Author Topic: "SPOILERS" : Rehearsals at Pacific Coliseum for ieTour  (Read 131556 times)

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
Re: "SPOILERS" : Rehearsals at Pacific Coliseum for ieTour
« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2015, 12:04:14 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Surrender from War is a stunning song.
I really hope they play this and two hearts in the same set would be great!!

Edgedisciple

« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2015, 12:06:20 PM »
Possibly a huge SPOILER or a complete HOAX. Anyone have any info on this?

SPOILER!!

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Source found. Fan by the name of Robert Drzewaszewski was given to him in Vancouver. This guy has a spot on rep and doesn't B.S.. It's legit kids. Just got done talking to him and that what he told me....How he got it he will not divulge due to getting that person in trouble....Feel free to message him... as fans should realize that this is a work in progress subject to change with adds and deletions.
This was posted as a comment by a regular poster to one of the Facebook U2 Fan Pages I'm in.

Then another known poster later posted this comment -
In any case I think this list of songs (not setlist) is believable because at this early stage of rehearsals they will be trying a lot of songs live, some which they have rarely if ever tried out on stage before ... Exciting times ahead!
If true. a four song acoustic set is a big disappointment.  I guess it will leave me plenty of time to hit the washroom and beer stands.  However, a few good surprises to look forward to (if true)- Surrender, crystal ballroom, two hearts and yes So Cruel.

My guess is that would be Moment of Surrender from No Line, not Surrender from War. But what a surprise it would be if it were the old Surrender.
A Man and a Woman is not the best song, but it does fit with Song for Someone.
I'm pleased to see them pairing Raised by Wolves and Bad together. That will make for a very powerful moment of story telling.
Acrobat has made its way in on day 1.
Every Breaking Wave is a great song to finish with, and really it makes With or Without You redundant.

If this is true it is quite a radical setlist, bringing in a number of rarities- Two Hearts Beat as One?!! wow, and leaving out a lot of "war horses". It certainly seems more of a setlist for dedicated rather than casual fans.

It's worth noting that there are 25 songs listed here. A regular U2 show usually has 21 or 22 songs. So 25 would be amazing, or perhaps they are just practicing all of the songs that they intend to use for the first number of shows, and a few will be left out each night.
What??! Acrobat acoustic??! I'd rather not hear it at all at this point.

Offline Fastcars12

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #107 on: April 19, 2015, 12:09:01 PM »
If that set list were true I'd be extremely happy. Would just be missing one tree hill, zooropa, electric co and zoo station

Offline Fastcars12

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2015, 12:10:20 PM »
By the way is there even an opening act at this point?

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2015, 12:11:11 PM »
Yeah, If anyone runs into the band in Vancouver, tell them to take out Acrobat from the acoustic set and play it full band, better yet tell them to drop the idea of acoustic set altogether!!

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #110 on: April 19, 2015, 12:11:40 PM »
By the way is there even an opening act at this point?
Hope not!!  Nothing announced yet.

Offline Sunchild

• Stateless
« Reply #111 on: April 19, 2015, 12:26:17 PM »

SPOILER!!

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Source found. Fan by the name of Robert Drzewaszewski was given to him in Vancouver. This guy has a spot on rep and doesn't B.S.. It's legit kids. Just got done talking to him and that what he told me....How he got it he will not divulge due to getting that person in trouble....Feel free to message him... as fans should realize that this is a work in progress subject to change with adds and deletions.
This was posted as a comment by a regular poster to one of the Facebook U2 Fan Pages I'm in.

In any case I think this list of songs (not setlist) is believable because at this early stage of rehearsals they will be trying a lot of songs live, some which they have rarely if ever tried out on stage before ... Exciting times ahead!

Yes I feel this is very much true, it just feels right, perhaps not necessarily set in stone that it's exactly going to be like this, but it's giving me an overall idea, certainly if they'll play Acrobat it's going to be acoustic, and also hard to imagine any fan would write this down and omitting classics like One and Beautiful Day, songs that's been part of all previous tours, I feel that U2 are coming up with something no one expects, a total change, and both One and Beautiful Day don't even feel like part of the theme of this album and tour. Why is it all these songs in the setlist are coincidentally reflecting so perfectly this theme and a feeling of where they are emotionally as a band. ;)

PS: The inclusion of The First Time is a good hint, it's all about "first times".
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 12:30:05 PM by Sunchild »

Offline ecadad

• Staring at the Sun
  • 🐍
« Reply #112 on: April 19, 2015, 12:45:44 PM »

SPOILER!!

