Author Topic: "SPOILERS" : Rehearsals at Pacific Coliseum for ieTour  (Read 131828 times)

Offline TheU2Ken

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • To tell the truth, this could be the last time
Re: "SPOILERS" : Rehearsals at Pacific Coliseum for ieTour
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2015, 05:41:33 PM »
I remember at one point it looked like Beautiful Day was in jeopardy. Boy was Soapy worried

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2015, 05:50:45 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I remember at one point it looked like Beautiful Day was in jeopardy. Boy was Soapy worried

I have nightmares that it gets cut from the set.

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2015, 06:05:42 PM »
I find it kinda hard to believe that you can hear these songs from outside an indoor arena.  So every time there's a concert there you're able to hear it from outside? 

Offline TheU2Ken

• To tell the truth, this could be the last time
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2015, 06:25:17 PM »

I have nightmares that it gets cut from the set.
part of me occasionally wants it out of the set but then I listen to a live recording and I realize the magic it brings live. It wouldn't be terrible if it sat a few shows this tour.

Offline Achtung_Dublin

• Stateless
  • There's many lost, but tell me who has won
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2015, 08:14:54 PM »
Elevation? Surely not.

Why? I'd say it's a lock to appear on the tour and better than 50/50 odds of being a regular.

Not a song I want to hear, so I hope you are wrong.

The band have so many great songs that don't get played it seems a waste to keep a dud like that on the set, it's such a dumb, empty song.

Oh well thats the nature of setlists I suppose can't have everything you want and will always be stuff you don't....has to be a beer or loo break song or two!
I agree that Elevation on the album is a dud, but I think that it really is a great song live.

Offline u2beez

• Wanderer
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2015, 08:57:08 PM »
I find it kinda hard to believe that you can hear these songs from outside an indoor arena.  So every time there's a concert there you're able to hear it from outside?

Have you ever been there?  It's an old building, it's small, it's in a business district.  The front doors to the floor where the stage and sound are is only a matter of 150 feet or so.. Visit brooklyn New York one time during a concert at the barclay's.  They've had to put a GARDEN on top of the roof to deaden the noise bleed because residents BLOCKS AWAY were complaining on how they could hear the concerts crystal clear at night. I'm not sure why I feel so passionate lately but these opinions of they are rehearsing and you can't hear anything outside is stupid.  Unless you have ever been there, are there or have seen any of the band there, WHICH NO ONE HAS AND WON'T TILL NEXT WEEK, then shut up.

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2015, 09:06:57 PM »

Have you ever been there?  It's an old building, it's small, it's in a business district.  The front doors to the floor where the stage and sound are is only a matter of 150 feet or so.. Visit brooklyn New York one time during a concert at the barclay's.  They've had to put a GARDEN on top of the roof to deaden the noise bleed because residents BLOCKS AWAY were complaining on how they could hear the concerts crystal clear at night. I'm not sure why I feel so passionate lately but these opinions of they are rehearsing and you can't hear anything outside is stupid.  Unless you have ever been there, are there or have seen any of the band there, NO ONE HAS AND WON'T TILL NEXT WEEK, then shut up.

You're gonna be banned pretty soon if you tell people to shut up unwarranted.

I live 5 minutes away from the Coliseum and it's not small, it holds 16,000 seats. It's also not in a business district. There are houses right across the street. Before you tell people to shut up you should get a clue on what you are talking about.

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2015, 09:08:57 PM »

U2 rehearsed in Vancouver on the Vertigo tour and I was outside listening. You could hear pretty clear what they were playing.

Offline LToy

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2015, 09:33:01 PM »

U2 rehearsed in Vancouver on the Vertigo tour and I was outside listening. You could hear pretty clear what they were playing.
SC, it's been a while since I've been to the neighborhood where Pacific Coliseum is located.  Did the city convert the side streets around the venue to permit parking only or are there any unrestricted parking areas remaining?

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2015, 09:34:50 PM »
Nothing to add today really.

I'll keep my ears peeled!  :)

Waffles

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2015, 09:41:51 PM »
Telling someone to shut up is rude and unneeded. Would Bono say shut up? You should be banned

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2015, 10:09:42 PM »
Bono is Irish. Every chance he would say 'shoot the fook oop'

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2015, 10:31:03 PM »

Have you ever been there?  It's an old building, it's small, it's in a business district.  The front doors to the floor where the stage and sound are is only a matter of 150 feet or so.. Visit brooklyn New York one time during a concert at the barclay's.  They've had to put a GARDEN on top of the roof to deaden the noise bleed because residents BLOCKS AWAY were complaining on how they could hear the concerts crystal clear at night. I'm not sure why I feel so passionate lately but these opinions of they are rehearsing and you can't hear anything outside is stupid.  Unless you have ever been there, are there or have seen any of the band there, WHICH NO ONE HAS AND WON'T TILL NEXT WEEK, then shut up.

Seems to be something in the water these days around the forum..... Passion is great - how that is expressed is a different thing. Disagreeing respectfully isn't that hard and doesn't need to involve capitalising or telling people to shut up

On with the chat 😎

Waffles

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2015, 10:40:34 PM »
My friend up there just texted me. He said he stopped by earlier but security asked him to leave.  He said he thinks heard a playback of the fly and beautiful day.

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2015, 10:57:31 PM »

SC, it's been a while since I've been to the neighborhood where Pacific Coliseum is located.  Did the city convert the side streets around the venue to permit parking only or are there any unrestricted parking areas remaining?

On event days you would have to use the PNE parking lots (pay) but there is a lot of residential parking across the street (Renfrew St) which I believe is fine to park on non-event days.