Author Topic: "SPOILERS" : Rehearsals at Pacific Coliseum for ieTour  (Read 129853 times)

Offline Sunchild

• Stateless
Re: "SPOILERS" : Rehearsals at Pacific Coliseum for ieTour
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2015, 01:53:10 PM »
There's been reports of people meeting Bono in Vancouver that very same day, it's more probable that photo was taken the day or few days before, it was not even taken by that girl who posted it, but someone else by the way.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2015, 01:55:11 PM »
I saw on Twitter that maybe that pic of Bono was from February, looks similar to another taken then. So who knows, maybe the person just got around to posting it.

Offline JaneAustenU2

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2015, 01:55:55 PM »
There are a few paparazzi here who ALWAYS know if a celebrity is around and there's nothing on their twitters/blogs. Maybe next week they'll be here since the set up has started since a few days.  :)

Offline markreed

• Numb
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2015, 01:56:26 PM »
Oh no! They're playing songs people LIKE! I guarantee you, ask 80,000 people at a U2 show, you'll get 80,000 different 'perfect' setlists, and about 90% of them will have the songs Vertigo, Elevation, One, and Beautiful Day in there somewhere. Also, most people don't see 6+ shows on each tour, most people see U2 once every 5-6 years at most.

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2015, 01:57:31 PM »
I know it's hard to judge by a cell phone video outside of the arena, but Bono sounds pretty good from what I'm hearing.

Also, thank goodness there is a live drumset on Invisible.

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2015, 02:03:50 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I know it's hard to judge by a cell phone video outside of the arena, but Bono sounds pretty good from what I'm hearing.

It's definitely a combination of live and recorded vocals. I wish the sound was better so we can get a good listen!

« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2015, 02:05:18 PM »
There are a few paparazzi here who ALWAYS know if a celebrity is around and there's nothing on their twitters/blogs. Maybe next week they'll be here since the set up has started since a few days.  :)

They probably snuck into town late in the day and figured out how to use a transporter system to sneak into the building.

« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2015, 02:09:09 PM »
I saw on Twitter that maybe that pic of Bono was from February, looks similar to another taken then. So who knows, maybe the person just got around to posting it.

Hard to tell, but why would anyone wear short sleeved shirts in February in Dublin?   :)

The guys probably have been sneaking into town separately and have rented a house to live in for a month. Like frat boys.

Offline JaneAustenU2

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2015, 02:19:41 PM »

Hard to tell, but why would anyone wear short sleeved shirts in February in Dublin?   :)

The guys probably have been sneaking into town separately and have rented a house to live in for a month. Like frat boys.

Admittingly people here are not the most observant... I wouldn't be surprised.  ;D

Offline markt

• Refugee
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2015, 02:44:06 PM »

Completely agree... when I first heard it I thought it was just another recording of the crew testing the gear.  Then when the drums kicked in I had a little smile to myself  :).  I thought it could have still been Sam but there is no mistaking that Bono was singing live, for parts of it at least.

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2015, 03:11:22 PM »
Friends ... I am so sorry that so many of you built up unrealistic expectations, but anyone who thought Streets was going to get booted for Drowning Man or whatever was always in for a disappointment.

We are going to get new songs, hits and a few fan-favorite/rarities. If you go in expecting any more than that, you are asking for it. 

Many of these new songs are very chilled. They are going to have to get the energy up somewhere. Cue Elevation, Vertigo and BD.

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2015, 04:40:09 PM »
Invisible sounds 100% live and 100% AWESOME.

Offline NalesRomatti

• Babyface
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2015, 05:05:42 PM »
Sounds "live" rehearsels to me, goobledegob lirycs from Bono. Or due to bad sound ;)

Waffles

« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2015, 05:53:48 PM »
Invisible is sounding like the perfect opener

Waffles

« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2015, 05:59:50 PM »
It's definitely a live version, but I noticed there were parts like the chorus which sounded exactly like the Fallon performance. Then, Bono ended the song the exact same way (vocally)... Makes me wonder