NO NO NO PLEASE NO

If this is the setlist, then I wasted quite a bit of $$ to see them... unless they play the big songs on the second night.

Edgedisciple

« Reply #113 on: April 19, 2015, 12:52:14 PM »
Yeah, If anyone runs into the band in Vancouver, tell them to take out Acrobat from the acoustic set and play it full band, better yet tell them to drop the idea of acoustic set altogether!!
I'm not the only one who can't stand it I guess. I despise acoustic U2 with all my might, but seriously, an acoustic Acrobat objectively doesn't make any sense. The raw powerful emotion of that song lies in Edge's furious guitar attacks and the pounding rhythm section. Take them out and you have nothing. Bono's angry and cynical lyrics can't be sustained by a damn acoustic guitar only (and an orchestra?! The only thought suffices to give me nightmares...)

Offline ecadad

• Staring at the Sun
  • 🐍
« Reply #114 on: April 19, 2015, 01:04:07 PM »
I'm not the only one who can't stand it I guess. I despise acoustic U2 with all my might, but seriously, an acoustic Acrobat objectively doesn't make any sense. The raw powerful emotion of that song lies in Edge's furious guitar attacks and the pounding rhythm section. Take them out and you have nothing. Bono's angry and cynical lyrics can't be sustained by a damn acoustic guitar only (and an orchestra?! The only thought suffices to give me nightmares...)

I agree... I can totally picture and imagine acoustic Acrobat, and it's just not that good.

Offline TheU2Ken

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • To tell the truth, this could be the last time
« Reply #115 on: April 19, 2015, 01:05:47 PM »
I'd kill for that fake setlist. Bad, AMAAW, Two Hearts, Crystal Ballroom, So Cruel, Acrobat, Gone. Someone out there knows my dreams

Offline LToy

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #116 on: April 19, 2015, 01:42:11 PM »
If that set list were true I'd be extremely happy. Would just be missing one tree hill, zooropa, electric co and zoo station

I get the feeling these songs may not be played only because they made appearances on the previous 2 tours.

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #117 on: April 19, 2015, 01:42:34 PM »
I despise it just as much as you.  All it accomplishes is that it kills all momentum of the show and will probably see a mass exodus of people hitting the washrooms and beer stands.

Offline miami

• Desert Rose
  • here comes the car chase!
« Reply #118 on: April 19, 2015, 02:32:20 PM »
I know it's hard to judge by a cell phone video outside of the arena, but Bono sounds pretty good from what I'm hearing.

Also, thank goodness there is a live drumset on Invisible.

Nah, keep the electro feel to the song. It would be U2 by numbers without the electric drums. The whole point of that song is the reference to kraftwerk. Why are people so threatened by U2 attempting something new?

Offline miami

• Desert Rose
  • here comes the car chase!
« Reply #119 on: April 19, 2015, 02:51:45 PM »
My guess is that would be Moment of Surrender from No Line, not Surrender from War. But what a surprise it would be if it were the old Surrender.

Considering that they went through the trouble of writing the full titles to every song though, it would seem that it's not MOS they're talking about there.

... assuming this list is legit, of course.

Assuming its legit, it would make sense that if there's a snippet of 'seconds' it would be with the old surrender rather than moment of surrender. I love war's surrender. It would be fantastic to see present-day U2 perform that song.

Secondly, surprised iris and cedarwood aren't mentioned. Delighted tiwycrmn is there.

Really shocked and amazed that Acrobat is mentioned. Would be very disappointed (understatement) if it was an acoustic version. That song needs the full ferocity of the band plugged in.

Glad a lot of warhorses have been dispensed with. They have had their day and it gets boring after a while.

That's, of course, if it is indeed legit. A lot of the set-list makes sense to me though, so I'm erring on the legit side. We'll soon see.

Ps: no 'troubles'? One of the best songs on the album and absent. Seems strange.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 03:01:53 PM by miami »