Author Topic: "SPOILERS" : Rehearsals at Pacific Coliseum for ieTour  (Read 130333 times)

Offline LToy

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: "SPOILERS" : Rehearsals at Pacific Coliseum for ieTour
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2015, 05:45:09 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
A hand written set list could mean that someone copied it down from another source.

I hope it isn't, no Beautiful Day, Mysterious Ways or One.
To some that will be fantastic but I've never had the chance to see them live so I hope they don't drop some of the classics.
Also dropped: Pride, SBS, UTEOW, ISHFWILF, all of ATYCLB, all of NLOTH except for Magnificent, and the first 2 albums.

Noticeably absent: Iris (Hold Me Close) & Cedarwood Road

Of course there's always a second night, so who knows what surprises they have in store for the fans.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 06:05:43 AM by LToy »

Offline Siberian Tiger

• Child of Grace
  • There is no them, there's only us
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2015, 06:06:02 AM »
Invisible sounds 100% live and 100% AWESOME.

That's so exciting, wish I could be there.

Offline markreed

• Numb
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2015, 06:24:18 AM »
That's probably a working list of some of the potential sequences. I doubt BD, One, etc will be absent on the night itself.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2015, 07:48:17 AM »
I hope they are.

Offline Siberian Tiger

• Child of Grace
  • There is no them, there's only us
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2015, 08:31:08 AM »
Possibly a huge SPOILER or a complete HOAX. Anyone have any info on this?

SPOILER!!

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Source found. Fan by the name of Robert Drzewaszewski was given to him in Vancouver. This guy has a spot on rep and doesn't B.S.. It's legit kids. Just got done talking to him and that what he told me....How he got it he will not divulge due to getting that person in trouble....Feel free to message him... as fans should realize that this is a work in progress subject to change with adds and deletions.
This was posted as a comment by a regular poster to one of the Facebook U2 Fan Pages I'm in.

Then another known poster later posted this comment -
In any case I think this list of songs (not setlist) is believable because at this early stage of rehearsals they will be trying a lot of songs live, some which they have rarely if ever tried out on stage before ... Exciting times ahead!
If true. a four song acoustic set is a big disappointment.  I guess it will leave me plenty of time to hit the washroom and beer stands.  However, a few good surprises to look forward to (if true)- Surrender, crystal ballroom, two hearts and yes So Cruel.

My guess is that would be Moment of Surrender from No Line, not Surrender from War. But what a surprise it would be if it were the old Surrender.
A Man and a Woman is not the best song, but it does fit with Song for Someone.
I'm pleased to see them pairing Raised by Wolves and Bad together. That will make for a very powerful moment of story telling.
Acrobat has made its way in on day 1.
Every Breaking Wave is a great song to finish with, and really it makes With or Without You redundant.

If this is true it is quite a radical setlist, bringing in a number of rarities- Two Hearts Beat as One?!! wow, and leaving out a lot of "war horses". It certainly seems more of a setlist for dedicated rather than casual fans.

It's worth noting that there are 25 songs listed here. A regular U2 show usually has 21 or 22 songs. So 25 would be amazing, or perhaps they are just practicing all of the songs that they intend to use for the first number of shows, and a few will be left out each night.

Offline markreed

• Numb
« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2015, 08:55:00 AM »
When putting together setlists the band tend to have A,B,C sets and established variations of sequences, where for example songs go 1/2/swap-out/3/4 etc and a set could look like 1/2/swap-out#1/4/5 for the first five songs. After all, for nights 1,2,3,4 of Vertigo, they played LP+E/SBS/BTBS/RTSS/Pride in the same order... but in different places in the set. This isn't finished.

Offline ehtaerb

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2015, 09:55:29 AM »
Another thing to note is if Bono is having some physical restrictions due to his injuries - it may result in some songs like One being left out (perhaps only initially) for either musical or performance reasons.

Of course the guys could just be bored senseless playing the same "hits" every night and just want to spice it up a bit

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2015, 09:56:31 AM »
My guess is that would be Moment of Surrender from No Line, not Surrender from War. But what a surprise it would be if it were the old Surrender.

Considering that they went through the trouble of writing the full titles to every song though, it would seem that it's not MOS they're talking about there.

... assuming this list is legit, of course.

Offline andrewau2

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Smack in the centre of contradiction = place to be
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2015, 10:54:20 AM »
Where is the night 2 set list?

;)

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • I’m born again to the latest sound
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2015, 10:59:30 AM »
Where is the night 2 set list?

;)

That must be next week's spoiler.  8)

Offline Rômulo

• Babyface
« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2015, 11:17:00 AM »
Bono sppoted in Vancouver yesterday:

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Jswallow

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2015, 11:31:26 AM »
Hope its Surrender from war that would be amazing !! :-)

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2015, 11:58:50 AM »

SPOILER!!

Source found. Fan by the name of Robert Drzewaszewski was given to him in Vancouver. This guy has a spot on rep and doesn't B.S.. It's legit kids. Just got done talking to him and that what he told me....How he got it he will not divulge due to getting that person in trouble....Feel free to message him... as fans should realize that this is a work in progress subject to change with adds and deletions.
This was posted as a comment by a regular poster to one of the Facebook U2 Fan Pages I'm in.

In any case I think this list of songs (not setlist) is believable because at this early stage of rehearsals they will be trying a lot of songs live, some which they have rarely if ever tried out on stage before ... Exciting times ahead!
If true. a four song acoustic set is a big disappointment.  I guess it will leave me plenty of time to hit the washroom and beer stands.  However, a few good surprises to look forward to (if true)- Surrender, crystal ballroom, two hearts and yes So Cruel.

I'm pleased to see them pairing Raised by Wolves and Bad together. That will make for a very powerful moment of story telling.
Every Breaking Wave is a great song to finish with, and really it makes With or Without You redundant.

If this is true it is quite a radical setlist, bringing in a number of rarities- Two Hearts Beat as One?!! wow, and leaving out a lot of "war horses". It certainly seems more of a setlist for dedicated rather than casual fans.

It's worth noting that there are 25 songs listed here. A regular U2 show usually has 21 or 22 songs. So 25 would be amazing, or perhaps they are just practicing all of the songs that they intend to use for the first number of shows, and a few will be left out each night.
I don't think they would be playing Moment of Surrender as the fifth song in the set.  It has to be Surrender from War.  The setlist is actually quite good.  Only complaints is the 4 song acoustic set and Acrobat being part of that set.  They also can come up with another song to play acoustic other than Stay yet again? 
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 12:03:09 PM by boom boom »

Offline Fastcars12

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2015, 12:00:17 PM »

SPOILER!!

I don't think they would be playing Moment of Surrender as the fifth song in the set.  It has to be Surrender from War.

Would be fantastic...

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2015, 12:02:12 PM »
Surrender from War is a stunning song.