'm not buying this for one second. Even if someone else copied this from an actual setlist, the inclusion of snippets is just not credible.

My reference to the sick joke by the band was concerning an acoustic version of Acrobat, not the set list. I can understand why you think it's a fake set list. I can't imagine snippets being included either. We'll see soon enough. 

meximofo

« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2015, 04:41:14 PM »
Oh, I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I don't know if Acrobat will be played, even if tomorrow there's a video of the band rehearsing it. The same thing happened with Drowning Man last tour, I prefer to be cautious.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #141 on: April 19, 2015, 04:45:52 PM »
I wonder what the dvd release will be like. A dvd for each night?

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #142 on: April 19, 2015, 05:32:59 PM »

Yes, this. It's absurd.  Essentially everything about it is unbelievable; the song choice is a fan wishlist which isn't going to happen, they don't write out snippets on it, they are very unlikely to open with four new songs in a row, let alone have exactly two songs anybody who isn't an obsessive has heard of within the first fifteen and above all, (And leave out Beautiful Day, Elevation, COBL, One, Still Haven't Found, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Pride - some of them, yes, all of them - no) NONE of this would be finalised anywhere near this far out anyway. They won't settle on an actual setlist until 2 or 3 nights before the show.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 05:37:35 PM by The Unknown Caller »

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #143 on: April 19, 2015, 05:53:48 PM »

Yes, this. It's absurd.  Essentially everything about it is unbelievable; the song choice is a fan wishlist which isn't going to happen, they don't write out snippets on it, they are very unlikely to open with four new songs in a row, let alone have exactly two songs anybody who isn't an obsessive has heard of within the first fifteen and above all, (And leave out Beautiful Day, Elevation, COBL, One, Still Haven't Found, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Pride - some of them, yes, all of them - no) NONE of this would be finalised anywhere near this far out anyway. They won't settle on an actual setlist until 2 or 3 nights before the show.
O good. I'm not the only one that had to roll his eyes at this fake setlist.

Offline andrewau2

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Smack in the centre of contradiction = place to be
« Reply #144 on: April 19, 2015, 08:36:26 PM »
Yeah, If anyone runs into the band in Vancouver, tell them to take out Acrobat from the acoustic set and play it full band, better yet tell them to drop the idea of acoustic set altogether!!
I'm not the only one who can't stand it I guess. I despise acoustic U2 with all my might, but seriously, an acoustic Acrobat objectively doesn't make any sense. The raw powerful emotion of that song lies in Edge's furious guitar attacks and the pounding rhythm section. Take them out and you have nothing. Bono's angry and cynical lyrics can't be sustained by a damn acoustic guitar only (and an orchestra?! The only thought suffices to give me nightmares...)

I agree... I can totally picture and imagine acoustic Acrobat, and it's just not that good.

Offline Sunchild

• Stateless
« Reply #145 on: April 19, 2015, 10:43:05 PM »
Yeah, If anyone runs into the band in Vancouver, tell them to take out Acrobat from the acoustic set and play it full band, better yet tell them to drop the idea of acoustic set altogether!!
I'm not the only one who can't stand it I guess. I despise acoustic U2 with all my might, but seriously, an acoustic Acrobat objectively doesn't make any sense. The raw powerful emotion of that song lies in Edge's furious guitar attacks and the pounding rhythm section. Take them out and you have nothing. Bono's angry and cynical lyrics can't be sustained by a damn acoustic guitar only (and an orchestra?! The only thought suffices to give me nightmares...)

I agree... I can totally picture and imagine acoustic Acrobat, and it's just not that good.

Thank you, wonderful! I'm sooo happy they'll be playing this acoustic version, far far better than the electric one. It changes the tone, making it very emotional, very appropriate for this tour. 

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #146 on: April 19, 2015, 11:06:54 PM »
It's just a hand written set list of songs that are currently being planned to be REHEARSED! It's not a show set list. These guys have four weeks ahead of them to rehearse and they will be rehearsing all sorts of stuff. I think it's fun to see what will be rehearsed, just to see what they can do with it. If they bring it to the live show, great!

Edgedisciple

« Reply #147 on: April 20, 2015, 02:47:58 AM »

I don't like it. As I've already said, the power of the song lies in its gritty, ferocious instrumentation. Acoustic it's completely harmless. To each his own anyway.

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #148 on: April 20, 2015, 03:34:17 AM »
Well those wondering what Acrobat would sound like acoustic, someone at interference posted this :
Just doesn't cut it hey

Offline markreed

• Numb
« Reply #149 on: April 20, 2015, 03:40:46 AM »
This is a totally fake setlist I wrote in 5 minutes this morning : You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Easy to do.